RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"What Is It With Men?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/10/24 6:35 pm    ::: "What Is It With Men?" Reply Reply with quote

That is the question I was asked by a good friend of mine today. I only have one theory to offer, so I wanted to see if anyone else had ideas.

She said that she has noticed an increased number of men reaching over, or around, her for things, like items on store shelves, instead of waiting for her to finish and move on. Kind of treating her like she not eve there. She has noticed in other parts of the country, as well as Indiana. Once, she was getting a fountain drink and the guy reached over her for a cup and then just stood behind her until she was finished. Was it really going to take that long to grab a cup after she finished??

She also mentioned one guy that she knows that is always kind of slapping her on the arm. It's a casual acquaintance that they have, but he seems to do it kind of as a goodbye. Kind of a "well alright, see ya." Slap.

Like I said, I am only able to come up with one idea and I'd like to see if there are others that might explain her observation..

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/12/24 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A bunch of reasons that apply to both men and women...

Good manners and consideration for others in general have been going downhill for some time.

COVID increased selfish bad behavior even more.

COVID specifically placed a prohibition on hand-shaking and hugging, and there's a lot more arm touching/tapping going on.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/13/24 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
A bunch of reasons that apply to both men and women...

Good manners and consideration for others in general have been going downhill for some time.

COVID increased selfish bad behavior even more.

COVID specifically placed a prohibition on hand-shaking and hugging, and there's a lot more arm touching/tapping going on.

Thanks. Those last two are reasons that I hadn't thought of. I still social distance people so those really weren't even on my radar.

The first one is kind of related to my theory. You've broadened it some.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: