RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Donna Orender Says Her Favorite Team is... Seattle!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/16/05 2:22 am    ::: Donna Orender Says Her Favorite Team is... Seattle! Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Question: Are you a regular follower of the WNBA, what’s your favorite team?

Orender: I love what Sue Bird and her teammates on the Storm did last year, they took Seattle by storm. So, I would probably say at this point in my time, that would be my favorite.

What do you know, I also like what Sue and her teammate did last year Wink

Someone from New York likes Seattle? Shocked Impossible! Wink

Quote:
Question: Did Blaze light you up for 52 or is she exaggerating?

Orender: I thought it was 53, which is the all-time record at Madison Square Garden.

Blaze should put that factoid on her Liberty Letterhead Idea

Quote:
Bad Answer, Good Answer Razz
Guess which one is which... Arrow

Question: What do you feel the number one asset of the WNBA is and what do you feel you may have to improve upon the most?

Orender: The number one asset of any sport, especially here, is the value of these athletes. These women are phenomenal, they are extraordinary in their commitment to their sport, the way they play the game and their passion for it. Not only their passion for sport, but their passion for life and desire to be role models and leaders in their community. And, I think more people need to understand their incredible value and what they bring to the marketplace, not only as pure entertainment, but as great social citizens of each and every city they participate in.

DJS: And if I can set the bar just a little bit higher for Donna, one of the things we are talking about is that at a time when women are demonstrating their role model status and it is a time when the basketball quality has gotten so high and it is a time that the college game has subtly been developing powers which weren’t previously involved in the most elite programs because more young women are playing the game because they are following their role models. We have to connect that to the awakening of corporate America that is now understanding for many, many products that women are now accounting for 80% of decision making with respect to purchases. So we think not only do we have the iconic brand for young women to focus on as they grow and set their sights on how they would like to develop and have the opportunity for professional sports, but now there is a huge opportunity in respect to corporate America. And I think that it is about to seriously take off and that is why I am so excited about having somebody with Donna’s background and demonstrated expertise in marketing and television.

http://www.wnba.com/news/orender_call_transcript_050215.html

So tell me again why David Stern shouldn't be running the league? Anyone? Razz

Last edited by Admiral_Needa on 02/16/05 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/16/05 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I am excited about her background, I am not excited about her donations to the Bush campaign.

But this is the worst:

Quote:
Orender: My favorite teammate of all time is Annie Meyers, who joined us right after she had played at the Indiana franchise.

I guess her experience with television contracts will not include trying to get networks to pick different color commentators who actually contribute to the broadcasts.

And Admiral, it looks as if David Stern still has compete control:

Quote:
Question: Can you talk about the terms of contract, and was there any hesitation about leaving the PGA?

DJS: Donna, if you answer the first part of the question, you are the first CEO in this office whoever responded to any such thing, so play it safe and tell her about how you feel about leaving the PGA Tour.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: