RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2021 Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/26/21 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Why would the Sky trade two young quality players for OLD Candace Parker? Candace is an UFA. If the Sky really want her all they have to do is sign her. They don't have to give up anything to get her.

This is in the event that she wants the supermax. If she's good with the regular max, of course she's just gonna peace tf out of LA if she wants to leave.

Why Copper & Stevens, you ask? Copper wasn't great on D, and is still gonna make $165k. Stevens could very well be the next Moriah Jefferson in the sense of being a former UConn player who hasn't been healthy – and currently still isn't – since her rookie year. Chicago in trading those two away for even a Candace Parker at her most expensive would create some extra cap space (about $13k minimum, fwiw) that they could use to retain Cheyenne Parker in a "Parker-squared" scenario. That would make them a lot less dependent on Dolson, who herself needs to get healthy.

Although........ I'm doing the numbers, and they might not be able to get to 11 players that way. So maybe disregard that idea anyway LMAO Embarassed I h8 being obsessed sometimes Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/26/21 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Why would the Sky trade two young quality players for OLD Candace Parker? Candace is an UFA. If the Sky really want her all they have to do is sign her. They don't have to give up anything to get her.

This is in the event that she wants the supermax. If she's good with the regular max, of course she's just gonna peace tf out of LA if she wants to leave.

Why Copper & Stevens, you ask? Copper wasn't great on D, and is still gonna make $165k. Stevens could very well be the next Moriah Jefferson in the sense of being a former UConn player who hasn't been healthy – and currently still isn't – since her rookie year. Chicago in trading those two away for even a Candace Parker at her most expensive would create some extra cap space (about $13k minimum, fwiw) that they could use to retain Cheyenne Parker in a "Parker-squared" scenario. That would make them a lot less dependent on Dolson, who herself needs to get healthy.

Although........ I'm doing the numbers, and they might not be able to get to 11 players that way. So maybe disregard that idea anyway LMAO Embarassed I h8 being obsessed sometimes Laughing

I was thinking about the cap space issues for both teams one variation that would solve the problem sort of would be this crazy 3 team trade

LA gets Cambage (super max) and Deshields (by sending out two super maxes and getting Deshields on rookie contract gives LA the cap space to re-sign Sykes and possibly Chiney if she is willing to sign on for just over minimum)
LV gets Ch. Gray (Super max), Dolson, Anigwe and pick #8 (can re-sign McBride) (Two variables Cambage still really wants to go to LA and Laimbeer likes last years squad better than the year before and improves on it by adding Plum back in, Ch. Gray's superior play and shooting to D-Rob or Allen, Dolson is similar but upgrade to Swords and Anigwe and pick 8 gives greater depth to the bench than last season)
Chi gets Can. Parker (Super max) and pick #10 and #12 (and can afford to re-sign Ch. Parker)

LA
Toliver, Sykes, Deshields, N. Ogwumike, Cambage
Cooper, #15, Weiss, Ch. Ogwumike, Gulich, Vadeeva

LV
Ch. Gray, McBride, McCoughtry, Wilson, Dolson
Allen, Plum, pick #8, Young, Hamby, Anigwe

Chi
Sloot, Quigley, Copper, Ca. Parker, Ch. Parker
#10, Williams, #12, Stevens, Mavunga, Hebard

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/27/21 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

since Parker has already said Chicago and Nneka is staying put here are some of my out there or not so out there predictions

C. Gray lands in LV. (maybe just signs, maybe traded for Plum and something)
Howard traded to Dallas
A. Gray traded to Seattle as part of Howard Deal (maybe with Alarie or KLS and some picks)
Cambage I am going with staying in LV *but won't be surprised if she id traded to LA maybe for Ch. Gray and something as a variation on my Ch. Gray to LV idea)
Ch. Parker NY (OK really Atl but hoping for NY)
Achonwa Chi (Cheaper Ch. Parker replacement)
Bird Sea Clark Sea Taurasi PX McBride LV
Hawkins Atl
Charles Wash
Meeseman Wash
Breland Conn
Holmes Conn
Laney Atl
Lavender Indy
Powers Indy
J. Thomas Conn
Wheeler Indy
Vaughn or Plaisance PX
Zahui B Minny
R. Williams LA
B. Jones Conn
SWK Wash
Whitcomb PX
Colson Chi
Sykes LA

NY gets Allen to return and gets no one else and has to focus on future with #1 draft pick Collier and Ionescu

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/27/21 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McBride to Minnesota.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I found out Megdal’s source. His minion sources are likely unreliable as seen by his bad calls on Ionescu and Cambage demanding Sparks only. But the biggest WNBA sports agency should be pretty reliable. Why they aren’t keeping quiet, I don’t know.

I found something that could be interesting. Their client list has many players designated as “unavailable”.🤔

GUARDS
Lindsay Allen (Unavailable)
Jordin Canada (Unavailable)
Bridget Carleton (Unavailable)
Essence Carson
Maite Cazorla (Unavailable)
Layshia Clarendon (Unavailable)
Kahleah Copper (Unavailable)
Kathleen Doyle (Unavailable)
Bria Hartley (Unavailable)
Bria Holmes
Marine Johannès (Unavailable)
Shenise Johnson
Stella Johnson (Unavailable)
Kiara Leslie (Unavailable)
Kayla McBride (Unavailable)
Leilani Mitchell (Unavailable)
Kia Nurse (Unavailable)
Aerial Powers
Allie Quigley (Unavailable)
Ta’shuana “Sugar” Rodgers
Shekinna Stricklen
Jasmine Thomas (Unavailable)
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (Unavailable)
Samantha Whitcomb (Unavailable)

FORWARDS
Bella Alarie (Unavailable)
Alysha Clark (Unavailable)
Megan Gustafson (Unavailable)
Tianna Hawkins
Myisha Hines-Allen (Unavailable)
Crystal Langhorne
Angel McCoughtry
Chiney Ogwumike
Candace Parker (Unavailable)
Latoya Sanders
Jessica Shepard (Unavailable)
Alanna Smith (Unavailable)
Alyssa Thomas (Unavailable)
Ramu Tokashiki (Unavailable)
Megan Walker (Unavailable)

CENTERS
Isabelle Harrison (Unavailable)
Brionna Jones (Unavailable)
Jonquel Jones (Unavailable)
Jantel Lavender
Mercedes Russell (Unavailable)
Kylee Shook (Unavailable)
Brianna Turner (Unavailable)
Maria Vadeeva (Unavailable)

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/27/21 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheyenne Parker to Atlanta verbally agreed according to Winsidr.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

I’m fucking pissed, not gone lie.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not my first choice of free agent C Parkers, but a nice addition to the Dream

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So with McBride to Minny does the legitimize the Talks of C.Gray & Vegas even further? They obviously knew before we did right @Chasingratsdogs?

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So for Poops & giggles what if the one whom once recently called this franchise a shit show joined them? I’m just asking how the reaction would concur ? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laney to New York. https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1354623887221243904?s=21

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 01/27/21 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

I saw their report that the Fever offered CP3 a super-max deal. Curious to see if that will have any impact on Indy's FAs.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/27/21 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Laney to New York. https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1354623887221243904?s=21

I like it
I know on my list I had her staying in Atl
but I thought with Hayes coming back Atl might not give her the big money
and while NY has a ton of wings Laney could easily be the starting SF

domino affect Nurse goes back to the 2 Ionescu yo the 1 Clarendon to the bench and if Johannes shows with a less likely Olympics NY looks improved

Ionescu/Clarendon
Nurse/Johannes
Laney/
#1 pick
Stokes

still have to figure out the rest

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/27/21 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far, you’re telling me no UFA has been given their “worth” in these negotiations with their former team? Like not one..

PostPosted: 01/27/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems like cause and affect

Chi gives Can Parker money can't afford Ch. Parker
Atl gives Ch. Parker money and has Hayes returning so doesn't go big money for Laney
LV pursuing Ch. Gray probably at max or super max after trade, cores Cambage super max, has Plum returning at 175 might not have as much need or money for McBride

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/27/21 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Atl gives Ch. Parker money and has Hayes returning so doesn't go big money for Laney
LV pursuing Ch. Gray probably at max or super max after trade, cores Cambage super max, has Plum returning at 175 might not have as much need or money for McBride

So clearly, these teams didn’t really give a damn about taking care of their own players first.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittney Sykes has agreed to re-sign with LA on a multi-year deal. https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1354629326906376192?s=21

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/27/21 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

So clearly, these teams didn’t really give a damn about taking care of their own players first.

I don't think it is that they didn't give a damn I think they simply valued the option they went with more. I think you can argue in all of the above examples that the in-coming player has higher perceived value to the team than the current player they moved on from. It is a little cold but it is that whole it is a business first thing.

Also not saying it is good or bad just breaking down how I see it

Shades

PostPosted: 01/27/21 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Domino effect. Teams were anticipating signing their own, but CHI got an offer they couldn’t refuse, triggering movement all over the place.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/27/21 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I don't think it is that they didn't give a damn I think they simply valued the option they went with more. I think you can argue in all of the above examples that the in-coming player has higher perceived value to the team than the current player they moved on from. It is a little cold but it is that whole it is a business first thing.

Which is essentially what I said. I was just way more bold. Laughing

Definitely understand it’s a business, and both sides have to do what they have to do. It’s just somewhat shocking that these GMs want to publicly come out and say “we want to take care of our players” but so far it doesn’t seem like it.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do not agree with that decision by Atlanta. Carter, Williams and Hayes on paper is a good backcourt but they're hobbits compared to the rest of the league. Worst defensive team next year.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/28/21 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I’m fucking pissed, not gone lie.

I'm not their yet but I'm getting close. If SD is still on the team when all the the dust settles then I will be 100 percent pissed. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 01/28/21 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I think I found out Megdal’s source. His minion sources are likely unreliable as seen by his bad calls on Ionescu and Cambage demanding Sparks only. But the biggest WNBA sports agency should be pretty reliable. Why they aren’t keeping quiet, I don’t know.

I found something that could be interesting. Their client list has many players designated as “unavailable”.🤔

Unavailable generally refers to their overseas status.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/28/21 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I h8 her for saying this: https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1354578741511393280

Quote:
The tea just starting, really lol

(she tweeted this a little after the Parker news broke)

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="14149962" data-share-method="host" data-width="35%" data-aspect-ratio="1.7238805970149254"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/chuckles-im-in-danger-ralph-wiggum-the-simpsons-gif-14149962">Chuckles Im In Danger GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/chuckles-gifs">Chuckles GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/28/21 3:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Which is essentially what I said. I was just way more bold. Laughing

Definitely understand it’s a business, and both sides have to do what they have to do. It’s just somewhat shocking that these GMs want to publicly come out and say “we want to take care of our players” but so far it doesn’t seem like it.

Yeah but if you can get a better FA (at a discount because of no supermax) at that exact position then i can understand that decision completely. Sky are always not good enough. Cheyenne Parker was never going to be that star for them.

Im not a Candace Parker fan but she is a big upgrade over Cheyenne Parker.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: