Aces
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
Sun
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 24

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/20 11:13 am    ::: Aces vs Sun - 9/27/20 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Championship Semifinals Game 4
Palmetto, FL - Court 2 - 1:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN, TSN2

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/ (tvpli)

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/aces-at-sun-on-09272020

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20200927/LVACON/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401244179

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 09/26/20 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm shocked. During the regular season the Sun were 0-10 against the top five in the standings. So far in the playoffs they are 3-1 against the top five.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/26/20 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for the Aces, because I refuse to believe that they fought that hard to get the Number One seed, just so that they could lay down and roll over for the god damned Connecticut Sun.

That being said, I have suddenly found myself filled with a profound sense of ennui, as I have realized that, no matter how the remainder of the WNBA postseason plays out, this is going to be the worst WNBA offseason for me since the WNBA started. Because, once the season ends, that's fucking it, and unlike the last twenty-two years, I won't even have the NBA season to look forward to.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamby listed as questionable (right knee) for the Aces.
A. Thomas listed as probable for the Sun.

Silky Johnson wrote:
I voted for the Aces, because I refuse to believe that they fought that hard to get the Number One seed, just so that they could lay down and roll over for the god damned Connecticut Sun.

I know it's you, but #HateHard approved. Twisted Evil I presume then if it's a Sun-Storm Finals, you won't be watching? Or would you still root for the Sun anyway?
Not that I'm looking ahead or anything... Wink

PostPosted: 09/27/20 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Aces didn't just roll over; they got bulldozed - ask Angel McCaughtry...

Debbie Antonelli
LaChina Robinson
Carolyn Peck
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/27/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamby's out, probably for the rest of the season. Which is unfortunate, but also makes things very interesting in terms of how Vegas handle it. They don't have many other post options. McCoughtry at the 4? Emma Cannon? Super-small? Super-heavy Swords minutes?

PostPosted: 09/27/20 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I missed / forgot when Hamby aggravated her injury, but she was evidently battling through it the whole of game 2, and I hope Laimbeer didn't give her that “Never seen you quit” speech after she had already been playing with it in game 1.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/27/20 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel did play the 4 for the Dream at times when Cooper was the coach. Seems like the Sun are suddenly the favorites. I just hope it isn't another series between a banged up East team and the top west team ending in a 3 game sweep.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
The Aces didn't just roll over; they got bulldozed - ask Angel McCaughtry...

What was the point differential due to all those bad-call/non-calls? I think there were four in a row at one point.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Angel did play the 4 for the Dream at times when Cooper was the coach. Seems like the Sun are suddenly the favorites. I just hope it isn't another series between a banged up East team and the top west team ending in a 3 game sweep.

Seems like whichever team from this series makes it to the Finals will come in a little banged up though, now with Hamby out and McCoughtry still not kicking it into high gear.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Hamby's out, probably for the rest of the season. Which is unfortunate, but also makes things very interesting in terms of how Vegas handle it. They don't have many other post options. McCoughtry at the 4? Emma Cannon? Super-small? Super-heavy Swords minutes?

omg. Cannon.
Hamby has been amazing. So sorry she's out. They're calling it a torn ligament but not an ACL or MCL? That seems weird. Hope she's able to recover soon.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McBride and McCoughtry need to have a monster games here and at least one other person (DRob?) needs to step up as well.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LV's defense has gotten progressively worse, prob due to fatigue. Not sure this sub pattern (or lack of same) was a good idea.

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Hamby has been amazing. So sorry she's out. They're calling it a torn ligament but not an ACL or MCL? That seems weird. Hope she's able to recover soon.

She played through the conclusion to game 2 with the torn ligament she's now out for, and wearing crutches? She has my respect.

Also, nothing like giving a T to the player upset by your missed called. I always “like” those.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
omg. Cannon.

If it’s not the ACL or MCL, it could be the meniscus. And Kelsey Plum played on a torn meniscus for the latter half of her sophomore year at UW, but maybe Hamby’s is too severe/painful right now to play on it for another couple weeks if indeed that’s what she tore.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilson’s going to have to play 40 minutes.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:
omg. Cannon.

If it’s not the ACL or MCL, it could be the meniscus. And Kelsey Plum played on a torn meniscus for the latter half of her sophomore year at UW, but maybe Hamby’s is too severe/painful right now to play on it for another couple weeks if indeed that’s what she tore.

The announcer said "ligament" injury, otherwise unspecified.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to Ryan and Rebecca, only Vegas commits fouls that aren’t called. Good to know! (Btw I’m not a homer of either team, I’m a Dream fan)

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:
omg. Cannon.

I heard “She tore her ligament” at some point.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamby: I think it's always a problem to play with an existing injury. In this case she had a quad or hamstring problem. The body tries to compensate and you end up injuring someplace else. I've seen this repeatedly. So sad for her.

I'm not particularly a Vegas fan but hope Emma plays well enough to keep it a series. I want one more game. It does make me wonder if there wasn't another bigger post that they could have signed instead of her. She's listed at 6'2" but I think that's generous. I mean T.Young is also 6'2" and she at least knows the team and players.

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Hamby: I think it's always a problem to play with an existing injury. In this case she had a quad or hamstring problem. The body tries to compensate and you end up injuring someplace else. I've seen this repeatedly. So sad for her.

I'm not particularly a Vegas fan but hope Emma plays well enough to keep it a series. I want one more game. It does make me wonder if there wasn't another bigger post that they could have signed instead of her. She's listed at 6'2" but I think that's generous. I mean T.Young is also 6'2" and she at least knows the team and players.

I said the same way back when. I expect they'll use Burdick at some point...she's 6'2" and played the 4 position some at Tenn.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PicknLOL wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:
omg. Cannon.

I heard “She tore her ligament” at some point.

If it's not the ACL or MCL, then it is probably the PCL. But it could also be the LCL.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 09/27/20 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Take January out!!!! Boneheaded plays smh

BamaEd

PostPosted: 09/27/20 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am surprised by January’s play right now. She’s been very confident and solid this series. Alyssa Thomas has been efficient but not the rebounding machine, that’s been Bonner. Bonner still hasn’t found her groove around the hoop. She’s looking for fouls more than a bucket at times it seems. You gotta play through it.

Wilson has been strong as usual. Angel has been much more aggressive so far. The backcourt for Vegas still needs to come alive. A little consistency from 3 would open things up inside but they just can’t. Also, with Hamby out, that clogs up the lane even more. If Vegas can’t find their stroke in the backcourt, they can’t win.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/27/20 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imagine how much they'd slobber over Bonner if she was shooting better than 33% for the game...or the series

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: