RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Chicago Sky 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5946



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.


Shocked You really think they'd give up DeShields for Howard, or thereabouts? I mean, I would definitely do that trade at this point. But I also don't see how that would work out cap-wise on either end, even if Chicago had to include someone like Dolson.


to make the money work Seattle might also have to take back Dolson

I had Copper and Hebard as another option maybe add in a pick 8 and 11 swap if that helps


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22778
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.

And Seattle's desperate for the #16 pick in this hypothetical scenario?



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
mavcarter
#NATC


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5865
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.


How would that even work financially for the Sky?



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5946



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.

And Seattle's desperate for the #16 pick in this hypothetical scenario?


no Chicago would need it because after taking on Howards max deal they probably can't afford anyone else.

say it is Deshields and Seattle has to take Dolson back to make the money work for Howard

you get

Sloot, Quigley, Copper, Howard, Parker
#8, Williams, #16, Stevens, Mavunga, Hebard

Bird, Loyd, Deshields, Dupree, Stewart
Canada, Prince, #11 or Laksa, Magbegor, Russell, Dolson
(Seattle probably has to cut Tuck to make it work)


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22778
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.

And Seattle's desperate for the #16 pick in this hypothetical scenario?


no Chicago would need it because after taking on Howards max deal they probably can't afford anyone else.

say it is Deshields and Seattle has to take Dolson back to make the money work for Howard

you get

Sloot, Quigley, Copper, Howard, Parker
#8, Williams, #16, Stevens, Mavunga, Hebard

Bird, Loyd, Deshields, Dupree, Stewart
Canada, Prince, #11 or Laksa, Magbegor, Russell, Dolson
(Seattle probably has to cut Tuck to make it work)

And again, in that case there's no need to make this random trade two months before the draft. There are plenty of players kicking around who are available at the minimum. You only really need to do this now if you needed that piece to complete the other trade.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
mavcarter
#NATC


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5865
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
say it is Deshields and Seattle has to take Dolson back to make the money work for Howard


Unless DeShields is demanding a trade, I’m just struggling to understand how she keeps ending up in these.

Seattle literally has no leverage. Wade would have to be drunk to even entertain this. Laughing



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5946



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
say it is Deshields and Seattle has to take Dolson back to make the money work for Howard


Unless DeShields is demanding a trade, I’m just struggling to understand how she keeps ending up in these.

Seattle literally has no leverage. Wade would have to be drunk to even entertain this. Laughing


My less dramatic offer is Copper and Hebard pretty much accomplishes the same goals

I guess the idea is that with Deshields, Copper and Williams you have enough good SF that you could sacrifice Deshields to add Howard to Parker upfront

yes an argument can be made that Chicago is a contender as is, but you can also argue that a Howard/Parker front-court is probably the best front-court Chicago has had since EDD/Fowles and that front-court teamed up with Sloot, Quigley, whoever is left between Deshields/Copper/Williams and whoever is left between Stevens/Dolson/Hebard and Mavunga make Chicago a better team.


Sparksfan



Joined: 18 Aug 2015
Posts: 69



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote


Chicago has to get another defensive player to play along side Parker Stevens is a great choice but with her injury history you can't really take that chance. You can't pass up the chance to have a Parker and Howard front court no matter who you have to part ways with


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5946



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.

And Seattle's desperate for the #16 pick in this hypothetical scenario?


no Chicago would need it because after taking on Howards max deal they probably can't afford anyone else.

say it is Deshields and Seattle has to take Dolson back to make the money work for Howard

you get

Sloot, Quigley, Copper, Howard, Parker
#8, Williams, #16, Stevens, Mavunga, Hebard

Bird, Loyd, Deshields, Dupree, Stewart
Canada, Prince, #11 or Laksa, Magbegor, Russell, Dolson
(Seattle probably has to cut Tuck to make it work)

And again, in that case there's no need to make this random trade two months before the draft. There are plenty of players kicking around who are available at the minimum. You only really need to do this now if you needed that piece to complete the other trade.


but it has already led to a half a page of more interesting speculation than if I didn't say it.

Why does everyone take everything so seriously, just trying to spice up the off season

fine Chicago realized Dallas had way too many picks and decided to add a second round pick in good range to take a look at another rookie in camp this year.

That is the real reason they made the trade, practical and boring.


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 2229
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Why does everyone take everything so seriously, just trying to spice up the off season

When the sharks smell blood in the water...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/PfHrNe1cSKAjC" width="240" height="135" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10556



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

but it has already led to a half a page of more interesting speculation than if I didn't say it.




I love it. Solid Gold J-Spoon. You've done these people a huge favor by giving them something to think about. Very Happy



_________________
#NADF
mavcarter
#NATC


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5865
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Why does everyone take everything so seriously, just trying to spice up the off season

fine Chicago realized Dallas had way too many picks and decided to add a second round pick in good range to take a look at another rookie in camp this year.

That is the real reason they made the trade, practical and boring.


Got to have thick skin if you’re going to do trade ideas of other teams. Laughing

But I do apologize if I came off harsh, definitely not my intention.



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 61967
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Unless DeShields is demanding a trade, I’m just struggling to understand how she keeps ending up in these.


She left at mid-season last year and has a history of team-jumping. It's not unreasonable to think she could be moved.



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5946



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Why does everyone take everything so seriously, just trying to spice up the off season

fine Chicago realized Dallas had way too many picks and decided to add a second round pick in good range to take a look at another rookie in camp this year.

That is the real reason they made the trade, practical and boring.


Got to have thick skin if you’re going to do trade ideas of other teams. Laughing

But I do apologize if I came off harsh, definitely not my intention.


It wasn't you It really wasn't anyone

and you are correct about needing a thicker skin

I am certainly not an expert and I do enjoy making trades and mocks and comments that are open to dissection

but I do sometimes get frustrated when the more fanciful element of my comments get derailed by someone else differing view on the content.


mavcarter
#NATC


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5865
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
She left at mid-season last year.


Due to injuries..

pilight wrote:
And has a history of team-jumping. It's not unreasonable to think she could be moved.


Now this I could understand as a reason.



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
mavcarter
#NATC


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5865
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Why does everyone take everything so seriously, just trying to spice up the off season

fine Chicago realized Dallas had way too many picks and decided to add a second round pick in good range to take a look at another rookie in camp this year.

That is the real reason they made the trade, practical and boring.


Got to have thick skin if you’re going to do trade ideas of other teams. Laughing

But I do apologize if I came off harsh, definitely not my intention.


It wasn't you It really wasn't anyone

and you are correct about needing a thicker skin

I am certainly not an expert and I do enjoy making trades and mocks and comments that are open to dissection

but I do sometimes get frustrated when the more fanciful element of my comments get derailed by someone else differing view on the content.


Good, now give me some dap. 👊🏾



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 10171
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/09/21 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great video of a breakdown of Chicago free agency moves . If you have a second you should take a look I enjoyed it at least. Talks about new players and players that have left including the GWH & Gojiraaaa

https://youtu.be/uRN99o1KSOM



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 16031
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/10/21 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Chicago is the most logical landing spot for Natasha Howard. It's close to home for her. They're a contender who can reasonably believe they are a good post player from winning a championship. They actually have what the Storm are looking for. If Seattle believes Hughes can get DeShields' head screwed on straight then it makes perfect sense.


But why would Howard do that? It still doesnt change her playing situation. She still wouldnt be the number 1 option and that is why people are thinking that she wants out of Seattle. I doubt that Candace is going to retire after this year..
The Sky's line-up is pretty similar to the Storms. Both have star/franchise players in Parker and Stewie, SG's that need touches in Loyd and Allie, fantastic pass first PG's. Her role wouldnt be bigger with the Sky?



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ChiSky54



Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 96
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/11/21 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been wanting to analyze (really, just list) the horrible results of Sky draft picks since 2013 (my first year as an STH) after reflecting on how most aren't even in the league anymore or barely lasted with the team. In some cases, they were roundly criticized as wasted picks that skipped players who would have met the team's needs better.

I think the results don't warrant much commentary. Y'all know what has happened!

2013: EDD, - , Brooklyn Pope
2014: Markeisha Gatling, Gennifer Brandon, Jamierra Faulkner Crying or Very sad
2015: Cheyenne Parker, Betnijah Laney, Aleighsa Welch
2016: Imani Boyette, - , Jordan Jones
2017: Alaina Coates, Tori Jankoska, Chantel Osahor (got Keisha Hampton), Makayla Epps
2018: Diamond DeShields, Gabby Williams, Amarah Coleman
2019: Katie Lou Samuelson, Chloe Jackson, Maria Conde
2020: Ruthy Hebard, Japreece Dean, Kiah Gillespie

This seems to be everyone; did I miss anyone?

Funny (or tragic) story: I attended the 2019 draft party. Since I don't follow college WBB, I listened to attendees' speculation of who to pick (and sort of remembered what RebKellians had said). The Sky videographer wanted to get a raucous reaction to the first pick announcement. He got one, but clearly not what he expected: a loud, shocked "WHAT?!???" Laughing

So will 2021, a weak draft as you are saying, yield much for us? Will it be an improvement over this minefield?



_________________
There is nothing new under the sun.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 55989



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/17/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2021/2/17/22288039/azura-stevens-inks-one-year-extension-with-sky


Quote:
The Sky signed forward Azura Stevens to a one-year contract extension, the team announced Wednesday.

Stevens, who would’ve been a restricted free agent after this season, will make $140,000 guaranteed in 2022


I’m guessing Wade talked to all the 2018 draft class and Stevens was the only one to bite on a lower offer ahead of time.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 2229
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/17/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m guessing Wade talked to all the 2018 draft class and Stevens was the only one to bite on a lower offer ahead of time.

Even before her season-ending injury last season, she was averaging 11.5 PPG on 50% shooting and not even 6 RPG. Considering her statistical output and her injury history, the terms of the extension seem about right to me.

And I would think a Gabby Williams extension is next. She is certainly not as productive, but she has at least stayed healthy this whole time – unlike some of her former UConn teammates on the team (and in the League)...



_________________
"It's not a game of 'how to', it's a game of 'when to.'" –Sue Bird, on basketball but probably also life
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin