RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/29/21 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue exodus

Leading scorer Kayana Traylor enters portal. Joins Karissa McLaughlin, Tamara Farquhar, and Fatou Diagne and. Bria Harmon. Traylor and Harmon were undergrads.

https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Purdue-womens-basketball-senior-Kayana-Traylor-enters-transfer-portal-574091131.html.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/29/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
https://www.nunesmagician.com/2021/3/29/22356694/syracuse-orange-womens-basketball-kiara-lewis-amaya-finklea-guity-enter-transfer-portal-per-reports

Syracuse players Kiara Lewis & Amaya Finklea-Guity enter transfer portal, joining teammates Emily Engstler, Taleah Washington, and Faith Blackstone.

Also Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi and Digna Strautmane. That’s a full reload. Of all these, most would have graduated anyway but Engstler is the tough loss. Will Q be able to keep Williams and Cardosa. Has a solid class arriving next year.

Bigger question---will Q be able to keep his job??????

PostPosted: 03/29/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Purdue exodus

Leading scorer Kayana Traylor enters portal. Joins Karissa McLaughlin, Tamara Farquhar, and Fatou Diagne and. Bria Harmon. Traylor and Harmon were undergrads.

https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Purdue-womens-basketball-senior-Kayana-Traylor-enters-transfer-portal-574091131.html.

Careful what you wish for, I guess. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/29/21 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it now easier to keep track of the players that are staying at their current schools vs the ones that are leaving? I mean, it is to the point where I expect to see at least 3 or 4 transfers/year from almost every school now.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/29/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond Johnson, Rutgers superfrosh in the portal.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/29/21 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please forgive my ignorance here, but....is this (seemingly higher-than-normal) exodus cuz of the covid allowance for a 5th year of eligibility with no red-shirting needed, or is it just par for any given year?

PostPosted: 03/29/21 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Madison Hayes in the portal. Prep AA was a frosh at Mississippi State. Wonder if she would go to Quse to team up with high school mate Cardosa or to WVU to team up with another high school pal Esmerey Martinez.

Or maybe Texas.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/29/21 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Please forgive my ignorance here, but....is this (seemingly higher-than-normal) exodus cuz of the covid allowance for a 5th year of eligibility with no red-shirting needed, or is it just par for any given year?

It seems like a significant number of transfers Are grad transfers Who are Using an extra year of eligibility afforded by Covid protocols To further their education/collegiate basketball careers. With some of these cases their current school might be encouraging them to transfer Based on scholarship opportunities.

I don’t know how much interaction the teams had with one another in San Antonio. But as all the teams were gathered in one location maybe some of these women had a chance to directly observe other teams in terms of coaching and playing style and see what else is out there.Perhaps there are players who never looked at a school during their initial recruiting But up on being exposed to them during the tournament got to thinking “hey maybe a better look at them.”

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/29/21 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Purdue exodus

This is crazy!! If essentially her entire starting line-up is transferring out, why does Versyp want to stick around next year anyway?

Re: Diamond Johnson leaving Rutgers....wow! I'm doing some unsubstantiated reading between the lines here, but this doesn't necessarily surprise me. I noticed an above average amount of bickering on the court amongst the Rutgers starters.

Lots of talent afloat in the Big Ten.

~UK~

PostPosted: 03/29/21 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Madison Hayes(Mississippi State) is in the transfer portal.

https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/basketball/hayes-transfer-portal-wbk-32921

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/29/21 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I personally think Covid has made everyone a little antsy.

PostPosted: 03/29/21 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Purdue exodus

This is crazy!! If essentially her entire starting line-up is transferring out, why does Versyp want to stick around next year anyway?

She's got about 600,000 good reasons to stay.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/29/21 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I think a lot of it is the COVID year. In some cases, since they've got the graduate year, they might be looking for a better graduate program in the career path they're following. The pandemic may have put things in perspective for people who might want to be closer to home. (Or further from home, I guess, if they're like "if I have to see all these people again I'm going to scream.") In other cases, they may see the classes coming in and do the math re: their minutes.

What I would *love* to see is some way to cross-reference percentage of a class leaving. If an entire senior class is grad-transferring out, is it sheer coincidence, or because of the coach, or because of the school? I know they're supposed to provide support for additional scholarships for the extra year, but that doesn't mean some schools wouldn't rather push out than pony up.

PostPosted: 03/29/21 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Purdue exodus

I'm not feeling too hot if I'm the Purdue AD and I replace Versyp with Gearlds and a whole bunch of players leave. That was a lazy hire.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/29/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Purdue exodus

I'm not feeling too hot if I'm the Purdue AD and I replace Versyp with Gearlds and a whole bunch of players leave. That was a lazy hire.

Boilers with there 2021-22 roster already up.

https://purduesports.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/29/21 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Purdue exodus

Well okay then. If all those players left, where did these players come from? I counted 14....

PostPosted: 03/29/21 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Purdue exodus

Well okay then. If all those players left, where did these players come from? I counted 14....

They’ve included their three incoming crown on the roster. Of the 4 who are in the portal, 3 were already seniors.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/29/21 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Purdue exodus

They’ve included their three incoming crown on the roster. Of the 4 who are in the portal, 3 were already seniors.

Correct, Farquhar and Diagne both would have just graduated, but they are both taking advantage of the extra year. Regardless of COVID, having only played 7 games McLaughlin would have been a medical redshirt had she decided to stay. If she takes advantage of the redshirt and the extra eligibility, shw could theoretically play 2 more full seasons at her new school under the current rules.

PostPosted: 03/29/21 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sasha Goforth, a 6’1 Frosh G is in the transfer portal out Oregon State. Wants closer to home. She’s from Arkansas. Is she pulling a Slocum?

PG4ever

PostPosted: 03/30/21 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Pureformofthegame wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1375174085689360386

Quote:
Middle Tennessee WBB's Anastasia Hayes (5-7 RS JR guard, Murfreesboro, TN [grad xfer]) and Aislynn Hayes (5-6 SO guard, Murfreesboro, TN) have joined their sister Alasia Hayes (ex-Notre Dame) in the portal.

Shocked I have to wonder if this is completely the making of their parent(s). There's just something off about this family...

You better believe it is. If you thought Diamond DeShields had a stage daddy, or if you think Ashley Joens has a “sports dad”, neither one of them is a patch on this dude. If I were a coach I wouldn’t touch any of the kids at this point. I guess he doesn’t think word gets around...

FWIW, I've heard that they're headed to Michigan, This is totally uncorroborated!

I don’t know where we’d put them next year unless someone is leaving. https://wbbblog.com/michigan-womens-basketball-recruiting/

I have a feeling that there will be a couple of transfers out. Maybe one of the first year players and one of the upperclass players. The reports have been that Dilk was out with an undisclosed illness but I wouldn't be surprised if she transfers. I think they'll get a high-profile transfer from the portal. Maybe Hayes is a possibility but as I said in another post I'd be shocked if KBA is pursuing all of the sisters. However things turn out, no drama please.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/30/21 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welp, Washington's top 3 scorers from last season (Junior F Haley Van Dyke from Walnut Creek, CA; Freshman PG Tameiya Sadler from Vallejo, CA; and Sophomore F/C Quay Miller from Renton, WA) have all entered the portal within the past 24 hours. And we still don't have a coach.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/30/21 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Welp, Washington's top 3 scorers from last season (Junior F Haley Van Dyke from Walnut Creek, CA; Freshman PG Tameiya Sadler from Vallejo, CA; and Sophomore F/C Quay Miller from Renton, WA) have all entered the portal within the past 24 hours. And we still don't have a coach.

I wonder if they're just entering the portal to give themselves options if they don't like the new coach ...

PostPosted: 03/30/21 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I wonder if they're just entering the portal to give themselves options if they don't like the new coach ...

That might be the most likely explanation here. But because it's already been a couple weeks now since Wynn was fired, another explanation could be that the players recently heard about the remaining candidate(s) for the job and not liked what they heard...

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/30/21 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple more significant names added today:

Tiara Young - Jr. - LSU
Elle Sutphin, Jada Rice and Dontavia Waggoner - NC State
Jordan Hamilton - GS - Northwestern
Mael Gilles - GS - Rutgers
Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi, Amaya Finklea-Guity, Kiara Lewis, Digna Strautmane - Syracuse
Gina Conti - GS - Wake Forest

PostPosted: 03/30/21 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Add Qadashah Hoppie from St. John's; if you need me, I'll be sobbing softly in the corner.

also, wtf Syracuse, are we about to learn the Portuguese for "where is everybody?"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 6 of 19

Jump to: