RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pence v. Harris
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will do what?
Kamala kicks azz, taking no prisoners
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Pence pulverizes Mamala
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Both give enlightened responses to delightful questions
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Other: (explain, please)
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

Howee

PostPosted: 10/07/20 6:45 pm    ::: Pence v. Harris Reply Reply with quote

What say ye? Cool

PostPosted: 10/07/20 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Other: both deliver rehearsed talking points. Harris can have the stern commanding voice of a former prosecutor so has an advantage over Pence in attacks just on the vibe. Pence sounds like a middle manager of a soup company who also teaches Sunday School.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/07/20 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He's a middleweight while she barely qualifies for lightweight. Should be a mismatch.

PostPosted: 10/07/20 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
He's a middleweight while she barely qualifies for lightweight. Should be a mismatch.

You DO realize it's not an actual boxing match....right?? Razz

If your reference is to debating skills, I'd think Kamala's got quite an edge on him. I hope there's a BIT more discussion of policy/future plans in this one than there was in the last....which is a pretty low bar.

PostPosted: 10/07/20 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Voted other. Pence will all but allow Harris to dominate him/the discussion, so that Harris can get attacked by enough mainstream media (not just Fox) for being too "sharp" or "harsh" or "angry". Or she'll overcompensate and be easygoing and get attacked for "not going after him enough" ("him" being either the VP or the Prez). She's the first woman of color on this big of a debate stage, and there's already a clear double-standard between the two parties (and the Democrats sure don't have the lower one!). Not to be so pessimistic, but this is lowkey a lose-lose scenario for Harris imo. Pence isn't going to "pulverize" her; he's just gonna let it all happen and get to declare a W no matter what transpires during the debate. Rolling Eyes

Still, I hope Kamala appeals to those utterly naive undecided voters. She's going to say stuff like "the American people are smart/smarter" as she does, and I totally get why she says it and it's good that she does. But honestly those of us voting for Biden aka voting for democracy know that, between all the Trump voters and all the undecided voters and all the 3rd-party voters and all the non-voters: the American people are dumb as fucking shit. Crying or Very sad

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/07/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn!!

Did anyone else see that look that Pence just gave Kamala???

That was a look of disgust and hate!!!!!!!

And Kamala looks like she's ready to laugh at Pence! Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 10/07/20 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope there is something that they are supposed to look at to see their time elapsing. It doesn't make sense for the moderator to interrupt them without warning with "thank you ...... " otherwise.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/07/20 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I hope there is something that they are supposed to look at to see their time elapsing. It doesn't make sense for the moderator to interrupt them without warning with "thank you ...... " otherwise.

Pence doesn't listen to her much better than Trump listened to Mike Wallace!!

Moderator gives Pence 15 seconds to respond and then lets him talk for 50 seconds!!! WTF?????

Gives him 2:00 and lets him talk for 2:15.

FINALLY!!! Page gets a bit of a backbone and TRIES to shut him up! He is such a little prick. With a big fly on his head!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 10/07/20 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
craigmont

PostPosted: 10/07/20 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's so refreshing to get back to a traditional debate, where both sides go through their talking points, nothing is learned, and no minds are changed! Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/07/20 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yup basically a tie no one's mind is going to be changed by that

Image-wise

Pence looks and sounds conservative and old fashion

Harris comes across in contrast as liberal and modern

which is basically what they are so, yeah, no big deal

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/07/20 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They also both did that thing that I think actual people find insufferable that politicians do "Thank you so much for the question, now I am going to say exactly what I want and ignore the question completely".

Pence did the very male thing of just talking over the clock and the women, and Kamala must have made at least 15 meme faces while Pence was talking.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/07/20 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
They also both did that thing that I think actual people find insufferable that politicians do "Thank you so much for the question, now I am going to say exactly what I want and ignore the question completely".

Pence did that it seemed like every time! Way more than Kamala did. It seemed like she went to that tactic later in the debate.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/07/20 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meh.

I couldn't believe Kamala the Fighter let Penice get away with some wide-open chances for her to land some good punches. Rolling Eyes

For example:
No LESS than twice did he NOT directly answer the question; one was the question re: how might he envision Indiana's future on abortion if Roe is overturned (he said nothing related), and when he was asked to explain his/45's plan to compensate for abolishing the *pre-existing conditions* clause in health care. Zip. Nada!

THEN...he accuses her of not answering some question (packing the scotus), and she let that shit slip without a well-earned "WTF??".

Other than that, it proved/revealed nothing. Oh, well. I'd give it a half of a 'thumb up' for entertainment value. Also a bit torqued that there were NO questions re: lgbtq concerns. Mighta been nice to see Mikey squirm, hehe. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/07/20 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Turns out a flyweight won the night...

#NATC

PostPosted: 10/07/20 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't watch it but evidently the star of the debate was a fly? And it now has > 50 twitter accounts.

PostPosted: 10/07/20 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Proof that flies are attracted to shit

sorry too easy

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/07/20 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Proof that flies are attracted to shit

sorry too easy

The fact that it happened was all too poetic.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/07/20 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dems having some fun with it Laughing

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1314031047013732352

Also, new merch
https://store.joebiden.com/truth-over-flies-fly-swatter/

PostPosted: 10/08/20 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Voted other ... she'll overcompensate and be easygoing and get attacked for "not going after him enough" ("him" being either the VP or the Prez).

And so it was Door #2. And I'd agree with some of those mainstream analysts in that she really could've just thrown punches period, as she threw basically none compared to how many punches she threw throughout the Dem debates. Although I will say – she wasn't performing the way she was for those of us that wanted her to be animated and go after an easy target; we're already voting for the ticket with her name on it. She was reaching out to those undecided voters who didn't want to see another remotely chaotic debate, and as such kept herself very smooth and orderly even when her fellow debater didn't. She was politically evasive on some questions, which could be problematic if more people honed in on what she was saying when Pence was being a total tool & a big turn-off. But then again, those very people are probably not smart enough to think critically about what any politician is saying when they are answering a question with a non-answer. Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 10/08/20 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The VP debate is the biggest non-event of every election. Even the things that get remembered (Sarah Palin's wink, James Stockdale's hearing aid, "You, senator, are no Jack Kennedy") have no impact on the election.

PostPosted: 10/08/20 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/08/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Razz

PostPosted: 10/08/20 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:

OMG, that's funny!!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/08/20 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now there's a bobblehead!!!!!!!! With a flyswatter!! 🤣

https://www.wane.com/news/mike-pence-fly-bobblehead-unveiled/

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/09/20 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This VP debate was the second-most watched VP debate in history, only bested by the infamous Biden v Palin debate back in 2008. Including this one, the Top 3 have all featured one female VP candidate. And this year’s VP debate could also be unique in that it still could be the last debate we see until Election Night, since the second Presidential debate won’t happen now and the third one is still somewhat up in the air.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: