RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Connecticut @ Marquette - 2/05/21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 02/05/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers is now making 3's at a rate of 59.6% (34-57)

I watched her for 2+ years in HS and this was how well she shot then. What always impressed me was that she always found a good shot, or else she found an open team mate.
If I was Geno I'd leave her alone.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UConn just doing a layup drill. Marquette needs to clog up the middle and make them shoot from further out than 2'.

UConn raining 3s - happy now? Very Happy

yeah, if you get beat from 3 by a team that's clearly better than you, it's way better than allowing layup after layup. Of course if it's mostly one player hitting those threes, then it might be time to box and one.

- Amanda Gorman
mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/05/21 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Re Nika, I initially got the feeling he was giving her forced and undeserved minutes at PG simply because he wanted to free up Paige to be the primary outside shooter and Evina to be the secondary outside shooter. But Nika has kept producing better and better, especially with confidence and judgment, and now is fully earning her minutes.

I got the impression today that Geno only wanted to play 6.2 players in prep for SCar. No explanation why Griffin didn't play, who would have made it 7.2 players.

I think there was some quick judgement on Nika, but she was a freshman and she was injured..and I think the injury was holding her back more than initially thought.

I just love this group of Freshman. (I also really like Evina)

PostPosted: 02/05/21 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
WHAT a layup by Paige -- switches hands while in midair under the basket and puts up an overhead reverse layup with reverse English off the backboard. It was Maya-ish.

You mean this play?
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3dvLKbNSZ1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, thanks, but I think its inappropriate for you to deliberately change my quoted words.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/05/21 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VaZeAgBoEPg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 02/05/21 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TBH I would love to have another year from Evina but I doubt that happens. I would take her back over the juniors (ONO and CW) as they are just overhyped at this point. ONO is a non-factor in big games and/or against teams with any height. CW is a streaky shooter, and when she's off, she's OFF.

Sign me up as another Muhl fan. She is fun to watch out there and scrappy. If she can consistently hit from outside her, Paige Buckets, and Fudd are going to be Shocked

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/06/21 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
TBH I would love to have another year from Evina but I doubt that happens. I would take her back over the juniors (ONO and CW) as they are just overhyped at this point. ONO is a non-factor in big games and/or against teams with any height. CW is a streaky shooter, and when she's off, she's OFF.

Sign me up as another Muhl fan. She is fun to watch out there and scrappy. If she can consistently hit from outside her, Paige Buckets, and Fudd are going to be Shocked

CW is inconsistent, but you can usually trust her to show up in big games. She actually reminds me of Charde Houston some.

Agree completely about ONO, she’s clumsy and soft..even against bad teams..she’s just usually so much taller she can get what she wants. This is why I’m so much in favor of getting AE more time. Let her learn to play with fouls..and let her know we’ll need her more than 15 minutes when it matters.

I don’t think she’ll be the defender that Farris was, but that’s who Muhl reminded me of last night...which is about as high a compliment as I can give a player.

Really hoping to get Evina back too. It would be nice to give her a farewell season with fans in the stands.

PostPosted: 02/06/21 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Besides Paige, the only other freshman who was as polished and productive from day one of their freshman year was of course the great Maya Moore.

As a caveat, I was unable to see Cheryl Miller in her heyday.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/07/21 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Besides Paige, the only other freshman who was as polished and productive from day one of their freshman year was of course the great Maya Moore.

If she keeps up this season, I may have to rank her ahead of Maya, because of position. She was very, very good for the first part of the season, but she's become great because Geno moved her off the ball a bit and Nikka has emerged as the primary ball handler/PG.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 02/07/21 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really nice to see the progression of this young team. I love the frosh. Absolutely love them. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

The burden on them is great- no upper-class leadership AT ALL-and the COVID BS- but they seem to be rising to the challenge.

There will be a major step-up in class Monday vs SC, of course, and with a gun to my head, I'd have to take the visitors to win.

As long as the youngsters COMPORT (where have you gone, Dear Doris?) themselves well, it's cool.

FWIW- the Edward's block of an attempted 3, ball recovery, run out, finish, and completed AND ONE was THE play of the game, imo. It's so nice to have a big like her again! Has footwork and a LEFT HAND. And attitude, like the rest of the class.

Muhl has really come on... a night and day change as she acclimates and comes up to speed, and Bueckers is starting to look like Bueckers. Amen.

These frosh have balls. We actually have a bench. For the 1st time in years, I feel like it's a UConn team again. And, next year we should be for real again.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/07/21 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Elena Delle Donne led the nation in scoring as a freshperson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: