RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
thardy929



Joined: 04 May 2016
Posts: 26
Location: Brooklyn, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/21 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Freshman guard Destiny Salary will be transferring from Tennessee: https://twitter.com/BrizZy15_/status/1377647007150510100

Averaged 2.0ppg, 2.4rpg, 1.1apg, and 0.9spg in 12.1mpg as a defensive spark off the bench.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10862



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/21 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Salary is probably just looking to get paid.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4522
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/21 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Engstler and Hall (Vandy) are joining Walz at Louisville.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 56421



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/21 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Emily Engstler, into portal from Syracuse.

Ouch.


Looks like she decided on Louisville.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 13505
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Salary is probably just looking to get paid.


Laughing Laughing (I *get* that one!!) Laughing Laughing



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
elsie



Joined: 08 Apr 2016
Posts: 208



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/21 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if this has been posted before, I'm sorry, but can someone give me a link to the womens bb portal...tia


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6308
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/21 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thardy929 wrote:
Freshman guard Destiny Salary will be transferring from Tennessee: https://twitter.com/BrizZy15_/status/1377647007150510100

Averaged 2.0ppg, 2.4rpg, 1.1apg, and 0.9spg in 12.1mpg as a defensive spark off the bench.


She didn't get a lot of playing time behind Horston, and with genuine PG Brooklynn Miles coming in, I guess she saw her future writ large. She's good, though. I wonder if she goes back home to Arkansas? Or maybe Pine Bluff or UALR.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10314
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/21 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:
Freshman guard Destiny Salary will be transferring from Tennessee: https://twitter.com/BrizZy15_/status/1377647007150510100

Averaged 2.0ppg, 2.4rpg, 1.1apg, and 0.9spg in 12.1mpg as a defensive spark off the bench.


She didn't get a lot of playing time behind Horston, and with genuine PG Brooklynn Miles coming in, I guess she saw her future writ large. She's good, though. I wonder if she goes back home to Arkansas? Or maybe Pine Bluff or UALR.


Her brother passed she wanted to leave midseason , but stuck it out. Hope everything works out for her , she could have been a Meme Jackson type player for the LV's. I dont like the fact shes leaving so soon Sad



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10314
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/21 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Celeste Taylor from UT in the portal now Shocked Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 28305



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/21 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
thardy929 wrote:
Freshman guard Destiny Salary will be transferring from Tennessee: https://twitter.com/BrizZy15_/status/1377647007150510100

Averaged 2.0ppg, 2.4rpg, 1.1apg, and 0.9spg in 12.1mpg as a defensive spark off the bench.


She didn't get a lot of playing time behind Horston, and with genuine PG Brooklynn Miles coming in, I guess she saw her future writ large. She's good, though. I wonder if she goes back home to Arkansas? Or maybe Pine Bluff or UALR.


I only saw her a couple of times and for a few minutes. I thought she looked like she could become a good player. It would be interesting if both her and Goforth from OrSU ended up back 'home' at Arkansas. That would go a long way to shoring up their guard loss.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6802
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/21 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Celeste Taylor from UT in the portal now :shock: :shock:


With Collier, Lambert and Taylor vamoosing, Vic Schaefer better have a monster recruiting class lined up or things are going to get harder at UHorns.
Milks26



Joined: 25 Mar 2021
Posts: 85



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/21 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Celeste Taylor from UT in the portal now Shocked Shocked


Well, damn! Don't blame the kid - after working to beat the hot team in the tourney to total collapse.

Texas A&M should try to get her



_________________
~Silence is Golden and duct tape is Silver~
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6308
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/21 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeKe McKinney is grad transferring out of Kentucky but now I can't find the link, which I saw this morning. I sure wish she'd come home to UT. She's a product of Fulton HS in Knoxville.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 724
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/21 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dorka Juhasz is looking to transfer!

https://twitter.com/Dorkajuhasz14


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4522
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/21 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Dorka Juhasz is looking to transfer!

https://twitter.com/Dorkajuhasz14


Most popular girl of the minute !



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 724
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/21 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Dorka Juhasz is looking to transfer!

https://twitter.com/Dorkajuhasz14


Most popular girl of the minute !


All of her strengths are my team's weaknesses. Mad

Like seriously, if she came to Iowa next we would be like the 2019-2020 Oregon Ducks.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4522
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/21 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Dorka Juhasz is looking to transfer!

https://twitter.com/Dorkajuhasz14


Most popular girl of the minute !


All of her strengths are my team's weaknesses. Mad

Like seriously, if she came to Iowa next we would be like the 2019-2020 Oregon Ducks.


I was definitely thinking Iowa (or...shudder, Iowa State). But Texas has an opening and lots of potential. And what about playing the 4 to Cardosa 5 at Quse? Is Kara onto her? If a final four is what she’s looking at, NC State?



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
undersized_post



Joined: 01 Mar 2021
Posts: 724
Location: midwest/indiana/iowa


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/21 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Dorka Juhasz is looking to transfer!

https://twitter.com/Dorkajuhasz14


Most popular girl of the minute !


All of her strengths are my team's weaknesses. Mad

Like seriously, if she came to Iowa next we would be like the 2019-2020 Oregon Ducks.


I was definitely thinking Iowa (or...shudder, Iowa State). But Texas has an opening and lots of potential. And what about playing the 4 to Cardosa 5 at Quse? Is Kara onto her? If a final four is what she’s looking at, NC State?


With her size and versatility she would be a gift to so many different systems--including the ones you named. This is such a gut punch to Ohio State though... For a bit there in the regular season, they were the best team in the Big Ten. I was assuming they'd all return this year to try to make a run in the NCAA tourney to make up for the missed opportunity this year.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6308
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/21 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morgan Smith, who grad-transferred from Georgetown to JMU, has had to retire from basketball. I wondered why I never saw her play and why she was always in sweats on the bench. Now I know. I don't know how to link to tweets, but here's what she says:

Never in a million years would I have ever thought I’d be stepping away from the game like this...

Mid September I suffered from a severe concussion that lead to prolonged health conditions. I’ve officially been diagnosed with an incurable visual condition.

fairly new to the world of science and extremely rare. With an very extensive process of doctor visits and specialist feedback. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s time to step away from the game I so dearly love.

(copied from her Twitter account
MORGS
@moebuvkets)



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10314
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/21 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elizabeth Balgoun SF Louisville In the transfer portal officially

https://twitter.com/primetimeMitch/status/1379105282073186305



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6308
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/21 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Elizabeth Balgoun SF Louisville In the transfer portal officially

https://twitter.com/primetimeMitch/status/1379105282073186305


Is she a grad transfer? She already transferred once, to Louisville after the GaTech mess.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 6802
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/21 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is chaos. Who or what is the cause of this tectonic shift? Is it the NCAA, Covid-19, or the annual argumentation of our own beloved Clay "Free Market" Kallam? Fess up!
purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2621
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/21 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
This is chaos. Who or what is the cause of this tectonic shift? Is it the NCAA, Covid-19, or the annual argumentation of our own beloved Clay "Free Market" Kallam? Fess up!


If you think this is chaos, a buddy of mine said that the men's transfer portal has topped 1200 this year. With 355 or so Division I teams, that means on average, every school has over 3 guys in the portal this year. Some schools that have undergone coaching changes like Indiana and Minnesota have had practically their entire roster enter the portal.

I mean, at this point should we just release everybody and start over? Everyone gets a redo: colleges, student-athletes all just start from scratch.

The extra year granted by the NCAA has definitely resulted in an uptick IMO.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6308
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's the extra year. A lot of grad transfers...a LOT.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6308
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/06/21 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Janai Crooms leaving Michigan State. Saw it on Twitter last night so can't link. This will be her second transfer.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin