Total Votes : 38

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I picked Seattle to win with 92 points! Mr. Green

Unfortunately, I picked Las Vegas to get 83, Laughing 59 wasn't even close, lol

So, almost a sweep in fantasy... Razz

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh well, this went over like a wet fart, the last time I tried it, but I'm going to give it another go. Let's see if anybody else joins along this time, or even gets what I'm doing:

Korie Hlede ain't walking through that door! #PitinoGame

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
re McBride. I thought in Plum's year one, McBride was pretty snotty toward her on the floor. Like ignoring her if she (Plum) were open. But by year two Plum won her over and she learned that Plum could actually make her better so I think the two of them starting playing well off each other. This year McBride is back on her own. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.

Yeah, Loyd is more athletic/dynamic, but both of them are totally inconsistent. Seattle just has way more pieces to make up for Loyd when she is stinking it up than Vegas has when McBride stinks.

Loyd has been pretty consistent this season. She just has more ways to score then McBRide and has really improved her defense

well, if you look at her points output, she really hasn't been that consistent:
regular season: 14,9,5,17,12,20,20,10,20, 12,11,14,35,3, 9, 12, 13, 25, 15, 23, 10, 30. That's not exactly the model of consistency.

She is definitely a better defender than McBride.

She shot a career high 44,3% from the field and a career high 39% from 3. So yeah i call that pretty consistent.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Piph got her ring. Crying or Very sad

So happy for her! Sad for Angel! I was hoping Vegas would at least get 1.

Hmmm what's the deal with not interviewing the coach?! Confused Klop held down the fort well!

Congrats Seattle!!!

Somehow it feels a little anti-climatic, but this year has just been weird for so many reasons! We went from not knowing if we would have a season to even us not being too sure about this bubble idea to a full season that went from start to finish in the blink of an eye! So proud of the ladies for standing for justice and equality! I definitely will miss the W and pray they can play wubble free next year!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="WfanFrJmp"]
mavcarter wrote:
Hmmm what's the deal with not interviewing the coach?! Confused Klop held down the fort well!

I think they had technical difficulties... As a user of Zoom... I believe it lol Twisted Evil

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 10/06/20 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Admiral_Needa"]
WfanFrJmp wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I think they had technical difficulties... As a user of Zoom... I believe it lol Twisted Evil

Laughing I hear you!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/06/20 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
re McBride. I thought in Plum's year one, McBride was pretty snotty toward her on the floor. Like ignoring her if she (Plum) were open. But by year two Plum won her over and she learned that Plum could actually make her better so I think the two of them starting playing well off each other. This year McBride is back on her own. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.

Yeah, Loyd is more athletic/dynamic, but both of them are totally inconsistent. Seattle just has way more pieces to make up for Loyd when she is stinking it up than Vegas has when McBride stinks.

Loyd has been pretty consistent this season. She just has more ways to score then McBRide and has really improved her defense

well, if you look at her points output, she really hasn't been that consistent:
regular season: 14,9,5,17,12,20,20,10,20, 12,11,14,35,3, 9, 12, 13, 25, 15, 23, 10, 30. That's not exactly the model of consistency.

She is definitely a better defender than McBride.

She shot a career high 44,3% from the field and a career high 39% from 3. So yeah i call that pretty consistent.

Compared to past seasons I’d say she was consistent as well. Those numbers above only have 4 games of 22 not in double figures playing every other day.

PostPosted: 10/06/20 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 33 point margin in Game 3 is equal to Storm's margin of victory in the entire series against Minnesota

PostPosted: 10/06/20 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Angel makes her teammates better" lol k with all of her zero wins in the finals

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 10/07/20 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Even as a Storm supporter this feels like a sad way for the season to end

The ending was kind of abrupt. Wish we could welcome them home. The arena isn’t even open to have a fan gathering, damned COVID-19. Also, hats off to the Aces!

PostPosted: 10/07/20 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
As her Seattle Storm teammates celebrated sweeping the Las Vegas Aces on Tuesday night in Bradenton, Florida, to win their second championship in the last three years, it was midday Wednesday in Sydney, Australia, where backup guard Sami Whitcomb was joining in via a Zoom call that the WNBA projected on a screen overlooking the court.

Storm's Sami Whitcomb wins title ring ... from 9,000 miles away in Australia

---
@10NewsFirstPER wrote:
Basketballer Sami Whitcomb has missed out on championship glory. The star guard forced to watch her @WNBA team the Seattle Storm win the title while she was in quarantine in a Sydney hotel, but as you're about to find out babies are more important than baskets.

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstPER/status/1313780495868665856

PostPosted: 10/07/20 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
"Angel makes her teammates better" lol k with all of her zero wins in the finals

Take a look at the roster of the 2011 and 2013 Atlanta Dream teams that made it to the finals to face the star-studded Lynx, back when McCoughtry was 25 and 27, not 34. Louisville had no other future WNBA players in 2009 (one player was drafted in the third round - 39th pick) and made it to the NCAA Finals before losing to a UConn team with 5 future WNBA players.

craigmont

PostPosted: 10/07/20 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 2010 Seattle-Atlanta finals were decided by 2,3,and 3 points.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/07/20 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:

Take a look at the roster of the 2011 and 2013 Atlanta Dream teams that made it to the finals to face the star-studded Lynx, back when McCoughtry was 25 and 27, not 34. Louisville had no other future WNBA players in 2009 (one player was drafted in the third round - 39th pick) and made it to the NCAA Finals before losing to a UConn team with 5 future WNBA players.

But damn, even when Catchings’ Fever teams were going against the Lynx they were able to win some games besides winning the title.

McCoughtry has the MVP and still couldn’t get one win.

PostPosted: 10/07/20 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not with a bang but with a whimper ...

PostPosted: 10/07/20 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
But damn, even when Catchings’ Fever teams were going against the Lynx they were able to win some games besides winning the title.

As the self-proclaimed biggest McCoughtry fan on this message board, let me just say that Tamika Catchings > Angel McCoughtry isn't the hot take you seem to be acting like it is.

Quote:
McCoughtry has the MVP and still couldn’t get one win.

The fifth-best player on the Storm, in the 2020 WNBA Finals, was Alysha Clark. Remind me who was the fifth-best player on the Aces, in the 2020 WNBA Finals?

I'm not saying that you personally were one of the people involved in every stage of this, but it strikes me as borderline revisionist history that there were people before the Finals talking about how the only reason why the regular season games were even close was because the Aces had Hamby, and Bird and Stewart didn't play, and now after the Finals, it's like, "You had McCoughtry and the MVP, and couldn't even win one game?!"

craigmont

PostPosted: 10/07/20 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/03/sports/basketball/wnba-finals-seattle-storm.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article&fbclid=IwAR2yU76EUzsrutRPQYEn0eYKUKcSilrHUgCicAvYhpQq0D0trj2bSlrnbSw

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/07/20 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we were referring to an all time great NBA player, they would be getting killed for getting to the Finals four times with no win in it.

That’s all I’ve got it. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/07/20 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
If we were referring to an all time great NBA player, they would be getting killed for getting to the Finals four times with no win in it.

That’s all I’ve got it. :lol:

The NBA parallel to Angel McCoughtry wouldn't even get to the Finals four times.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/07/20 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Noted. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/07/20 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish that Alysha Clark played for literally any other team in the league, so that I could actually root for her.

Well, not Washington, either, but other than that.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/07/20 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

The NBA parallel to Angel McCoughtry wouldn't even get to the Finals four times.

I was trying to decide who the NBA equivalent of Angel McCoughtry would be. The most likely candidate feels like Tracy McGrady (two scoring titles, about the same number of all league mentions and all star appearances) but they're so different in personality it's hard to make that comparison. Nobody would ever call Angel "The Big Sleep".

PostPosted: 10/07/20 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I was trying to decide who the NBA equivalent of Angel McCoughtry would be. The most likely candidate feels like Tracy McGrady (two scoring titles, about the same number of all league mentions and all star appearances) but they're so different in personality it's hard to make that comparison. Nobody would ever call Angel "The Big Sleep".

I don't know the NBA well enough, but maybe Iverson?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: