RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Men's Tourney in one place, Women's to follow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 11/16/20 1:49 pm    ::: Men's Tourney in one place, Women's to follow? Reply Reply with quote

From NCAA.com

INDIANAPOLIS — The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee announced today the relocation of 13 predetermined preliminary round sites for the 2021 Division I Men’s Basketball Championship.

In recent weeks, the Division I Men’s Basketball Committee has engaged in a thorough contingency planning process to determine the most effective way to conduct a safe and healthy March Madness for all participants for the 2021 championship. Through these discussions, it became apparent to the committee that conducting the championship at 13 preliminary round sites spread throughout the country would be very difficult to execute in the current pandemic environment. The committee has decided the championship should be held in a single geographic area to enhance the safety and well-being of the event.

As a result, NCAA staff are in preliminary talks with the State of Indiana and the city of Indianapolis to potentially host the 68-team tournament around the metropolitan area during the coordinated dates in March and April.  Indianapolis was already slated to host the Men’s Final Four from April 3-5, 2021.  

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/16/20 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just saw that and wondered the same thing. I'm wondering if they may decide to play one tournament after the other. Or, seeing as the women's event doesn't bring in nearly the same revenue as the men's, do they do it in smaller venues?

SDHoops

PostPosted: 11/16/20 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
I just saw that and wondered the same thing. I'm wondering if they may decide to play one tournament after the other. Or, seeing as the women's event doesn't bring in nearly the same revenue as the men's, do they do it in smaller venues?

Fort Wayne for women's! Indy for men's! One can dream, right?

NFL1

PostPosted: 11/20/20 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:

I really hope we get to still go somewhere south if fans are allowed...if not, they can play anywhere... how about the bubble where the WNBA played for the tourney?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: