RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Covid Cancellations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/02/20 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
It remains to be seen what will happen for Stanford and San Jose State with new restrictions Santa Clara County put in place starting Monday and going for 3 weeks that ban all professional, collegiate and high school sports:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/28/santa-clara-county-to-release-new-covid-19-restrictions-on-heels-of-san-francisco/

From Hoopfeed.com:

Official statement from Stanford: "Stanford Athletics is aware of today’s announcement by Santa Clara County and remains in close communication with University and County officials at this time on appropriate next steps. Further details will be provided as they become available."

The 49ers will probably end up in Vegas or Arizona. I'm hoping the Dec 5th SJ State football game comes to Aloha Stadium in Honolulu Smile Hawaii just beat undefeated Nevada a couple of hours ago Smile

The S.F. 49ers will be playing their "home" games in Glendale, AZ, where the Arizona Cardinals play. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 12/02/20 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are 13 games listed as cancelled or postponed on ESPN’s Div 1 scoring page today.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/03/20 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
There are 13 games listed as cancelled or postponed on ESPN’s Div 1 scoring page today.

A week or 2 ago there were 15 college football games on that list as well. I believe that represented nearly 25%of teams were sitting at home due to covid, either on their team or their opponent. Such is the pandemic world we are currently living in.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/03/20 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ECAC men's hockey has had 8 of its 12 schools pull out of the season and is apparently going to try to go on with the remaining 4 teams.

https://dailygazette.com/2020/11/19/ecac-hockey-will-play-with-four-teams/

Hockey East has had postponements of both women's and men's games due to various teams testing positive or schools putting their teams on hold due to exposures.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/04/20 2:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting choice by Stanford to cancel their Pac 12 games but play a game in Las Vegas instead. I realize they weren't able to play at home but I'm sure they could have found a suitable venue in the Bay Area outside of Santa Clara County. Maybe it had to do with practicing as well as the games.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/04/20 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Interesting choice by Stanford to cancel their Pac 12 games but play a game in Las Vegas instead. I realize they weren't able to play at home but I'm sure they could have found a suitable venue in the Bay Area outside of Santa Clara County. Maybe it had to do with practicing as well as the games.

They're playing the Washington schools there as well. https://gostanford.com/news/2020/12/4/womens-basketball-schedule-updates.aspx

They couldn't go outside Santa Clara County to play or practice w/o quarantining on return. So it makes sense to go someplace where they can basically settle in. It's the Lindy LaRoc connection...

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/04/20 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prairie View A&M has canceled their game at Marquette on 12/11 due to Covid. I saw a tweet saying Marquette is looking for another game to replace it.

Xavier-Creighton was canceled due to Covid today and the cancellation announcement came close to game time - looks like it's a Covid case for Xavier as Creighton is staying on the road to play Butler in Indy on Sunday - https://gocreighton.com/news/2020/12/4/womens-basketball-game-at-xavier-postponed.aspx

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 12/04/20 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

They're playing the Washington schools there as well. https://gostanford.com/news/2020/12/4/womens-basketball-schedule-updates.aspx

They couldn't go outside Santa Clara County to play or practice w/o quarantining on return. So it makes sense to go someplace where they can basically settle in. It's the Lindy LaRoc connection...

Sounds like WSU doesn’t have enough players...their game with Cal postponed. https://calbears.com/news/2020/12/4/womens-basketball-vs-washington-state-has-been-postponed.aspx

BERKELEY - California women's basketball's Sunday matchup versus Washington State has been postponed as Washington State does not have the minimum number of scholarship student-athletes (7) available for the games due to COVID-19 protocol and associated contact tracing.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 12/04/20 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not only the Cal-Washington St game, the Stanford - Washington St game which was moved to Las Vegas is also postponed.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/04/20 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

sounds like the whole Bay Area is now going into lockdown. I don't know if it includes athletics in the other counties though. Haven't heard anything about the game at Cal next week yet. This is really crazy. I just hope we can get thru it and out the other side as soon as possible.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/05/20 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Prairie View A&M has canceled their game at Marquette on 12/11 due to Covid. I saw a tweet saying Marquette is looking for another game to replace it.

Xavier-Creighton was canceled due to Covid today and the cancellation announcement came close to game time - looks like it's a Covid case for Xavier as Creighton is staying on the road to play Butler in Indy on Sunday - https://gocreighton.com/news/2020/12/4/womens-basketball-game-at-xavier-postponed.aspx

Xavier has also postponed their game vs. DePaul on Sunday due to Covid protocols: https://depaulbluedemons.com/news/2020/12/5/sundays-depaul-xavier-womens-basketball-game-postponed.aspx

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/07/20 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette had their Friday home game vs. Prairie View A&M canceled and Cincinnati had their game vs. Xavier canceled Thursday both due to Covid. Now Marquette will travel to Cincinnati to play them Thursday afternoon. It's weird to see the two teams haven't played since 2013 as they were in the same league for awhile and used to play each other regularly.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 12/09/20 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both South Carolina BB programs had escaped any major schedule disruptions up until now, but today the MBB had to cancel their next game Thursday as they pause team activities due to a positive Covid-19 test. Unless they get negative results soon afterward, their next game Saturday could also be in jeopardy.

Haven't heard anything about the WBB program, or if it was impacted by this. Their next game won't be until Thursday next week anyways...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/09/20 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU men have had to cancel some games because they've had a couple of positive tests. The women have so far escaped.

PostPosted: 12/10/20 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Butler at UConn 12/15 postponed- Butler covid

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/10/20 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:

Butler also canceled their game at Indiana on 12/12 and at Creighton on 12/19. They anticipate being able to return to action to host Evansville on 12/22.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/10/20 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

Butler also canceled their game at Indiana on 12/12 and at Creighton on 12/19. They anticipate being able to return to action to host Evansville on 12/22.

This makes me worried for the Michigan players and staff since they just hosted Butler yesterday...

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/10/20 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:

This makes me worried for the Michigan players and staff since they just hosted Butler yesterday...

I hope Michigan isn't impacted.

It suddenly dawned on me that it was odd that Butler and Creighton had already played and were scheduled to play again on 12/19 especially as the Big East has only announced 4 league games so far. So I went back and checked and sure enough the Dec. 6th game the two teams played at Butler was part of a Covid shuffle of games - Creighton was originally supposed to play Georgetown that day but they were shut down due to Covid.

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 12/11/20 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio's head coach Bob Boldon this morning announced through the team's Twitter account that he tested positive for COVID-19 last week. Ohio is still scheduled to play at Kent State at 2:00 PM today. The game is a makeup of a game that was postponed for unannounced reasons on December 5. Assistant Tavares Jackson will coach today's game.

PostPosted: 12/11/20 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville is on a pause now due to Covid - they wiill for sure miss their next game against North Carolina and it's undetermined when they'll resume playing:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2020/12/11/louisville-womens-basketball-covid-19-pauses-activities-cardinals/6515085002/

The Big East shuffled around some games due to Covid:

Seton Hall-UCONN has its date changed and Creighton adds games at UCONN and at Villanova:

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2020/12/11/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-announces-schedule-changes.aspx

The Big East also has still only announced the first 4 league games for schools - they've yet to announce any game dates beyond December 22nd.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/11/20 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Louisville is on a pause now due to Covid - they wiill for sure miss their next game against North Carolina and it's undetermined when they'll resume playing:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2020/12/11/louisville-womens-basketball-covid-19-pauses-activities-cardinals/6515085002/

The Big East shuffled around some games due to Covid:

Seton Hall-UCONN has its date changed and Creighton adds games at UCONN and at Villanova:

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2020/12/11/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-announces-schedule-changes.aspx

The Big East also has still only announced the first 4 league games for schools - they've yet to announce any game dates beyond December 22nd.

I think half of the BE teams have had to pause, postpone, or cancel games so far because of positive tests, which has obviously impacted the others. The league may have to schedule games on a biweekly basis or something, particularly after New Years.

taropatch

PostPosted: 12/12/20 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is not basketball related, but the Big West (Hawaii + California schools) cancelled volleyball, soccer and track in the spring. Some conferences in the country like the Big12 did volleyball but some are waiting to play in the spring. The Rainbow Wahine, the only volleyball program in the nation that runs in the black is shut out. Hawaii football is part of the Mountain West (in case you are confused). Big West basketball goes on and actually started for Hawaii this week. Feel bad for these volleyball athletes who trained so hard the last 6 weeks. Makes a lot of sense. Crying or Very sad

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/12/20 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:

Louisville tested positive the day after playing at Duke. Waiting for the other shoe to drop there.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/13/20 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Louisville tested positive the day after playing at Duke. Waiting for the other shoe to drop there.

The shoe has dropped. Duke-Miami game cancelled due to Louisville's COVID positive case.

~rAf
ucbart

PostPosted: 12/13/20 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

The shoe has dropped. Duke-Miami game cancelled due to Louisville's COVID positive case.

This season is just going to be a giant game of Tetris. As a person in the restaurant business, whose life is like this on a daily basis, I adapt well. Every day of my life is done "on the fly," much like this season.

I think weathering the storm of cancellations and postponements now is important and I'm hoping by February-March time frame, things will settle in a bit. All the experts seem to be saying that by mid-February, we should be on the upswing from the pandemic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: