RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tennessee @ Louisiana St - 1/10/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/10/21 12:27 am    ::: Tennessee @ Louisiana St - 1/10/21 Reply Reply with quote

Baton Rouge, LA - 2:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=590c0a20-a2d7-4d33-a6bb-91aaa19fa2ac (tvpli)

Audio:
https://lsusports.net/watch/?Live=357&type=Live

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=321502

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/10/21 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn up by one at the half. They appear to have left all their defense on the court against Arkansas.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/10/21 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn played like crap all game, turned the ball over 9 times in the 3rd Q, then missed 4 FT's and threw away an inbounds pass in the waning seconds of the 4th, and still won 64-63.

Any WNBA coach who sees this game tape isn't going to take Davis in the first round...zero effort and poor execution. Key spent most of the game playing with her hair. Horston had several sulking fits, and coaching was suboptimal as well. KJH could find no answer for Pointer driving the lane and making layups at will, for 25 pts.

SMH.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/10/21 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Tenn played like crap all game, turned the ball over 9 times in the 3rd Q, then missed 4 FT's and threw away an inbounds pass in the waning seconds of the 4th, and still won 64-63.

Any WNBA coach who sees this game tape isn't going to take Davis in the first round...zero effort and poor execution. Key spent most of the game playing with her hair. Horston had several sulking fits, and coaching was suboptimal as well. KJH could find no answer for Pointer driving the lane and making layups at will, for 25 pts.

SMH.

It's clear that Kelly inherited a disaster that wasn't controlled. I give her a pass until she has all of her own recruits. But if I'm Tennessee, I worry. No kids alive have seen Tennessee as TENNESSEE and Kelly just doesn't have the type of personality that stands out.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/11/21 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

SMH.

It's clear that Kelly inherited a disaster that wasn't controlled. I give her a pass until she has all of her own recruits. But if I'm Tennessee, I worry. No kids alive have seen Tennessee as TENNESSEE and Kelly just doesn't have the type of personality that stands out.

It is worrisome. Westbrook, Collins, and Massengill were big losses both in terms of work ethic and ability. However, Rae Burrell is the real deal, and if I were to build a team around someone, it would be her and not Davis. Soph Jordan Horston, and freshmen Destiny Salary and Marta Suarez still need some work but will be very solid players. There's a good recruiting class coming in, but Tenn is desperately in need of a big aggressive post who's not turnover prone, and I'm not sure there's one of those in the pipeline.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: