RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/14/21 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jennifer Ezeh, 6’3 F is transferring from Duke. Has been injured her first two seasons.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/14/21 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke's not even gonna have a starting 5 next year at this rate.

PostPosted: 03/14/21 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ll be very surprised if Duke not only has a starting five but a pretty solid starting five next year.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/15/21 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bria Harmon is transferring from Purdue. She played in three games in two years.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/15/21 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
I’ll be very surprised if Duke not only has a starting five but a pretty solid starting five next year.

I was mostly being facetious. I like Kara. But she more than anyone needs to get on that trasfer portal.

PostPosted: 03/15/21 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

I was mostly being facetious. I like Kara. But she more than anyone needs to get on that trasfer portal.

I'd be surprised if Lawson, who has had one year of assistant coaching experience (in the NBA) in her 18 years of professional life since college graduation, and hence virtually no opportunity to develop high school or AAU coach relationships, can match Joanne P. McCallie's record at Duke, but we'll have to wait until 2034 to find out. Her assistants, who are very experienced, will have to give Lawson tremendous help in carrying the requisite elite recruiting burden.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/16/21 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State's JaMya Mingo-Young (5-8 SO guard, Bogalusa, LA) has announced that she's entering her name into the transfer portal.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1371930957817778186

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/16/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

I'd be surprised if Lawson, who has had one year of assistant coaching experience (in the NBA) in her 18 years of professional life since college graduation, and hence virtually no opportunity to develop high school or AAU coach relationships, can match Joanne P. McCallie's record at Duke, but we'll have to wait until 2034 to find out. Her assistants, who are very experienced, will have to give Lawson tremendous help in carrying the requisite elite recruiting burden.

I noticed that all Kara's transfers are sophomores and juniors and not her recruits. What that says to me is that she probably coaches pretty much the way all Pat's former players coach and they just don't like the style.

PostPosted: 03/16/21 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JaMya Mingo-Young is leaving Mississippi State
I'lmari Thomas is part of a 6-woman exodus from Cincinnatti.
Part time starters Niyah Becker and Lola Pendande are leaving Utah. This could be the death knell for Lynne Roberts.

PostPosted: 03/16/21 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I noticed that all Kara's transfers are sophomores and juniors and not her recruits. What that says to me is that she probably coaches pretty much the way all Pat's former players coach and they just don't like the style.

Actually, Kara's one and only "recruit" was mid-summer grad transfer Anastasieska. Every player that's stayed so far was signed by McCallie. Kara actually didn't sign anyone in the 2021 class either, as McCallie's one recruit in that class undeclaired after she resigned. After Anastasieska, Lawson's next signee was Shay Bollin, a mamber of the class of 2022.

PostPosted: 03/16/21 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Actually, Kara's one and only "recruit" was mid-summer grad transfer Anastasieska. Every player that's stayed so far was signed by McCallie. Kara actually didn't sign anyone in the 2021 class either, as McCallie's one recruit in that class undeclaired after she resigned. After Anastasieska, Lawson's next signee was Shay Bollin, a mamber of the class of 2022.

A few notes/corrections ...

-- Sara Anastasiesk's transfer was in the works under McCallie. She had applied to Duke under McCallie.

-- Kara Lawson signed Lee Volker in 2021
Actually, Kara Lawson signed Lee Volker in 2021

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/17/21 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Raoul, there are now 405 players in the transfer portal (and the NCAAT hasn't even started yet!). Only 59 are from P-5 schools, and 116 are grad transfers. There are 197 schools who have at least one player transferring.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/18/21 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rao reporting that Sidney Cooks and Yemi Morris are grad transfers out of Mississippi State.

And Notre Adams has 3 frosh leaving;
Amirah Abdur-Rahim, Alasia Hayes, and Alli Campbell

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/21 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three from ND in the portal. (Sorry no info, dr. came in.)

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/19/21 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor has it (no confirmation as of yet) that JMU F/C Rayne Tucker has entered the transfer portal. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 03/19/21 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

I think those are the three NoDakState listed above: Abdur-Rahim, Campbell, Hayes.

PostPosted: 03/19/21 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I think those are the three NoDakState listed above: Abdur-Rahim, Campbell, Hayes.

NoDakSt wrote:

I think Ex was thrown off by the Notre Adams reference. Laughing

I'm finding that a bit surprising for Niele's first season. Shocked

PostPosted: 03/19/21 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

NoDakSt wrote:

I think Ex was thrown off by the Notre Adams reference. Laughing

I'm finding that a bit surprising for Niele's first season. Shocked

Between AutoCorrect my innate Propensity at interchanging letters and get some interesting stuff.

On the Bench, many fans are not surprised By this turn of events Especially with the arrival of Olivia miles.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/21 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Thanks. Sorry, I just didn't go back far enough. The article I read said that it had been posted two hours prior to my post. Guess I shouldn't count on that being correct. Wink Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/19/21 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Thanks. Sorry, I just didn't go back far enough. The article I read said that it had been posted two hours prior to my post. Guess I shouldn't count on that being correct. Wink Laughing

I get my transfer news from Raoul's transfer tracker. It's extremely up to date and I don't ask questions as to how they get the info.

PostPosted: 03/19/21 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Part-time starters Niyah Becker and Lola Pendande are leaving Utah. This could be the death knell for Lynne Roberts.

Another Utah player in the portal is 6'3 F Ola Makurat, a sister of UConn sophomore Anna Makurat. Not a huge loss for Utah statistically (2.3 PPG as a bench player), but imo it is surprising that Roberts is still the coach at this point. These multiple player departures aside, the Utes weren't even expected to be as bad as they ended up being this season, and they ended up turning in a worse season than currently coach-less Washington somehow. Shocked

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/20/21 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Part-time starters Niyah Becker and Lola Pendande are leaving Utah. This could be the death knell for Lynne Roberts.

Another Utah player in the portal is 6'3 F Ola Makurat, a sister of UConn sophomore Anna Makurat. Not a huge loss for Utah statistically (2.3 PPG as a bench player), but imo it is surprising that Roberts is still the coach at this point. These multiple player departures aside, the Utes weren't even expected to be as bad as they ended up being this season, and they ended up turning in a worse season than currently coach-less Washington somehow. Shocked

I thought Pendande in particular showed promise.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I get my transfer news from Raoul's transfer tracker. It's extremely up to date and I don't ask questions as to how they get the info.

It isn't always. I looked for info several times on some I knew about long before he had it and it wasn't there. Local news had it before he did.

PostPosted: 03/20/21 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just noticed that Eva Hodgson has entered the portal. She averaged 20+ ppg as a sophomore at William & Mary in 2020 before opting out this season due to COVID. She'll have 2 years of eligibility and would be a quality pickup for a lot of P5 schools.

PostPosted: 03/20/21 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This happened quite a while ago but hasn't been mentioned here yet: Carlie Littlefield, who played Robin to Bella Alarie's Batman at Princeton, has followed her former coach and grad transferred to North Carolina. She'll provide valuable experience to an otherwise sophomore and freshman dominated team.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: