RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/24/21 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you know who you’re talking to? Candace Parker and Shaq are becoming the Internet’s favorite duo

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-03-24/wnba-nba-candace-parker-shaq

Quote:
Future WNBA Hall of Famer Candace Parker continues to school retired Lakers star Shaquille O’Neal.

PostPosted: 03/26/21 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still do a double-take seeing Parker-related content in a Chicago Sky thread. Smile

I wish I could say that I've known Candace was this brilliant analyst in a "y'all are late to the party" kind of way, but I can't. Embarassed I do love seeing people respecting & enjoying her thoughts. Shoot, she almost makes me want to – ever so slightly – keep up with the NBA again. If this is the kind of analysis & banter she's gonna bring to the literal table (and it is), basketball fans are gonna stay getting fed for a while. Cool

Shades

PostPosted: 04/13/21 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will be satisfied with whomever the Sky draft tomorrow. Don't overthink the process.🧐

PostPosted: 04/15/21 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone heard any rumors about the Sky trying to trade Gabby Williams? I hope that it's not true. Dumping Dolson should have been their top priority months ago.

Last edited by Rock Hard on 04/15/21 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milks26

PostPosted: 04/15/21 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Has anyone heard any rumors about the Sky trying to trade Gabby Williams?

Yeah, I saw that on Windsir. They don't put out false stuff

PostPosted: 04/17/21 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The coaching staff should be happy with the upcoming training camp. The competition to make the team should be very strong. The coaching staff should find out what players are hungry to make the team. They should find out what players are hungry to win a championship. A huge chunk of the squad are playing in their contract year. They have to show they are worthy of earning a fat contract for 2022 and beyond. This season will be very interesting. Cool

PostPosted: 04/18/21 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heal signed her rookie contract maybe she plans on coming over

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/18/21 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Heal signed her rookie contract maybe she plans on coming over

Maybe, even though she most likely would’ve signed it regardless.

PostPosted: 04/18/21 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heal's always seemed like she planned to play immediately. And they drafted her to, given that someone like Boyd doesn't fit in their remaining cap space.

PostPosted: 04/18/21 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Heal's always seemed like she planned to play immediately. And they drafted her to, given that someone like Boyd doesn't fit in their remaining cap space.

Although, if they manage to trade Gabby Williams for a player who's cheaper than her (let alone for a 2022 pick or two of some sort), that would likely be the extra money needed to have the option to keep Boyd amongst the other givens. Or, if Williams gets traded for one or two picks (and no players), that would clear the way for the Sky to keep Heal/Boyd and Natasha Mack.

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/18/21 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/18/21 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, trades (or unexpected suspensions or cuts) shake everything up. Regardless, I think Heal was picked to play.

PostPosted: 04/18/21 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Although, if they manage to trade Gabby Williams for a player who's cheaper than her (let alone for a 2022 pick or two of some sort), that would likely be the extra money needed to have the option to keep Boyd amongst the other givens. Or, if Williams gets traded for one or two picks (and no players), that would clear the way for the Sky to keep Heal/Boyd and Natasha Mack.

I hope the Gabby trade rumors are just that, rumors. But if they do trade her, anything less than a first round draft pick or a high value vet would be a major waste for the Sky organization.

PostPosted: 04/18/21 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Wonder at what position. If I am not mistaken, she has normally played at power forward under Stocks and point guard under Wade, for the Sky.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/19/21 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shyla Heal will be on even footing when she goes against Leilani Mitchell. But she will be undersized most of the time, if she sticks.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/19/21 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I hope the Gabby trade rumors are just that, rumors. But if they do trade her, anything less than a first round draft pick or a high value vet would be a major waste for the Sky organization.

I agree they should just keep Williams
Also trading Williams doesn't really solve the log jam in the post or open a spot for Mack unless NDour doesn't show or they plan on playing Stevens or Parker some minutes at the 3 (Teams don't usual go with 6 posts seem even less likely with for a team with an 11 player roster

Williams to Washington for their first round pick in 22? If Washington is win now and looking for a Clark replacement I could see it.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/19/21 6:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Williams get hurt? I saw her on the sidelines during the Euroleague championship game. Depending on her injury she may not have much sway on the trading blcok.

PostPosted: 04/19/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Didn't Williams get hurt? I saw her on the sidelines during the Euroleague championship game. Depending on her injury she may not have much sway on the trading blcok.

She played 30 minutes in the semi-final, including going right to the end, then skipped the essentially meaningless third-place playoff. Doubt that means anything.

Whether she has much value for this season is probably more dependent on how much time she's intending to spend with the French national team.

PostPosted: 04/19/21 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shyla Heal will be on even footing when she goes against Leilani Mitchell. But she will be undersized most of the time, if she sticks.

Luuuc can probably tell us more, but from various highlights I saw she looks like a gutsy player, good passer and a good shooter, but small and while she gets around defenders in the WNBL it's hard to tell how quick she will look in the w. Defensively she will be a ? She's really young so lots of improvement can still happen. Since I think Brondello says Heal will eventually be on the Aussie team - it didn't sound like Sandy thought she was quite ready yet.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/19/21 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:

Luuuc can probably tell us more, but from various highlights I saw she looks like a gutsy player, good passer and a good shooter, but small and while she gets around defenders in the WNBL it's hard to tell how quick she will look in the w. Defensively she will be a ? She's really young so lots of improvement can still happen. Since I think Brondello says Heal will eventually be on the Aussie team - it didn't sound like Sandy thought she was quite ready yet.

There seems to be a lot of small PG's now in the WNBA - Mitchell, Dangermouse, Canada and Carter come to mind. There's also McDonald as well and maybe Evans.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/19/21 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:

There seems to be a lot of small PG's now in the WNBA - Mitchell, Dangermouse, Canada and Carter come to mind. There's also McDonald as well and maybe Evans.

...and most of them are very very very quick, which helps them on both ends. That's my point. It's hard to tell how quick she is. The exception is FLB, who has just been amazing doing what she does with what she has - and partially it's because she is a fantastic shooter, and also exceedingly wise.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/19/21 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:

...and most of them are very very very quick, which helps them on both ends. That's my point. It's hard to tell how quick she is. The exception is FLB, who has just been amazing doing what she does with what she has - and partially it's because she is a fantastic shooter, and also exceedingly wise.

Becky Hammon is my favorite midget point guard. She was not a very quick or speedy point guard. But she used her skills and basketball I.Q. to become a great point guard in the WNBA. Athleticism is great to have but if you don't have the skills and basketball smarts to go with it then that is a player that is running and jumping and accomplishing nothing on the court.

PostPosted: 04/19/21 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:

People here have observed that she doesn't look quick, and that's correct. So that differentiates her straight away from most small guards who get to the W. If Shyla is going to make it then it will be because she is tough & determined, and because she seems to have a pretty crafty head on her shoulders for such a young PG. It's a big step up to be handed the reins of a WNBA team, but if her development in the last 12 months is any indication then I think she will adapt to that as well. So at the offensive end I like her chances of making it.
The concern of course is what she costs the team at the defensive end. That part is hard to know because the WNBL is not the place her size is going to get exploited.
Not long now before we can start to see for ourselves. Less than 4 weeks...

PostPosted: 04/19/21 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shyla Heal interview 16 minutes in.
https://webplayer.whooshkaa.com/player/episode/id/816966

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/19/21 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A little more Shyla content:
Quote:
How does Shyla Heal fit with the Chicago Sky?
As understudy to Courtney Vandersloot, Shyla Heal has landed in an ideal situation with the Chicago Sky that requires her to play immediately.

https://pickandroll.com.au/p/how-does-shyla-heal-fit-with-the

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20

Jump to: