RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Providence @ #3 UConn, Sat. 1/9/21, 1pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6433
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 11:30 am    ::: Providence @ #3 UConn, Sat. 1/9/21, 1pm Reply Reply with quote

At Gampel, 1pm

TV = SNY

In-market (CT, NY, NJ, PA) stream = http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny

Out-of-market stream = https://www.foxsports.com/ in FOX Sports app or www.fox.com/sports in FOX Now app

Radio = Tunein

Stats = http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=324601
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6433
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edwards listed as starting over Makurat. Yay. Hope it works out.
singinerd54



Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 967
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am quite surprised, and very pleasantly so, that Geno has gone to the bench so extensively and so early. We need more of that willingness, even when it doesn't immediately pay dividends like it has today.

Geno needs to relearn how to run an offense that has two actual posts. It's been a looong time since we've had that, and it very much shows.

Providence is well-coached, particularly shown through their ball movement. I like their poise, too.

Every UConn player needs to look to be a threat to score every time they get the ball.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6433
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the worst quarters I've ever seen any UConn team play. The offense was totally clueless and fumble-bally Geno yanks 4 starters in the first 6 minutes. The Pistol playing center against Mighty Mouse was interesting.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6433
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big improvement in the 2Q. Man, Griffin would be a triple threat terror if she had an outside shot. Paige is the only reliably steady contributor, so she plays almost all the minutes.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 27350



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
singinerd54



Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 967
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.


I imagine you're not surprised by that, or at least you shouldn't be. And tell that to Baylor and Kim.


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1800
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.


I mean, why even post this? Only UCONN could be criticized for their schedule during the 2020-2021 season. Very few teams have had their schedule more impacted by Covid than UCONN. We should've played Louisville, Mississippi State, and Baylor by now. I love how posters like you complain about UCONN fans and they way they post and what they say, then you do this.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 27350



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
myrtle wrote:
[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.


I mean, why even post this? Only UCONN could be criticized for their schedule during the 2020-2021 season. Very few teams have had their schedule more impacted by Covid than UCONN. We should've played Louisville, Mississippi State, and Baylor by now. I love how posters like you complain about UCONN fans and they way they post and what they say, then you do this.


where have I complained about UCONN fans? Some have griped at me for being too pro-UConn.
And I wasn't complaining about UConn's schedule. I love that Geno tries to schedule tough OOC games. I was just making a statement about this game. When one team is so much superior to the other in talent alone, it's boring to watch unless you are looking for some specific player(s) to see how they operate in a scrimmage.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
singinerd54



Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 967
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Every UConn player needs to look to be a threat to score every time they get the ball.


Thank you for listening, Evina!!

We won't win the championship trying to run so much offense through ONO.
Edit: Meaning so many plays where we expect her to (or she does anyway) go 1-on-1 in the post.




Last edited by singinerd54 on 01/09/21 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4420



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.



Such an original post Myrtle. (rolling eyes)

Thanks for the inciteful observation.


singinerd54



Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 967
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griffin with the jumpshot!!! Shocked Surprised Very Happy She should start moving forward (with Makurat and Edwards off the bench).

Someone get Muhl a three point shot; she brings a lot to the table, but the inability to score will significantly limit her.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 27350



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:
[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.



Such an original post Myrtle. (rolling eyes)

Thanks for the inciteful observation.


yw. Glad to oblige. Here's the rolling eyes you were looking for. Rolling Eyes

You have to admit it gives you something to post about.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6433
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams totally impotent and invisible, but it hasn't mattered.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 27350



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Williams totally impotent and invisible, but it hasn't mattered.


I was wondering if she is injured? or sick? Doesn't seem like herself.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
singinerd54



Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 967
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Williams totally impotent and invisible, but it hasn't mattered.


I was wondering if she is injured? or sick? Doesn't seem like herself.


The announcers didn't say anything, though we know that doesn't mean much. I assumed the lack of minutes was being in Geno's doghouse, but you may be on to something.


singinerd54



Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 967
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another positive: the free throw shooting!! Only one miss from a regular rotation player (Gabriel with the other doesn't much count in my book).


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6433
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:

Someone get Muhl a three point shot; she brings a lot to the table, but the inability to score will significantly limit her.


She needs to get any kind of shot. As it is, she's 0-2020, 0-2021, 0-America.

Edwards need to improve the sophistication of her offense beyond putbacks. Her toughness and aggression will carry her only so far.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6433
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

inciteful observation.


Nice wordplay.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 27350



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:


Edwards need to improve the sophistication of her offense beyond putbacks. Her toughness and aggression will carry her only so far.


to me, she looks a lot like Boston who everybody touts as the next best thing. Maybe Boston has a few more moves, but I don't think much range. I think it would be a fun matchup. At least in this game Edwards didn't get into foul trouble so maybe she's learning what the refs will/won't allow in terms of physicality/aggressiveness. She's just a baby and has a ways to go, but she's a good one!



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1800
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:

Someone get Muhl a three point shot; she brings a lot to the table, but the inability to score will significantly limit her.


She needs to get any kind of shot. As it is, she's 0-2020, 0-2021, 0-America.

Edwards need to improve the sophistication of her offense beyond putbacks. Her toughness and aggression will carry her only so far.


I mean, she is in her 7th game of her freshman year.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4420



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:
[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.



Such an original post Myrtle. (rolling eyes)

Thanks for the inciteful observation.


yw. Glad to oblige. Here's the rolling eyes you were looking for. Rolling Eyes

You have to admit it gives you something to post about.


I think you deserved a comment after you filled in as the "UConn snarker" for summertimeblues or some other poster with LV in their handle.

Consider that the Trees, despite their anointed conference play several Bushes every year. And UConn would have a tougher schedule if chicken coaches like Tara didn't run and hide from mean old Geno.
Very Happy


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 27350



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:
[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.



Such an original post Myrtle. (rolling eyes)

Thanks for the inciteful observation.


yw. Glad to oblige. Here's the rolling eyes you were looking for. Rolling Eyes

You have to admit it gives you something to post about.


I think you deserved a comment after you filled in as the "UConn snarker" for summertimeblues or some other poster with LV in their handle.

Consider that the Trees, despite their anointed conference play several Bushes every year. And UConn would have a tougher schedule if chicken coaches like Tara didn't run and hide from mean old Geno.
Very Happy


Very Happy no problem. We do indeed play some pretty boring games every year. We do also try to schedule some pretty decent OOC games. I don't think Tara would object to an OOC matchup with UConn. I don't think UConn likes to make West Coast trips. They could come play the trees, then the Ducks to make the trip worthwhile. Let's make it happen! We don't do East Coast trips often either unless we have seniors from the wrong side of the country...which we don't have in the moment. You all have Westbrook so maybe if she sticks around another year, you all would be welcome to come visit!



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4420



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers attempted 12 points, got fouled on 2 and made 8 of the other 10 for 23 points. That was her pattern in high school and it looked as easy today as it was then.
UConn got some nice play from Edwards and Griffin off the bench. I'm loving Edwards more every time I see her play.


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1800
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/09/21 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:
[yawn] wake me up when they play a real team...

Buffalo v CMU is much more interesting in the moment.



Such an original post Myrtle. (rolling eyes)

Thanks for the inciteful observation.


yw. Glad to oblige. Here's the rolling eyes you were looking for. Rolling Eyes

You have to admit it gives you something to post about.


I think you deserved a comment after you filled in as the "UConn snarker" for summertimeblues or some other poster with LV in their handle.

Consider that the Trees, despite their anointed conference play several Bushes every year. And UConn would have a tougher schedule if chicken coaches like Tara didn't run and hide from mean old Geno.
Very Happy


Very Happy no problem. We do indeed play some pretty boring games every year. We do also try to schedule some pretty decent OOC games. I don't think Tara would object to an OOC matchup with UConn. I don't think UConn likes to make West Coast trips. They could come play the trees, then the Ducks to make the trip worthwhile. Let's make it happen! We don't do East Coast trips often either unless we have seniors from the wrong side of the country...which we don't have in the moment. You all have Westbrook so maybe if she sticks around another year, you all would be welcome to come visit!


I think we have a trip Oregon scheduled in 2022 to play in Eugene. I assume it's a "homecoming" for Evina, but it'll be so much more than that. We don't have a very good record of playing in Maples Pavillion, but I'd love to go there for a game.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin