Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/24/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Somewhere in 2020 Gray has surpassed Thornton in every aspect of the game. Excepting maybe her defense, but it is close. Gray is effective on without having to look crazy intense.

The players that cannot be traded In my view are: Gray, Arike, Sabally and Mabrey. The rest can be packaged or chopped. Except Harrison. She can only go if they get done post strength.

The one I’d most like traded is Bibb

They could go shopping at Washington. A lot of over achievers there this year that won’t get enough minutes next season.

There are some people (not me) that are saying that Dallas needs to see what they can get for Arike and Mabrey, and build around Sabally. There will be more shots for the others players on the team that Arike took and missed.

Thank goodness whoever feels that way is not running this organization!!!

What if Arike in Dallas is what Harden was to Houston?

I like Arike, she seems like a great woman and she's an incredible player, but man, she jacks up a loootttttt of shots. Like, a lot. Does she really make her team better(or will she ever) or does she just score?

You make a VERY valid point and pose a good question....I'm just not willing to find out at this point!!!😁😜🤓

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/24/21 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody’s trading Arike so whoever those “ a lot “ of people are can go to bed .

PostPosted: 01/27/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Even thou I'm changing the subject...I have a feeling Allisha won't be suiting up for us after free agency is over! What are your thoughts on her?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/27/21 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Girl stop. You claim nobody is ever leaving Dallas and then turn on them when they do. Fragile Dallas fans. I swear.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/27/21 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Girl stop. You claim nobody is ever leaving Dallas and then turn on them when they do. Fragile Dallas fans. I swear.

Huh? Ok I’m not a girl and I know this bit of information for sure ! Who are you? No disrespect Laughing The topic is are we trading Arike not is she leaving soooo yeah girl ok?

PostPosted: 01/27/21 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just like Cambage and Skyler were ride or die for Dallas and never leaving....

But now that they have you trash talk them.

You must have Bibb on speed dial. Rolling Eyes

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/27/21 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Even though I'm changing the subject...I have a feeling Allisha won't be suiting up for us after free agency is over! What are your thoughts on her?

I know you didn't ask me lol, but Dallas needs Allisha Gray; imo she's the Wings' most consistent player on both sides of the ball. Wings need to match any offer sheet she signs, even if it's an overpay (I don't suspect she'll be getting a max deal from another team, but even then).

The only way y'all should give Allisha Gray up is in a blockbuster trade to get an established superstar – such as Brittney Griner.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Even though I'm changing the subject...I have a feeling Allisha won't be suiting up for us after free agency is over! What are your thoughts on her?

I know you didn't ask me lol, but Dallas needs Allisha Gray; imo she's the Wings' most consistent player on both sides of the ball. Wings need to match any offer sheet she signs, even if it's an overpay (I don't suspect she'll be getting a max deal from another team, but even then).

The only way y'all should give Allisha Gray up is in a blockbuster trade to get an established superstar – such as Brittney Griner.

I am thinking Howard

Howard for A. Gray and pick #5

(Seattle gets Gray on a cheaper deal than Howards super max frees up money to sign Clark and Bird and can use #5 pick on best available player also on rookie contract to grow with team post Bird and Clark years. Dallas gets all star level post to make big 3 with Arike and Sabally)

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/27/21 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paying AGray the kind of money she's likely to get makes no sense on a team that already has Loyd and Clark on the wing. If she ends up in Seattle, it'd surely be as a replacement for Clark, not on the same roster as her.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I am thinking Howard

(Seattle gets Gray on a cheaper deal than Howards super max frees up money to sign Clark and Bird and can use #5 pick on best available player also on rookie contract to grow with team post Bird and Clark years. Dallas gets all star level post to make big 3 with Arike and Sabally)

No tea no shade, but having A. Gray and Clark on the same team (on veteran contracts, no less) seems completely pointless. If Clark left, then I'd want Allisha Gray – but I'd also want to keep Howard.

What we'd need is post help if we traded Howard away. I'd first offer Howard for Sabally straight-up! (Resist your initial urge to decline & think it over Wink ) But I'd also accept Howard for Harrison + the Wings' 2022 1RP.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I am thinking Howard

No tea no shade, but having A. Gray and Clark on the same team (on veteran contracts, no less) seems completely pointless. If Clark left, then I'd want Allisha Gray – but I'd also want to keep Howard.

What we'd need is post help if we traded Howard away. I'd first offer Howard for Sabally straight-up! (Resist your initial urge to decline & think it over Wink ) But I'd also accept Howard for Harrison + the Wings' 2022 1RP.

I was thinking Gray could get starters minutes off the bench backing up Loyd, Clark and even Bird sometimes (I see her more as a 6 woman on a championship team), but same idea Clark signs somewhere else and Seattle can keep Whitcomb.

I also see Clark in the 120 to 150k range but maybe I am under valuing

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/27/21 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I was thinking Gray could get starters minutes off the bench backing up Loyd, Clark and even Bird sometimes (I see her more as a 6 woman on a championship team), but same idea Clark signs somewhere else and Seattle can keep Whitcomb.

Not nearly enough minutes to go around for her imo, assuming we'd be able to re-sign Whitcomb in the event of trading away Howard. Even without both Clark & Whitcomb: if Gray backed up both SG and SF positions, that's still maybe 25 minutes? I'd want Allisha Gray in the 25-30 minute range, though that's getting to be a little arbitrary.

J-Spoon wrote:
I also see Clark in the 120 to 150k range but maybe I am under valuing

In terms of her valuation, I really don't think she'd value herself below $160-170k. She has a League-wide reputation now as a legit 3-and-D player, which is not easy to find. Yes, she's in her mid-30s, but we all know how consistent she's been on both sides of the ball for the past few years now and she just turned in her best statistical season. What is age these days, truly? I'm sure her agent is out there demanding a reg. max long-term deal from teams with the expectation that it'll go down in $ from there, but not by a whole lot.

PostPosted: 01/27/21 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I do def agree we need allisha!

PostPosted: 01/28/21 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Gray is staying

PostPosted: 01/28/21 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I'm surprised. But good for Dallas.

- Amanda Gorman
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 01/28/21 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

Why surprised and how do we know. She is my favorite Wing.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/28/21 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

Why surprised and how do we know. She is my favorite Wing.

I thought she would get some nice offers elsewhere...where she might get more minutes/more usage.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 01/29/21 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think the Wings are stuck with Ndour. KLS and Gustafson can certainly be dumped.

Is this the player you want to dump? Are you sure about that?

With Allisha Gray being signed, that gives Dallas 12 players under contract for 2021. Four are guaranteed contracts: Gray (most likely), Ndour (thru 2022), Jefferson (thru 2022), and Thornton (thru 2021).

Thornton is a cheap contract. I think she’d be easy to trade to a team like SEA that might need a cheap vet SF. SEA org wants to win. DAL fans don’t care about winning. They just want to have a bunch of their favorite young college players on their team.

Harrison has a fairly hefty contract but it shows up as non-guaranteed. Is she cuttable? Does another team want to trade for her in exchange for future consideration?

I think Gustafson is the only fairly painless cut, and it gets painful right after that. Are you going to cut last year’s #5 pick to make room for this year’s #5 pick? Doesn’t really make much sense. I think Dallas is going to try to trade some picks and/or players so they don’t have to end up cutting good players like they’ve done before.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/29/21 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where does it show that Harrison’s contract is non guaranteed?

Her Hoop Stats has it as protected.

PostPosted: 01/29/21 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
I think the Wings are stuck with Ndour. KLS and Gustafson can certainly be dumped.

With Allisha Gray being signed, that gives Dallas 12 players under contract for 2021. Four are guaranteed contracts: Gray (most likely), Ndour (thru 2022), Jefferson (thru 2022), and Thornton (thru 2021).

Thornton is a cheap contract. I think she’d be easy to trade to a team like SEA that might need a cheap vet SF. SEA org wants to win. DAL fans don’t care about winning. They just want to have a bunch of their favorite young college players on their team.

Harrison has a fairly hefty contract but it shows up as non-guaranteed. Is she cuttable? Does another team want to trade for her in exchange for future consideration?

I think Gustafson is the only fairly painless cut, and it gets painful right after that. Are you going to cut last year’s #5 pick to make room for this year’s #5 pick? Doesn’t really make much sense. I think Dallas is going to try to trade some picks and/or players so they don’t have to end up cutting good players like they’ve done before.

I was thinking about Lou the other day after watching some of her games. Obviously I'm a UCONN fan and I love her, so I want her to succeed, but I doubted if she could for the last two seasons. She isn't athletic and will have a hard time defending 3's.

With that being said though, Lou has three very good qualities-she is a very smart basketball player, she can pass the ball very well, and she is probably one of the better shooters at her height; the game has ever seen. Players who are uber-athletic can generally acclimate to the pro game better. A player like Lou, with one fantastic skill that is unique to her size, and a great head on her shoulders and feel for the game, could be someone who could be a real asset as the non go-to player or 6th man as she learns the pro game and adapts to it.

Am I being a total UCONN homer here(and you can say if I am)? Or could I be correct.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/29/21 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

No, I wasn't saying I hopes she's leaving (she's my favorite player) I terrified she was leaving because I felt someone else would outbid us for her😲

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/29/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

No, I wasn't saying I hopes she's leaving (she's my favorite player) I terrified she was leaving because I felt someone else would outbid us for her😲

Good thing Gray's sticking around then!
Wait, I need to know what you thought of the trade I proposed on the Storm thread. Honestly can't tell if "WOW" means "let's do that trade today!" or "stfu you're fleecin' us" Laughing

PostPosted: 01/29/21 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

. DAL fans don’t care about winning. They just want to have a bunch of their favorite young college players on their team.

ouch:!:

But Shades is right about Dallas should be looking to trade some players for future picks or they end up just giving a bunch of players away for free. Since this years draft is so weak they could easily bundle some of these picks in as well.

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 01/29/21 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/29/21 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

WOW....So we don't care about winning, we only care about seeing our favorite college players play here!

Are you serious? I'm going to assume you didn't really mean that because it sounds like not only an insult to us season ticket holders, it also sounds as if you're throwing shade at the entire region as if we're too fuckin stupid to know the difference or lack expectations of any kind, just as long as we're being entertained!

What makes you so more "enlightened" than all of us poor, backwards, dumb folk out here in no man's land they call Texas...I'm sure you've never heard of the place before?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/29/21 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Good thing Gray's sticking around then!
Wait, I need to know what you thought of the trade I proposed on the Storm thread. Honestly can't tell if "WOW" means "let's do that trade today!" or "stfu you're fleecin' us" Laughing

Minus the stfu part, you were definately fleecing us 😁😁😁

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: