35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Aces
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 20

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/22/20 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never, in a million years, could I have foreseen McCoughtry, McBride and Hamby all sucking, in the same game, two games in a row. I would have bet everything I own that that couldn't happen.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/22/20 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
myrtle wrote:
McBride has seemed like she was 'absent' all year. Angel showing she ain't quite as young as she once was.

True, but this Sun defense is being underrated, IMO.

They’ve got Carson playing PF and they aren’t missing a beat.

+1, which is why the Sun's whole mantra is about being 'disrespeCT'ed. They even mentioned on the broadcast how we're all talking about how bad the Aces have been and not how impressive the Sun have been (which is what we're still doing lol).

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/22/20 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MP3 putting the team on her back.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/22/20 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CON had it... All the way until the last ~2mins... but they let 'em off the hook! Exclamation

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/57EXWMd0XQc?start=30" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> Razz

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/22/20 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
CON had it...

Imo the Sun even in their brightest spots today never really had it in Thomas’ absence. By losing this game, they pretty much just lost the series. Hopefully Thomas is healthy by next season...

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/22/20 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/22/20 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Without AT they really needed to hang on and get that W to have any chance in the series.
So close. A'ja just too damn good.

PostPosted: 09/22/20 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilson is such a good ambassador for the game and gives great interviews and sportsmanship. Plus those key late possessions, she went beast mode.

Sun’s defense was again speCTacular. Miller knows how to put in a great defensive game plan. Thomas and January have kept those Vegas guards in check, but they were able to make timely buckets. They still need to hit from outside the lane to open up the lane for the posts.

I hope like heck that Alyssa Thomas’ injury is minor and she’s back on Thursday. Bonner was able to take advantage of defensive switches in the 3rd. But like McBride, she also seems to be pressing a bit.

Thursday should be an interesting game.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/22/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun don't have the post depth without A Thomas. When Mompremier left with her 5th foul, the Sun were up six. When she came back (and when she fouled out) they were down two. Mompremier can't really match up Wilson, but she's miles better than Plaisance or trying to play small on her.

PostPosted: 09/22/20 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching Wilson, she seems to hit 90% of her mid-range jumpers and when she drives she appears to get fouled or make the shot 90% of the time. Imagine if she starts to hit threes.

Last edited by tfan on 09/22/20 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/22/20 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
McBride has been absent. Angel has been off shooting, but is trying to make a presence on defense and passing, but yes, McBride has seemed off or something this year. Not sure if she’s pressing too hard or what.

McBride showed up looking out of shape at the beginning of the season, her shot wasn't there, and she had to play her way into shape which took half of this shortened season. Then she started to look a lot better and her shooting form returned, but she played lousy on Sunday and only slightly better today. I think the week off didn't do anyone on this team any favors.

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 09/23/20 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really enjoyable series to watch.

My wife and I LOVE watching Connecticut's bench cheer squad, best one in the W easily. She said "I want Hiedeman to come to my next birthday party!" Also the Suns' D is a thing of beauty.

Wilson going ham this year without Cambage clogging up the middle has been great. I think this Aces team is better without Liz. Imagine if they had Plum to give them another outside threat too! I had a feeling when the game was tied late that they'd go to A'ja and she'd deliver the game and boy did she.

I hope Thomas's injury isn't too bad, but I suspect with her playing injured already that it won't be one she can shake off quickly. Fingers crossed for her.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 09/23/20 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Alyssa Thomas doesnt get injured CT takes this game. BUT you cant live on woulda, coulda, shouldas. Shouts to CT for maintaining a lead until the final minutes of the game. I still see this series going 5 games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: