Atlanta Dream 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/21/21 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sims/C. Williams

Man, if Sims rates ahead of CWill, Minnesota better get Sims back.

I think when paired with Carter Sims' all around game is a better match. And I think Carter is going to be a center piece for the Dream going forward. I specifically only put Carter, Sims and Williams at the 1/2 regardless of who comes off the bench there should be decent minutes for all of them (even if Hayes slip over to the two every now and then).

IMO Sims is a little under rated on this board. TBH I am a little shocked that Minny hasn't brought her back yet, I still think they might but I am less sure than before

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/21/21 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
IMO Sims is a little under rated on this board. TBH I am a little shocked that Minny hasn't brought her back yet, I still think they might but I am less sure than before

Idk. To me, she's good – definitely good enough to remain in this League – but not great. Her stats seem to agree, with her highest PPG coming from her first two years, and her generally putrid 3PT% her whole career. Super up & down. Far from her lockdown defender status & darn near 30-PPG average her last year at Baylor. I guess I'd call her a bit overrated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/22/21 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Hasn’t cleared waivers yet, Lynx aren’t bringing her back for $119K. Especially with the protection on her contract..

PostPosted: 02/22/21 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Hasn’t cleared waivers yet, Lynx aren’t bringing her back for $119K. Especially with the protection on her contract..

I thought enough time had passed for her to be clear
when is she clear Monday?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/22/21 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

10 days to clear, she was waived on the 15th, so the 25th.

On an unrelated note, 10 days to clear waivers in this league is somewhat silly, IMO.

PostPosted: 02/22/21 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

10 days to clear, she was waived on the 15th, so the 25th.

On an unrelated note, 10 days to clear waivers in this league is somewhat silly, IMO.

my bad I thought it was 3 days

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/22/21 2:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I takes either 10 days or 48 hours to clear waivers, depending on the time of year. 10 days at the moment, as mavcarter said.

Although New York would be the only team ahead of Atlanta in the queue for Sims, and it seems unlikely they'd be interested, so if the Dream put in a claim they really might as well just give her to them. Amusingly that would then give Indiana enough room to make an Ndour trade, if they wanted to.

PostPosted: 02/22/21 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I takes either 10 days or 48 hours to clear waivers, depending on the time of year.

48 hours seems fair for the whole year, IMO.

PostPosted: 02/22/21 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims, Carter, Williams ... how long will it take before they steal the ball from each other?

PostPosted: 02/22/21 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims is so not coming to Atlanta

PostPosted: 02/22/21 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly is back in the news. She is also thinking of running again for Senate in 2022.

www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/loeffler-launches-group-to-boost-gop-turnout-promote-big-tent-policies/LDK7XT55FJFGDGDUQ3B3737R2U/

"The former financial executive framed the launch Monday of the Greater Georgia organization as a Republican answer to the powerful Fair Fight voting rights group that Stacey Abrams started days after her 2018 defeat in the race for governor.

In her first extensive interview since her Jan. 5 loss to Raphael Warnock, Loeffler said the group will focus on a trio of initiatives: Registering droves of likely conservative voters, building a network to promote “big tent” proposals and advocating for conservative electoral policies."

"Lauren Groh-Wargo, chief executive of Fair Fight Action and a top Abrams aide, dismissed the Republican’s new venture.

“If Kelly Loeffler wants to spend even more of her money on losing causes, she is free to do so,” she said. “And she is free to appropriately name her group ‘Unfair Fight.’”

The article also mentions that David Purdue and Doug Collins are also thinking of running against Warnock in 2022. It will be interesting to see where Kelly stands after Trump announces his list of "Enemies of the People". She did abandon Trump's bid to overturn the election on Jan. 6 after the riot so I would think she will be on it.

Last edited by Randy on 02/22/21 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/22/21 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was less interesting than Sims or Ndour, although arguably a better fit than either: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1363902981444423685?s=20

PostPosted: 02/22/21 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It was less interesting than Sims or Ndour, although arguably a better fit than either: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1363902981444423685?s=20

love SWK! She's a good fit here. One of her off court attributes is humbleness and on a team like this where there are plenty of egos, that will be helpful! But she is also a skilled player.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/22/21 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

love SWK! She's a good fit here. One of her off court attributes is humbleness and on a team like this where there are plenty of egos, that will be helpful! But she is also a skilled player.

I agree. Though they’d need to find the minutes for her behind CWill, Hayes, and/or Stricklen. By now, the Dream should really get rid of their McCoughtry-era holdovers imo (Hayes, and either EWill or Billings). This roster is too crowded for who it has on it at this point in time.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/22/21 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes that move makes a lot of sense, she can shoot, and seems like a good compliment to their more ball dominant players

Carter/
C. Williams/SWK/Davis
Hayes/Strickland
E. Will/Hawkins/Billings
Ch. Parker/Brown

pick 3

I guess they technically still have Cazorla and Dietrick as options for the back up PG spot and they have two picks to address that as well

I agree that maybe it is time to try and trade E. Will or Hayes both or still on old CBA contracts so I would think someone out there would be interested

I think based on need E. Will for Ty Harris makes a lot of sense for both teams
or
pick #4 for Hayes works as well IMO
If Indy wants to be better now adding another vet who can play some SF to their team would be an improvement, they still have plenty of youth to develop and Atl could pick a PG (Evans) with one pick and R. Davis with the other, maybe even put Davis right into the starting line up adding some size to the perimeter with Carter and C. Williams

Randy

PostPosted: 02/22/21 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like SWK much better than Sims for a year. Some good ideas J-Spoon.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/22/21 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hayes is a vastly superior player to the Stricklen we saw last season, so I doubt they're trading Hayes away for anything that doesn't help immediately. Collen's job is too likely to be in joepardy if they suck yet again this season. Better to have a perimeter that's undersized rather than one that has the 2020 version of Stricklen anywhere near it.

PostPosted: 02/22/21 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stricklen is also about the only Dream player not playing overseas now.......The 2021 version may not be any better than the 2020 version. Sad

StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/24/21 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maybe we ought to have a WNBA Owners Hall of Shame poll. Which WNBA owner was the WOAT (Worst of All Time)? Loeffler, Hideous Lord Jimmy, Paula Madison? The Maloofs? The Mystics owners Ted and Sheila. All have gotten a bit of un-love around here.....

My vote for the worst WNBA owner of all-time goes to Robert Johnson, who owned the Charlotte Sting. Evil or Very Mad

Runners-up: Gordon Gund (Cleveland Rockers), the Maloofs (Sacramento Monarchs), and then Hideous Lord Jimmy.
Mad

PostPosted: 02/24/21 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Randy wrote:
Maybe we ought to have a WNBA Owners Hall of Shame poll. Which WNBA owner was the WOAT (Worst of All Time)? Loeffler, Hideous Lord Jimmy, Paula Madison? The Maloofs? The Mystics owners Ted and Sheila. All have gotten a bit of un-love around here.....

My vote for the worst WNBA owner of all-time goes to Robert Johnson, who owned the Charlotte Sting. Evil or Very Mad

Runners-up: Gordon Gund (Cleveland Rockers), the Maloofs (Sacramento Monarchs), and then Hideous Lord Jimmy.
Mad

All of them worse than Kelly? First she loses the election, now she can't even win an unpopularity contest..... Razz

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/24/21 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
Randy wrote:

Mad

All of them worse than Kelly? First she loses the election, now she can't even win an unpopularity contest..... Razz

It 'helps' that her team is still around. I can't recall how much of the Sparks almost leaving LA (or worse) was Paula Madison's fault, but the fact that that type of doomsday scenario for the League almost happened could probably allow some consideration for her as well. Not that Loeffler wasn't/hasn't been on her way to running the team into the ground herself...

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/24/21 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Maloofs are the worst owners in WNBA history. Period.*

* I may be biased. #HateHard

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/25/21 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cazorla suspended for the season, as of yesterday. Not a surprise, really, but does at least get her off the cap early.

PostPosted: 02/25/21 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's been about a month now since LeBron James said that he would be interested in being part of a group to buy the Atlanta Dream. So, has anyone heard about how this is coming along? Is he still interested? Or was it all just talk and no action (which reminds me of the Toronto WNBA franchise proposal in 2019)?

PostPosted: 02/25/21 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
It's been about a month now since LeBron James said that he would be interested in being part of a group to buy the Atlanta Dream. So, has anyone heard about how this is coming along? Is he still interested? Or was it all just talk and no action (which reminds me of the Toronto WNBA franchise proposal in 2019)?

It was reported in a local TV news story that a sale was about to happen around Jan. 20th. At that time they said it was unlikely to be a ownership group that included any NBA players because of unspecified NBA rules. Since then nothing seems to have happened and I'm now doubting any sale will take place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 8 of 23

Jump to: