RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Guess which team wins the 2021 Draft Lottery!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which team wins the #1 Pick?
The New York Liberty
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
The Atlanta Dream
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
The Dallas Wings
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
The Indiana Fever
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
Force10rulz



Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 1944
Location: Puget Sound


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/20 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
The whole point of the draft is to redirect talent toward bad teams who need it the most. New York is 19-71 (.211) in the last three years. How much more do you need us to suck? The Liberty absolutely deserve these high picks. And even when we’re lucky, we’ve been unlucky. Yeah, the Liberty got #1 this season and #2 last year. But Ionescu and Durr have appeared in only 21 out of a possible 78 games (26.9%). Probably whoever we draft in 2021 will also get hurt or opt out. So, NY is both bad and unlucky. All you other fans should just stop whining and thank your lucky stars that you’re not us!


You’ve had the players, I think the problem is the coaching. No matter how many #1 picks you get until you get a good coach your team will keep sucking.



_________________
Seattle Storm 3 times Champions
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3721
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/20 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
You’ve had the players, I think the problem is the coaching. No matter how many #1 picks you get until you get a good coach your team will keep sucking.


Katie Smith was a terrible coach, but she also had a very mediocre roster in both of her two seasons in New York. Did our team "have the players" this past season? Should we go over the Liberty roster after Sabrina Ionescu went down in game #3? Should we blame Walt Hopkins that he didn't win with that roster? Ridiculous.



_________________
In memory of Clifford Glover, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Eleanor Bumpurs, and too many others.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10649



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/20 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
You’ve had the players, I think the problem is the coaching. No matter how many #1 picks you get until you get a good coach your team will keep sucking.


Katie Smith was a terrible coach, but she also had a very mediocre roster in both of her two seasons in New York. Did our team "have the players" this past season? Should we go over the Liberty roster after Sabrina Ionescu went down in game #3? Should we blame Walt Hopkins that he didn't win with that roster? Ridiculous.


New York was awful last year ... the talent level was reflective of the record.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3721
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/20 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
You’ve had the players, I think the problem is the coaching. No matter how many #1 picks you get until you get a good coach your team will keep sucking.


Katie Smith was a terrible coach, but she also had a very mediocre roster in both of her two seasons in New York. Did our team "have the players" this past season? Should we go over the Liberty roster after Sabrina Ionescu went down in game #3? Should we blame Walt Hopkins that he didn't win with that roster? Ridiculous.


New York was awful last year ... the talent level was reflective of the record.


Exactly. Sabrina remaining healthy would have helped, but it still would have been a weak roster.



_________________
In memory of Clifford Glover, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Eleanor Bumpurs, and too many others.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin