RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Southern Miss Coach Joye Lee-McNellis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/09/21 7:51 pm    ::: Southern Miss Coach Joye Lee-McNellis Reply Reply with quote

Lee-McNellis announced she has Stage 4 Lung Cancer. That doesn't sound very good unfortunately Sad.

She's been at her alma mater since 2004 and before that had coached at Memphis from 1991-2004. I remember her from her years at Memphis when she had some great teams there in the 1990's with players like LaTonya Johnson and Tamika Whitmore.

Article about it - https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/sports/2021/01/09/southern-miss-womens-basketball-coach-joye-lee-mcnelis-announces-she-has-stage-4-lung-cancer/6612133002/

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 01/10/21 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm truly sorry to hear this news. I lost a family member to cancer that started in the lungs and it was just horrible.
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/10/21 8:38 am    ::: Re: Southern Miss Coach Joye Lee-McNellis Reply Reply with quote

Oh my, that article was tough to read. How awful for her. Thoughts and prayers to her and her team.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/10/21 9:21 am    ::: Re: Southern Miss Coach Joye Lee-McNellis Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Oh my, that article was tough to read. How awful for her. Thoughts and prayers to her and her team.

Yes when I read the article - my heart sank Sad. Yes that has to be very hard for the team and thoughts and prayers to her and her family also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: