RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Notre Dame @ Syracuse - 1/31/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/21 12:20 am    ::: Notre Dame @ Syracuse - 1/31/21 Reply Reply with quote

Syracuse, NY - 11:00 AM ET
TV: ACC Network (Sam Ravech, Monica McNutt)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=d3b0ccfc-deee-4201-abaf-179a72a5f155 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://cuse.com/watch/?Live=5445&type=Live

Live stats:
https://cuse.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/31/21 3:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how much Olivia Miles plays for ND. Ivey was giving a lot of praise for her.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/21 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

13-11 SYR with 4:10 left in first

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/21 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

65-58 ND end of third

Early freshman Miles looking promising for ND.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/21 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

81-69 SYR final

Mangakahia 19 pts, 9 reb, 11 ast, 4 TO, 1 stl

linkster

PostPosted: 01/31/21 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND outscored by 23-4 in the 4th period after leading the first 3.

Watching this program deteriorate makes me wonder if something has been going on behind the scenes for the last few years. If the transfers were so good why didn't they play more? And if they just weren't good enough to start then they weren't a reason for the collapse.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/31/21 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I won't pretend to know the ins & outs of Notre Dame wbb, but it seems they are very young this season – and Ivey being only in her 1st year is surely still in exploration mode as it pertains to how to best coach this team now & in the future, and how to develop them. Last season, they hardly had the bodies and the talent (and the coaching, as McGraw was probably burnt out as the season wore on and maybe even from the start of it) to compete – and it showed. Ivey is getting the recruits. Now they just have to grow together.

Good time to rebuild, since fans aren't allowed at the games anyway. By next season, I wouldn't be surprised if things were back to the ole standard for Notre Dame wbb.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/01/21 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samantha Brunelle was a top 10 recruit out of high school (at one point ranked #1) and now doesn't start on a team that has to be much worse than she expected, after going through a losing record last year. I could see her "entering the portal" in the spring.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/01/21 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Samantha Brunelle was a top 10 recruit out of high school (at one point ranked #1) and now doesn't start on a team that has to be much worse than she expected, after going through a losing record last year. I could see her "entering the portal" in the spring.

I think Brunelle is a nice player, but if she's your best player, you're not going past the sweet 16. She just seems a step(or two) slow to be an elite player, which I think she probably was in HS and and AAU, because her skill level is so off the charts, especially at her size.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/01/21 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Yes from the games I’ve seen, she’s not lived up to the hype as a former #1, she has no one to blame, but herself for coming off the bench. To be fair, the pandemic has taken a toll and some players bounced back faster than others. I hope she can turn things around.

Olivia Miles only played a few minutes, but boy do the Irish have a player on their hands. Ivey should definitely build the team around her and Westbeld.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: