RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Colorado results in PR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unkiemark

PostPosted: 12/25/05 1:10 pm    ::: Colorado results in PR Reply Reply with quote

Colorado finished third in the San Juan Shootout with its lone win coming against host Puerto Rico-Mayaguez.

Colorado began the tourney with a 84-83 OT loss to Northern Arizona – a game in which the Buffs would get limited minutes from their number one scorer, Jackie McFarland who was in foul trouble early in the game. McFarland entered the game as the #2 scorer in the nation, but played only 10 minutes scoring four points. With McFarland out junior forward Anna Nedovic scored a season high 25 points and pulled down 11 rebounds.

The game itself was decided in the final second of OT when CU fouled NAU’s Sandra Viksrtye with 0.4 seconds left in the game. Viksrtye hit both free throws for the win.

CU had no problem defeating PR-Mayaguez in the second game winning 90-42.

The final night’s game saw the Buffs facing the athletic South Florida Bulls. Like many of the Buff’s losses this season CU would spend much of the game playing from behind and struggling to overcome turnovers and poor defense. CU was down only five at the half, but USF would force a number of turnovers to open the second half and once again the Buffs were unable to make up the deficit.

CU (4-6) has two non-conference games remaining at home – South Dakota State and Oregon - before they host Nebraska to open the Big 12 portion of their schedule.

PostPosted: 12/26/05 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ugh.

After suffering through listening to the N. Arizona game I was unable to bring myself to listen to the next two games - first time that I've passed on listening to a road game in at least five years.

Still, I'm holding out hope that at some time - now would be just fine thank you - this group of indivual talents will transform into a basketball team.

Aside from Baylor, the rest of the Big 12 seems far from intimidating. Maybe, just maybe, the Buffs won't wait until the end of the season to get sick of losing.

On a side note, I watched a tape of Denver beating Gonzaga last week and found them a very fun team to follow. First time I got to see Ceal Barry provide color and wow - she's already the best - I learned so much about every player on the court for DU just listening to her.

sbjules

PostPosted: 12/27/05 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
On a side note, I watched a tape of Denver beating Gonzaga last week and found them a very fun team to follow. First time I got to see Ceal Barry provide color and wow - she's already the best - I learned so much about every player on the court for DU just listening to her.

I'd love to hear her. She's one of my all-time favorites.

KatValeska

PostPosted: 12/27/05 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"I'd love to hear her. She's one of my all-time favorites."

hey sbj - hope you are enjoying the holiday season. Do you have Direct TV? Anyway, I'll try to let you know when Ceal is covering a game - I belive the best national bet will be Feb. 4 when CU hosts Texas - that is if you've sufficiently recovered from Groundhog Day festivities and celebrations by then.

I'd been eager to hear her cover a game as well, but I believe she's covered mostly CU home games, and well, I try to attend those in person. Really though, she was fantastic and the knowledge she brings and the obvious preparation is a real treat. She should be doing this on a national level.

Sigh - I've had the DTV for months now and one of these days I'm going to get around to getting TIVO. Spending a small fortune on sports packages and very rarely have time to watch things when they're on - silly really.

Oh, and goshdangit - how do y'all get the boxed quotes thing to function?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: