RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/13/20 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
So I'm not sure the Lynx want/need upgrade at PG.

Totally disagree. It’s not a championship level group of guards. If there’s opportunity out there to land a vet PG/combo guard, they should take it.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Is there's any upgrade at backup center better than Alexander out there, or not?

There will be some options available, but like I already pointed out above, they won’t be needed if Maya comes back. Dantas becomes #1 backup post in either post position.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Then again, I have no idea if Reeve is allergic to good centers (apart from obvious future HOF'ers)

Mompremier was floating around available for the longest time, and Reeve just ignored her. This is the $1 million/yr coach/GM that some think should be unquestioned? What a joke. I knew she would avoid using Alexander on the court, and even with Fowles going down, that’s exactly what happened. Complete waste of a roster spot. In the meantime, Mompremier got decent playing time in the playoffs and didn’t exactly hurt her team. Mompremier now gives CON a cheap replacement for Brionna Jones, who likely moves on unless she’s willing to work for peanuts.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/13/20 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If LA don't core her, I think Minnesota's first phone call goes to Chelsea Gray.

PostPosted: 10/13/20 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If LA don't core her, I think Minnesota's first phone call goes to Chelsea Gray.

I'm guessing Gray would get lots of calls in that instance

PostPosted: 10/13/20 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I'm guessing Gray would get lots of calls in that instance

Hell Snoopy better beat Cheryl ! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/15/20 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheryl Reeve already likes Lynx roster, but WNBA could be stronger than ever next season

https://m.startribune.com/reeve-already-likes-lynx-roster-and-it-could-get-better-in-offseason/572747411/

Quote:
It would appear Reeve would be willing to move other assets under team control in trades, perhaps for future draft picks.

“You are always looking to improve your roster, but it’s nice we’re not at a place where we feel we have to do something,” Reeve said. “We feel we’re a pretty good team. I like our roster.

PostPosted: 10/15/20 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so assuming everyone is back and healthy... crystal, odyssey, napheesa, damiris and sylvia are a pretty solid starting unit.
rachel and lexie are good backups, and bridget is a good swing player.

they need 1 better shooter than what they currently have and they need a better backup post than erica or kayla.

shenise kayla are expendable and erica idk.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/20 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

“You are always looking to improve your roster, but it’s nice we’re not at a place where we feel we have to do something,” Reeve said. “We feel we’re a pretty good team. I like our roster.

Didn’t take long for Reeve to contradict herself. In the last half of the video I posted in the first page of this thread, Reeve said they needed either Maya or another big piece. I agree with that sentiment. To say that the current team is good enough when you have the money to add a player that would improve the team is a big disappointment and is settling for less than a championship level team. I wonder if Reeve is doubting her skills as a GM and wants to set the expectation bar low for herself.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/20 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bonjour Bridget: Carleton Excited For Season In France
https://www.cksn.ca/2020/10/bonjour-bridget-carleton-excited-for-season-in-france/

Quote:
Carleton is coming off an incredible WNBA campaign with the Minnesota Lynx, that saw her work her way into a starting role, playing key minutes, and contributing at both ends of the court all season.

“It was a great experience. I learned a lot about who I am as a player and what my strengths and weaknesses are against some of the best players in the world,” Carleton said of her breakout season.

“I stayed ready and when I got an opportunity I was ready to take advantage of it.”

Quote:
“I am in a smaller city that has not had a lot of cases which is comforting. It is very similar to the precautions Canada is taking in terms of wearing a mask when indoors and staying 6+ feet away from other people. All teams around our league get tested every week before we play our scheduled games.”

Shades

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
_____/Carleton
Collier/Shepard/Herbert Harrigan
Fowles/Dantas

If Maya comes back, we’re done.
Don’t even need the first round pick, although I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Brown for future consideration and developing someone new at guard.

If Maya doesn’t come back, then I suppose Zandalasini becomes an option, or possibly shift back to the bigger lineup.

Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
Collier/Carleton
Dantas/Shepard/Herbert Harrigan
Fowles/

Then I suppose Fagbenle becomes an option. I’m not feeling her after she abandoned the team for non-COVID-fearing reasons.

Will a big juicy enough for Reeve fall to #9? Mack Daddy?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
_____/Carleton
Collier/Shepard/Herbert Harrigan
Fowles/Dantas

If Maya comes back, we’re done.
Don’t even need the first round pick, although I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Brown for future consideration and developing someone new at guard.

If Maya doesn’t come back, then I suppose Zandalasini becomes an option, or possibly shift back to the bigger lineup.

Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
Collier/Carleton
Dantas/Shepard/Herbert Harrigan
Fowles/

Then I suppose Fagbenle becomes an option. I’m not feeling her after she abandoned the team for non-COVID-fearing reasons.

Will a big juicy enough for Reeve fall to #9? Mack Daddy?

Ouch moving the ROY to the bench already?

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I suppose McBride at SF with no Maya is a possibility, but I’m not in love with that.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I suppose McBride at SF with no Maya is a possibility, but I’m not in love with that.

Moving Dantas to the bench?

PostPosted: 01/27/21 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe a sims trade?

Sims for B. Jones

starter
Danfgerfield, McBride, Collier, Dantas, Fowles
#9 (Westbrook, Evans, Slocum), Brown, Banham, Carleton, MHH, Shepard, B. Jones

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/27/21 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Maybe a sims trade?

Sims for B. Jones

starter
Danfgerfield, McBride, Collier, Dantas, Fowles
#9 (Westbrook, Evans, Slocum), Brown, Banham, Carleton, MHH, Shepard, B. Jones

Makes sense for both sides. I don’t think Lynx fans that hate the thought of Dangerfield as their starting PG would like it though. 🙃

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/27/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paying Jones makes no sense to me when you already have Fowles, Collier and Dantas. Never mind the hope that Herbert Harrigan and/or Shepard develops, or that Fagbenle turns up.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Paying Jones makes no sense to me when you already have Fowles, Collier and Dantas. Never mind the hope that Herbert Harrigan and/or Shepard develops, or that Fagbenle turns up.

IDK Fowles missed a lot of last season and is now old as W players go, Collier seems to be as good if not better at SF as PF, MHH and Shepard both have potential but if I was going for a championship I would rather have B. Jones as my 3rd post than either of them. As in my A. Gray discussion in Seattle I understand that it could seem redundant, but IMO championship teams need good player out to the 6th and 7th roster spot. B. Jones as the 3rd post seems like the type of move a championship team would consider. OTOH if you don't see Dangerfield as a full-time starter on a great team then trading Sims might undercut the talent level on the perimeter.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/27/21 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Even though Dantas is playing for a bench price, the only scenario I’d like her to come off the bench is if Maya came back.

Is signing McBride to a three year probably guaranteed contract a hint that Maya isn’t coming back? Probably.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x_EHfswcH-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 01/28/21 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Even though Dantas is playing for a bench price, the only scenario I’d like her to come off the bench is if Maya came back.

So you're sending Collier or Fowles to the bench? If McBride is at the three, somebody's getting bumped out of the starting lineup.

PostPosted: 01/28/21 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

So you're sending Collier or Fowles to the bench? If McBride is at the three, somebody's getting bumped out of the starting lineup.

I said I wasn’t in love with McBride at the three, but I could see Reeve doing it.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/28/21 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so

Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
Powers/Carelton
Collier/Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

#9pick and MHH looking to bump someone off?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/28/21 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so

Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
Powers/Carelton
Collier/Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

Thanks Spooner. Are you sure there’s enough money for all that? You know how a Reeve likes to give out 3 year guaranteed contracts like they’re candy. Still paying for that 3 year deal for that Christmas that was anything but a present. Is Fowles no longer in the Lynx future plans, because she’ll need a new contract next year if she’s still playing. The constant injuries could be a sign that she’s near the end, even though she’s still at a high fitness level.

[edit: Just to clarify... I responded to this post not knowing about the new Lynx signings. I thought this was the latest unrealistic Spooner proposal. Smile]

Last edited by Shades on 01/28/21 3:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/28/21 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
so

Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
Powers/Carelton
Collier/Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

Thanks Spooner. Are you sure there’s enough money for all that? You know how a Reeve likes to give out 3 year guaranteed contracts like they’re candy. Still paying for that 3 year deal for that Christmas that was anything but a present. Is Fowles no longer in the Lynx future plans, because she’ll need a new contract next year if she’s still playing. The constant injuries could be a sign that she’s near the end, even though she’s still at a high fitness level.

Is Odyessey best playing PG? Sims, to me, is a scorer and not a floor general.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/28/21 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
so

Sims/Dangerfield
McBride/Brown/Banham
Powers/Carelton
Collier/Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Achonwa

Same could be said of Dangerfield though

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 01/28/21 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

The best PG’s do both.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/28/21 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a couple days ago, Achonwa was awarded the Euroleague Day 6 top performer.
https://www.fiba.basketball/euroleaguewomen/20-21/news/achonwa-claims-gameday-6-top-performer-award

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: