RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2022 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 57249



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/15/21 10:21 pm    ::: 2022 WNBA Mock Draft Reply Reply with quote

My personal Top 3

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7IuZ-Bpr_Yk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nvTaQr8yEOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/noEjPceELOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Notable draft eligible underclassmen
Kierstan Bell, Florida Gulf Coast
Ayoka Lee, Kansas State
Sedona Prince, Oregon
Nyara Sabally, Oregon



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 04/16/21 11:49 am; edited 3 times in total
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 1060
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/15/21 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Granted, I don't know much about the WNBA yet, and I love the player I'm about to question, but ...

I don't see how Naz makes it given her lack of size and versatility. From those two vantage points she seems, to me, even more poorly suited to the league than Gustafson.


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 6192



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/15/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't take seriously just playing around

1. Indy Howard
2. Dallas Smith
3. Conn Cunane
4. Atl Hillmon
5. NY Austin
6. Minn (via PX) Prince
7. Dallas (via LA) Carter
8. Seattle Joens
9. Chi Burrell
10. Wash Hull
11. Minn Westbrook
12. LV Egbo


Milks26



Joined: 25 Mar 2021
Posts: 371



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/15/21 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard #1 for sure.




Collier went early to beat her to the spot


blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 4065
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/15/21 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who are potential early entrants?


PickledGinger



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 1010



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Who are potential early entrants?


Can we please not?



_________________
"Life is chaos. Success is completely arbitrary. Confidence is everything." - Gina Linetti
PickledGinger



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 1010



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
I don't see how Naz makes it given her lack of size and versatility. From those two vantage points she seems, to me, even more poorly suited to the league than Gustafson.


You're not wrong, versatility is a premium in the W. For the same reasons I'm inclined to think that NaLyssa Smith might also be a bit overrated at this point. Austin, Cunane and Joens all have wider skill-sets and more long-term potential, IMO.

Here's my Top 12 regardless of draft order:
1. Rhyne Howard
2. Shakira Austin
3. Elissa Cunane
4. Ashley Joens
5. NaLyssa Smith
6. Rae Burrell
7. Lexie Hull
8. Christyn Williams
9. Jessika Carter
10. Evina Westbrook
11. Dorka Juhasz
12. Naz Hillmon
*13. Veronica Burton



_________________
"Life is chaos. Success is completely arbitrary. Confidence is everything." - Gina Linetti


Last edited by PickledGinger on 04/16/21 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 1060
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
I don't see how Naz makes it given her lack of size and versatility. From those two vantage points she seems, to me, even more poorly suited to the league than Gustafson.


You're not wrong, versatility is a premium in the W. For the same reasons I'm inclined to think that NaLyssa Smith might also be a bit overrated at this point. Austin, Cunane and Joens all have wider skill-sets and more long-term potential, IMO.

Here's my Top 12 regardless of draft order:
1. Rhyne Howard
2. Shakira Austin
3. Elissa Cunane
4. Ashley Joens
5. NaLyssa Smith
6. Rae Burrell
7. Lexie Hull
8. Jessika Carter
9. Evina Westbrook
10. Dorka Juhasz
11. Naz Hillmon
12. Veronica Burton


Re: C/PFs -- I see you also have Juhasz and Carter higher than Hillmon on your list. (I don't disagree).

No love for Christyn Williams or Olivia Nelson-Ododa? Also, do you think Grace Berger stands a chance if she can develop an outside shot? (I know that's a big 'if.')


PickledGinger



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 1010



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Re: C/PFs -- I see you also have Juhasz and Carter higher than Hillmon on your list. (I don't disagree).

No love for Christyn Williams or Olivia Nelson-Ododa? Also, do you think Grace Berger stands a chance if she can develop an outside shot? (I know that's a big 'if.')


Oops...edited her out accidentally. It's been corrected. Ododa is way too soft to last in the W, tho. Berger was actually the last player cut. Burton's combination of defense and shooting gave her a very slight edge; but despite the lack of an outside shot - which she absolutely has the mid-range form to improve upon - Berger's all-around game gives me some Katie Douglas vibes.



_________________
"Life is chaos. Success is completely arbitrary. Confidence is everything." - Gina Linetti
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 57249



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 3:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Who are potential early entrants?


Ayoka Lee, Sedona Prince, and Nyara Sabally are who I’ve spotted so far. Haven’t found the birthdate for Ashley Owusu yet. She’d be a big one for me.

My eagle eye spotted something about Sabally.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0qLq1l-SrDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26



Joined: 25 Mar 2021
Posts: 371



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Destiny Henderson out of SC will be in the 1st round


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 2118
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Re: C/PFs -- I see you also have Juhasz and Carter higher than Hillmon on your list. (I don't disagree).

No love for Christyn Williams or Olivia Nelson-Ododa? Also, do you think Grace Berger stands a chance if she can develop an outside shot? (I know that's a big 'if.')


Oops...edited her out accidentally. It's been corrected. Ododa is way too soft to last in the W, tho. Berger was actually the last player cut. Burton's combination of defense and shooting gave her a very slight edge; but despite the lack of an outside shot - which she absolutely has the mid-range form to improve upon - Berger's all-around game gives me some Katie Douglas vibes.


I'm a UCONN homer, but I actually think Christyn will be a much better pro than a college player, especially if she develops a more consistent jump shot over the course of the next year. I do agree with you on ONO, however. I think she might be a 3rd round pick, maybe.


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 2118
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
I don't see how Naz makes it given her lack of size and versatility. From those two vantage points she seems, to me, even more poorly suited to the league than Gustafson.


You're not wrong, versatility is a premium in the W. For the same reasons I'm inclined to think that NaLyssa Smith might also be a bit overrated at this point. Austin, Cunane and Joens all have wider skill-sets and more long-term potential, IMO.

Here's my Top 12 regardless of draft order:
1. Rhyne Howard
2. Shakira Austin
3. Elissa Cunane
4. Ashley Joens
5. NaLyssa Smith
6. Rae Burrell
7. Lexie Hull
8. Christyn Williams
9. Jessika Carter
10. Evina Westbrook
11. Dorka Juhasz
12. Naz Hillmon
*13. Veronica Burton


On Rhyne Howard-she clearly has talent. But her body language, on court demeanor, and attitude are a bit of a red flag to me. For lack of a better word, she seems like a brat.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 57249



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Destiny Henderson out of SC will be in the 1st round


Was it the 12.2 ppg this season for you?
Guirantes was at 21.3 ppg this season.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26



Joined: 25 Mar 2021
Posts: 371



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Destiny Henderson out of SC will be in the 1st round


Was it the 12.2 ppg this season for you?
Guirantes was at 21.3 ppg this season.


Stand back and stand by.


undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 1060
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would Kierstan Bell with a birthday of March 16, 2000 be eligible?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 57249



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/21 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Would Kierstan Bell with a birthday of March 16, 2000 be eligible?


She’s the reigning Becky Hammon Mid-major Player of the Year. Gotta add her to the list.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 57249



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/17/21 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The top 15 2022 WNBA Draft prospects, from Rhyne Howard to Cate Reese

The Athletic’s early take by Lyndsey D'Arcangelo Apr 16, 2021

These are my comments. Go to the link for her comments and stats of the players.

1. Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
6-2 | Guard

Potential to be one of the best ever. Just needs Maya’s competitive heart.


2. Naz Hillmon, Michigan
6-2 | Forward

She has Maya’s competitive heart. Also has Maya’s strong pro build. A three point shot would be nice.


3. NaLyssa Smith, Baylor
6-2 | Forward

She really stepped during the second half of this season. If she can keep that momentum going throughout next season, that should be her ticket to the lottery.


4. Elissa Cunane, NC State
6-5 | Center

She can hit the three, but she’s very low volume. Not the strongest rebounder for size. Only about a block per game. I’d put her in the bottom half of first for now.


5. Ashley Joens, Iowa State
6-0 | Forward

Comes from the same school that Bridget Carleton went to and similar games. They both won the Cheryl Miller award for best SF in the nation, except Joens win as a junior. I noticed she likes to post up players, but her dribble is slow and high. I don’t think that’ll fly at the next level. Bottom half first round.


6. Christyn Williams, UConn
5-11 | Guard

UConn could be the best team next year, so Williams will benefit from that hype. I don’t think her minutes will be hurt with the addition of Fudd. Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s the first guard taken in this draft. 5-11? No way.


7. Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
5-7 | Guard

I’m not a fan of small guards in general, but I liked what I saw when MTSU played Tennessee. High energy player similar to McDonald. We’ll see what happens when she plays for Mississippi St.


8. Rae Burrell, Tennessee
6-1 | Guard/Forward

Pretty sure this was her first year as a starter, so I’m tempering my expectations next season. Keeping her out of the first round until she proves otherwise.


9. Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
6-5 | Forward/Center

I didn’t watch a lot of Mississippi St. They had a disappointing season. Might watch them more now that Hayes is on the same team.


10. Olivia Nelson-Ododa, UConn
6-5 | Forward

Before this season, I thought maybe she’d be top half of this draft, but really needs to step up for that to happen.


11. Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
5-7 | Guard

Getting kinda of tired of small guards. If Evans goes second round in 2021, I’m putting Henderson in the second in this one.


12. Queen Egbo, Baylor
6-3 | Center

She’s another Baylor player that stepped up when Baylor needed her. I like her in the first round for now.

13. Lexie Hull, Stanford
6-0 | Guard

I like her as a possible WNBA player if she takes advantage of an opening. How about you, Myrtle? Maybe she’ll be the go-to guard with Williams gone.

14. Evina Westbrook, UConn
6-0 | Guard

I thought she could have been close to a first round pick in this year’s draft. Now everything rides on where she fits in with UConn with Fudd there.

15. Cate Reese, Arizona
6-2 | Forward

Don’t know much about her. I’ll keep an eye on her... maybe.


Leaving Shakira Austin off the list is a huge oversight. I tentatively place her at #4 in this draft.

I’m curious if Staiti will up her game next season.


Wouldn’t be a bad time to add a couple teams before the 2022 season, but not sure how realistic that would be.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 04/19/21 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 29146



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/17/21 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:




13. Lexie Hull, Stanford
6-0 | Guard

I like her as a possible WNBA player if she takes advantage of an opening. How about you, Myrtle? Maybe she’ll be the go-to guard with Williams gone.


Next year, for better or worse, it will likely be Haley Jones' team. Lexie will continue to do what she does. She is a really strong two way wing. She's big and strong, she can score in a variety of ways, is smart and very team-oriented and she defends really well. Her ball handling is not her best asset so she wouldn't become a PG. Of course I'm prejudiced, but would definitely be surprised if she went this low, even in a strong draft.

PS the link is a pay for article so not generally accessible so I don't know what they had to say about her.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 11043



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/17/21 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As the saying goes, it's not you, it's me ...

Once again, I am underwhelmed by the talent in the draft. It's better than this year, but that's a pretty low bar. (If Cate Reese is even being considered for the first round, that's a big red flag. Nice college post ...)



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 1060
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/17/21 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been wondering if Mya Hollingshed could go in the first round potentially.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 57249



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/17/21 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
I've been wondering if Mya Hollingshed could go in the first round potentially.


Nobody had her in the first round this year if she declared, so she’d have to have a killer season. Not seeing it.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/18/21 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:




13. Lexie Hull, Stanford
6-0 | Guard

I like her as a possible WNBA player if she takes advantage of an opening. How about you, Myrtle? Maybe she’ll be the go-to guard with Williams gone.


Next year, for better or worse, it will likely be Haley Jones' team. Lexie will continue to do what she does. She is a really strong two way wing. She's big and strong, she can score in a variety of ways, is smart and very team-oriented and she defends really well. Her ball handling is not her best asset so she wouldn't become a PG. Of course I'm prejudiced, but would definitely be surprised if she went this low, even in a strong draft.


I see Hull as the next 2-3 tweener iteration of Karlie Samuelson – albeit more well-rounded as a player than her: not physical/strong enough to play & guard the 3, not a good enough ballhandler nor quick enough defensively to play & guard the 2. Not to mention: she didn't even shoot 40% from the field this season. She'll have to step herself up a lot in the next season if she wants to get drafted in a good position. Kiana Williams' skill set will translate much better than Lexie Hull's – and in a Draft that'll have been weaker than the next one, Williams still only got picked in the middle of the 2nd round.



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 11043



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/18/21 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As for Lexie Hull, all she does is win ...

She was the key player on her high school team (Central Valley WA) that came out of nowhere to beat much more highly touted teams in the GEICO event, and wound up No. 1 in the nation.

And now with Stanford ...

Is she the perfect player? No, but someone who defend anywhere on the perimeter, has a high basketball IQ, can make open threes and rises to the challenge in big moments might find a home in someone's rotation.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 22211



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/18/21 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.lines.com/wnba/drafts



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin