RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/09/21 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Hawks studio/NBA TV double-dip must pay better than I'd thought. She still calling Skyhawks games?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
dreamfan11

PostPosted: 02/09/21 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, this is a TERRIBLE draft - so the idea of trading E for #7, or anything other than gets a top 3 pick is really wasted....

pilight

PostPosted: 02/10/21 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I ran Similarity Scores for Renee Montgomery and got three over 900...

Kristi Toliver 931
Kara Lawson 925
Ivory Latta 916

Obviously her draft mate, Toliver, is still playing and will likely finish with numbers that resemble Montgomery's even less. Montgomery has the opposite issue from when we looked at Langhorne. Where CLang was much better than her one comp, Monty is noticeably inferior to her first two comps. Despite the numbers, I'd say Latta is a much better match than the others.

PostPosted: 02/10/21 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I ran Similarity Scores for Renee Montgomery and got three over 900...

Kristi Toliver 931
Kara Lawson 925
Ivory Latta 916

Obviously her draft mate, Toliver, is still playing and will likely finish with numbers that resemble Montgomery's even less. Montgomery has the opposite issue from when we looked at Langhorne. Where CLang was much better than her one comp, Monty is noticeably inferior to her first two comps. Despite the numbers, I'd say Latta is a much better match than the others.

Yeah, all three make sense in the 'scoring guards who often played sorta-point' player-type, but I agree on Latta in terms of the level. A useful backup who could win a game on their day, but if they were a regular starter you probably weren't a great team.

PostPosted: 02/11/21 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Whatever happened to this team being sold imminently?

This has been put on the back burner, in light of the massive free agency news of the past week.

But it is curious ... and it leaves us wondering as to when it will occur and when it will be announced.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/11/21 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Whatever happened to this team being sold imminently?

This has been put on the back burner, in light of the massive free agency news of the past week.

But it is curious ... and it leaves us wondering as to when it will occur and when it will be announced.

I'm thinking it has moved from "when" to "if"....unless you have an inside scoop.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/13/21 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream acquire Yvonne Turner from Phoenix for a 2022 third round pick

#NATC

PostPosted: 02/13/21 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting, since the Dream have no money. Assuming it’s a training camp contract for Turner? Unless they cut someone.

PostPosted: 02/13/21 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Interesting, since the Dream have no money. Assuming it’s a training camp contract for Turner? Unless they cut someone.

They could also just have traded for her rights. But yes, if she signed/signs anything, it has to be training camp unless they cut someone to make more room.

PostPosted: 02/13/21 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

They could also just have traded for her rights. But yes, if she signed/signs anything, it has to be training camp unless they cut someone to make more room.

You’re right.

Would think they Atlanta would want a more calming presence as a guard in the second unit, like Carzola. I have no opinion on how good Turner is a playing point, seemed more like a two guard to me.

PostPosted: 02/13/21 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gawd - I can't think of 2 players I'm less enthused about than Cazorla and Turner. If only they had kept the first Turner they had.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/13/21 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream would like to express their appreciation for the services they will not receive from the 2022 draft pick: https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1360673898061258754

PostPosted: 02/13/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
The Dream would like to express their appreciation for the services they will not receive from the 2022 draft pick: https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1360673898061258754

Omg what is thisssssss!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

uptochallenge

PostPosted: 02/15/21 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

You’re right.

Would think they Atlanta would want a more calming presence as a guard in the second unit, like Carzola. I have no opinion on how good Turner is a playing point, seemed more like a two guard to me.

What happened to Dietrick?

PostPosted: 02/15/21 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Stormeo"][quote="Queenie"]The Dream would like to express their appreciation for the services they will not receive from the 2022 draft pick: https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1360673898061258754[/quote]

Omg what is thisssssss!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

THIS IS VERY FUNNY! The team is getting more and more witty and creative! Also, Maite may have commitments with the Spanish National Team - TBD; And Yvonne, she is a solid - mature - backup unless they make another move or trade, or wait for the draft. Dallas controlling first two picks will determine that.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/21/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaela Davis has been re-signed.

Quote:
[Davis] is currently playing with Maccabi Ra’anana in Israel, where she is averaging an impressive 21.3 points and 6.8 rebounds per game in the D1 league.

Wouldn't have guessed Davis would be re-signed before Dietrick...

Perhaps more notably, the Dream have also waived Brittany Brewer and Mikayla Pivec.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/21/21 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All Davis has done is sign her qualifying offer, so the timing wasn't really in Atlanta's control. Dietrick might think she has some shot at getting more than the minimum, hence waiting.

You have to wonder if there was some reason that the Dream cut two players to create 120k of extra cap room. Hopefully for Atlanta fans, it wasn't just so that they could offer Dietrick that extra money...

PostPosted: 02/21/21 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Dietrick could be worth anything higher than the min is remarkable. Even then, it ain't (or at least shouldn't be) much more. Still, we didn't exactly see Dietrick get re-signed as well right after Brewer & Pivec were waived...

willtalk

PostPosted: 02/21/21 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Kaela Davis has been re-signed.

Quote:
[Davis] is currently playing with Maccabi Ra’anana in Israel, where she is averaging an impressive 21.3 points and 6.8 rebounds per game in the D1 league.

Wouldn't have guessed Davis would be re-signed before Dietrick...

Perhaps more notably, the Dream have also waived Brittany Brewer and Mikayla Pivec.
Pivc being waived is no surprise. She was not very successful wiith the Spanish league team. As the season wore on her playing time diminished until she just left the team.

PostPosted: 02/21/21 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm amazed that any kind of news got announced on a Sunday afternoon, to be honest. If the second stage was, hypothetically, something like an Astou Ndour trade, then the trade call probably wouldn't happen until tomorrow when the league office is open for business.

PostPosted: 02/21/21 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Pivec being waived is no surprise. She was not very successful wiith the Spanish league team. As the season wore on her playing time diminished until she just left the team.

Nothing about this is particularly intriguing, quite frankly. I wouldn't mind the Storm giving Pivec a look, but I don't think we're even gonna give our own 3rd rounder from last year a look. Oh, well.

Here's something a little more interesting: Rennia Davis to Atlanta confirmed?

Quote:
Grateful to be watching some top 25 wcbb @UGA_WBB @LadyVol_Hoops #sociallydistancedscouting

Collen hadn't tweeted about live-scouting prior to this, but maybe scouts/people weren't allowed into arenas in Georgia until recently. Even if that's the case, it's convenient timing that Davis & the Lady Vols were in town now to take on the local Bulldogs. I don't think Collen was there to scout Jenna Staiti, per se. Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/21/21 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
All Davis has done is sign her qualifying offer, so the timing wasn't really in Atlanta's control. Dietrick might think she has some shot at getting more than the minimum, hence waiting.

You have to wonder if there was some reason that the Dream cut two players to create 120k of extra cap room. Hopefully for Atlanta fans, it wasn't just so that they could offer Dietrick that extra money...

Sims?

I had Atl high on my list until I realized they couldn't afford her

Sims seems like a good fit with Carter or C. Williams

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/21/21 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
willtalk wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Pivec being waived is no surprise. She was not very successful wiith the Spanish league team. As the season wore on her playing time diminished until she just left the team.

Nothing about this is particularly intriguing, quite frankly. I wouldn't mind the Storm giving Pivec a look, but I don't think we're even gonna give our own 3rd rounder from last year a look. Oh, well.

Here's something a little more interesting: Rennia Davis to Atlanta confirmed?

Quote:
Grateful to be watching some top 25 wcbb @UGA_WBB @LadyVol_Hoops #sociallydistancedscouting

Collen hadn't tweeted about live-scouting prior to this, but maybe scouts/people weren't allowed into arenas in Georgia until recently. Even if that's the case, it's convenient timing that Davis & the Lady Vols were in town now to take on the local Bulldogs. I don't think Collen was there to scout Jenna Staiti, per se. Laughing

Davis and Sims

Carter/(pick 15 if they can afford it)
Sims/C. Williams
Hayes/R. Davis/Strickland
E. Will/Hawkins/Billings
Ch. Parker/Brown

Randy

PostPosted: 02/21/21 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd rather trade for Ndour than do a one year rental of Sims. We already have C-Will and don't need Sims. I still like K. Davis as a backup 3. Who else do they have anyway?

I figure that if Davis looks like something close to a 3 pick, the Dream won't be able to resist to drafting a LV player.

Finally, speaking of the Dream, I am so grateful I didn't hold my breath waiting for the imminent sale of the team to take place.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/21 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Sims/C. Williams

Man, if Sims rates ahead of CWill, Minnesota better get Sims back.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 7 of 23

Jump to: