RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/14/21 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see McDonald as a Spark

I wonder if LA tried for pick 5 TBH as long as Dallas doesn't pick her at 5 it seems likely she would be there at 7

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/14/21 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I wonder if LA tried for pick 5 TBH as long as Dallas doesn't pick her at 5 it seems likely she would be there at 7

That makes sense. Play in the backcourt with Tolliver, and Cooper

PostPosted: 04/14/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fisher being Fisher..

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be hilarious if the Sparks 2022 first round pick is a lottery pick.😂

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I can’t see it. They have Wheeler and Cooper at PG, plus Toliver if needed.
I kind of wonder if somebody got hurt and we don’t know about it yet.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I can’t see it. They have Wheeler and Cooper at PG, plus Toliver if needed.
I kind of wonder if somebody got hurt and we don’t know about it yet.

Maybe Vadeeva isn't coming, that would leave them only 4 deep in the post (unless they count Coffey)

One of Walker or Mack should be there at 7 (and might not be there at 10)

Dungee seems like a fit as well

McDonald has that showtime quality that I think Fischer would like and TBH they have a lot of perimeter players already so most possible draft options offer some form of redundancy

Wheeler/Cooper
Toliver/Augustus/Holmes
Sykes/Weiss/TRP

not all of them are stars but they are all legit WNBA level players so any draftee is going to have some competition at the 1 through 3 spot so maybe they are targeting a post

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

It is a risky move.

I like a team betting on themselves but this season will have a lot of parity. IMO there isn't a whole lot separating teams 5 through 10 (I have LA in the 5/6 range) one slump or a serious injury could knock a team way down the standing.

PX is kind of in the same boat. They always seem to have plenty of talent yet struggle to break into the top half of the league. I wouldn't want to be either team going into 22 without a first round pick, especially since next draft seems to have strong lottery talent (Howard, Smith, Hillmon, Cunane, Austin) and decent talent throughout the first round (Prince, Joens, Westbrook, Egbo, Ono, Williams, Carter, Hull and that doesn't even include any class of 23 early entries).

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/14/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So was Fisher afraid of Chicago or Minnesota? For the Sparks to make that trade they had to believe that one of the above teams was going to draft a player that they really wanted. Who would that be?🧐

PostPosted: 04/15/21 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
So was Fisher afraid of Chicago or Minnesota? For the Sparks to make that trade they had to believe that one of the above teams was going to draft a player that they really wanted. Who would that be?🧐

Or they knew Dallas was planning on taking whoever they wanted. Either way I don't think that player is worth what they are potentially giving up next year.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 2:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does the sparks GM honestly think they will be good ? Cause I can easily see their pick being higher than 7th next year. Hi

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/15/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO the only reason you’d make this trade is because you think Mack will be there. Her value is being vastly undersold, also IMO.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
IMO the only reason you’d make this trade is because you think Mack will be there. Her value is being vastly undersold, also IMO.

I believe this is the reason he made the trade. Let's see if Mack does slide down the draft. It depends on who Dallas and New York decide to draft.

PostPosted: 04/15/21 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

PickledGinger wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Or they knew Dallas was planning on taking whoever they wanted. Either way I don't think that player is worth what they are potentially giving up next year.

Perhaps it was more like Dallas needed to make a trade to free up roster spots for their draft picks, everybody kept sending them low-ball offers, and LA just decided to get in on the action. Idea

Or, maybe Derek Fisher thinks he's on the hot seat, might get fired if the team gets a lottery pick next year, so he may as well go all in this year. Exclamation

Randy

PostPosted: 04/15/21 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

PickledGinger wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Perhaps it was more like Dallas needed to make a trade to free up roster spots for their draft picks, everybody kept sending them low-ball offers, and LA just decided to get in on the action. Idea

Or, maybe Derek Fisher thinks he's on the hot seat, might get fired if the team gets a lottery pick next year, so he may as well go all in this year. Exclamation

Sounds like a suicide pact for his career. Well, he did already sign Poison Pill....

jap

PostPosted: 04/17/21 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone, any word on Maria Vadeeva making a 2021 appearance?

PostPosted: 04/18/21 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TRP waived. https://twitter.com/LASparks/status/1383827765565132803

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/18/21 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:

Another one bites the dust. She didn't get a chance to break a sweat in training camp.

PostPosted: 04/18/21 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Another one bites the dust. She didn't get a chance to break a sweat in training camp.

Cutting her now basically does her a favour, letting her try to catch on elsewhere before camp rather than midway through or during the season. I wrote about why the salary numbers, as much as anything, made it unlikely that she was going to stick in LA this year: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/wnba-2021-cap-roster-details-post-free-agency

PostPosted: 04/18/21 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can they afford to keep someone like Seimone for sentimental reasons rather than going for a younger version?

Anigwe is almost guaranteed one of their few open spots. Any word on Vadeeva?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/18/21 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Anigwe is almost guaranteed one of their few open spots.

Depends how many of their various 3/4s you consider 4s (and whether Vadeeva shows up). They've already got three players who can play center in Nneka, Chiney and Zahui B. Walker, Coffey, and even Seimone are all 3/4s these days.

So I wouldn't be particularly attached to Anigwe, personally.

PostPosted: 04/18/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Unfortunately, her record speaks for itself. With the exception of a single rare game where she delivered 5-6 treys, she was never much of an offensive threat. She is a very good defender, but Brittany is as least as good defensively, probably even better, plus Sykes delivers on both sides of the court. Brittany just needs to dial down her sometimes reckless play so she can remain on the court helping out her maties.

PostPosted: 04/18/21 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Can they afford to keep someone like Seimone for sentimental reasons rather than going for a younger version?

Anigwe is almost guaranteed one of their few open spots. Any word on Vadeeva?

We need Maria to be our Rock of Gibraltar in the paint defensively, plus the 'Anointed One' can deliver offensively as well. Supposedly, she was supposed to be available for the 2021 campaign, but, in these pandemic times, who knows if our Russian 'Messiah' will fulfill her appointment with destiny?

PostPosted: 04/18/21 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not surprised TRP got cut. It's crazy I literally thought of her today as being expendable when I was reading up about LA's draft class.

She might land somewhere do to injury later in the season

PostPosted: 04/18/21 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
I'm not surprised TRP got cut. It's crazy I literally thought of her today as being expendable when I was reading up about LA's draft class.

IDK - she's a player that started in 10 LA's games last year and 155 games in her career and is only 30. Seems like she would be given a chance to win her job at camp at least. The new CBA has been pretty great for a lot players but pretty cruel to some.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/18/21 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

IDK - she's a player that started in 10 LA's games last year and 155 games in her career and is only 30. Seems like she would be given a chance to win her job at camp at least. The new CBA has been pretty great for a lot players but pretty cruel to some.

Yeah the CBA hurts. Overall I think the addition of Sykes hurt TRP. She can play both sides of the ball well. Also, Walker is good at defense and younger.

Aside from Dallas looking at the players getting training camp invites it seem like these teams have their final roster already set in their minds, and are just going through the motions of adding 15.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: