RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Horizon League

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/16/21 8:01 pm    ::: Horizon League Reply Reply with quote

It's interesting to see UW-Green Bay sort of in the middle of the pack of the Horizon Conference which they have really pretty much owned. UW-Milwaukee is off to a great start this season at 10-0 in the league and 13-1 overall and lead the conference for now. It's also interesting to see the difference in the number of games played by the teams though. Wright State is close behind at 9-1 in the conference. IUPUI at 6-0 and Northern Kentucky at 4-0 are also undefeated in the conference but have lost some games in conference play due to Covid.

I also saw where Robert Morris and Wright State had games canceled against opponents this weekend due to Covid so they ended up playing each other this weekend.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/16/21 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised by Milwaukee. Wright State was coming on strong the last couple of years, IIRC. It's fun to see a conference that was once one team's personal fiefdom become competitive.

PostPosted: 01/17/21 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised by Milwaukee. Wright State was coming on strong the last couple of years, IIRC. It's fun to see a conference that was once one team's personal fiefdom become competitive.

It makes me feel a tad better about Marquette getting beat by UW-Milwaukee Smile. But yeah I haven't seen them be this successful in awhile and they've already beaten nemesis UW-Green Bay twice in Green Bay this season. They are supposed to go to IUPUI for two games this weekend for a battle of unbeaten Horizon teams assuming IUPUI is back from their Covid pause.

And yes I do recall Wright State doing pretty well in the Horizon the last few years also and they're right up there at the top again this season too.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/23/21 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UW-Milwaukee pulled out two close wins at IUPUI this weekend to move to 12-0 in the Horizon and has a 3 game lead over 2nd place Wright State who is 9-3 after two losses to Robert Morris this weekend. UWM next plays NKU at home next weekend - NKU is undefeated in the Horizon but have missed a ton of games due to Covid - they have only played 4 league games so far compared to the 12 league games UWM has played.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: