RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/16/20 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I would've liked to see Agler make Thornton into Alysha Clark's image from his time with the Storm, for example.

this. I've really like Thornton and she looks like she 'could' become an Alysha Clark, so what happened this year? Obviously Satou took a lot of her minutes even though I thought they could both be on the floor together but somehow that didn't work out very well for her.

If he doesn't want to play them together, then to me, Thornton is definitely worth something for a trade to the right team.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/16/20 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alarie was way better than I expected her to be. Very raw but showed good instincts. It's a HUGE step from Ivy League to the pros. I would keep her on my bench and let her mature if at all possible.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/16/20 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so...if you shitcan 80% of the team, the big question is 'who do you get back that is better?' and the second question is 'if you don't want them, why do you think another team would?'

I did mean all of the posts, not all of them (although, I'm also not sold on Samuelson's fit with this team lol). Though calling it a 'fire sale' was probably a little ambitious. Gustafson has no trade value. Trading Alarie I'm guessing isn't realistic (though we do all know Reeve & the Lynx were gunning for her). It's really just Ndour and Harrison (and Thornton, if ya consider her a post). They're all still youngish & experienced, so I think teams would bite if the deals were even enough for Dallas. Other teams' posts like Dolson, Breland, Achonwa, E. Williams, B. Jones could all be on the trading block depending on their own respective teams' circumstances. And Dallas has enough assets to, say, convert a player + a pick into another player. Why? It's all about fit. 2021 will see 6 or 7 teams trying to legitimately contend. The other 5 or 6 teams may not be content to sit around and be bad if they're not already satisfied with what they have. It's a big "If", but we saw a bunch of movement last free agency, and under this new salary range, more is simply possible. Value is perceived differently now, and yadda yadda yadda... I feel like I just can't shut up during the end of a team's season - so much to say, so many possibilities! 🤡

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/17/20 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so...if you shitcan 80% of the team, the big question is 'who do you get back that is better?' and the second question is 'if you don't want them, why do you think another team would?'

Bella Alarie May become serviceable, but the Wings need a physical presence. Someone who posts hard, makes a hard move, and plays big defense. I see Minnesota playing better without Syl. Maybe she wants to Come to Dallas.

Even Dolson, for just a fraction of what she is currently getting paid would possibly be a positive for the Wings.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/17/20 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bring BG to Texas!

Bring Syl to Texas! They can play 4 and 5

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/23/20 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Bring BG to Texas!

Well... maybe so. If y'all WFFLs really want her. Shocked (see Merc thread)

DFWub2018 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
How is there still no explanation for BG leaving the bubble?

I'm sure it had to do with Skylar whining and complaining that all the attention she got from the front office when she initially signed has since faded and refocused on BG as the key to them making it to the finals, but she became so butt hurt that BG finally had enough, so she bounced to prove whose more important to this team!!!

Well, DFWub, it seems you were right about whining and butthurtness leading to BG leaving the wubble... but it wasn't coming from Skylar. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/23/20 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/23/20 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Bring BG to Texas!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 09/24/20 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Bring BG to Texas!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

That will be a lovely sight to see. Griner or Fowles trying to play the power forward position. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/24/20 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My wishlist:
Alysha Clark
Cheyenne Parker
Mercedes Russell
Elizabeth Williams

Draft: Rennia Davis and Evina Westbrook

Trade:
Thornton(if you get Clark)
KLS
NDour(if it helps you get any of the wishlist)

Mabrey/Harris
Ogunbowale/Gray/Westbrook
Clark/Davis
Sabally/Harrison/Alarie
Williams/Parker

PostPosted: 09/24/20 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So back in the 2014 Draft, I remember Agler (in his last year with the Storm) once saying that either if the Langhorne trade fell through or if Natalie Achonwa hadn't torn her ACL in the previous Final 4 (or both?) that he was gonna draft and keep Achonwa instead of drafting Bria Hartley as part of that trade. Achonwa's now a UFA and the Wings still need some help in the post, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Wings sign her. Sorry for the randomness of this thought, but it just popped up in my mind.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/24/20 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Achonwa will have plenty of suitors if she doesn't do an extension

PostPosted: 09/24/20 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Just to be wildly pedantic, she can't extend any more. Whether with Indiana or someone else, it's going to be a new contract.

PostPosted: 09/24/20 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Just to be wildly pedantic, she can't extend any more. Whether with Indiana or someone else, it's going to be a new contract.

Can you only be extended once by your team?

PostPosted: 09/24/20 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

You can extend repeatedly and endlessly if you want to, but it has to happen before the end of the regular season in the final year of the contract. We've passed that for Achonwa, so she'll be a UFA (unless cored).

One thing that likely limited the number of extensions this year is that they can only go up 20% from the last year of the existing deal, which means max-level players still on deals from the old CBA couldn't extend at a value anywhere near the new max. If they're looking for new-max money - especially supermax-type levels - they had to let their contracts expire rather than extend.

PostPosted: 09/24/20 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You can extend repeatedly and endlessly if you want to, but it has to happen before the end of the regular season in the final year of the contract. We've passed that for Achonwa, so she'll be a UFA (unless cored). One thing that likely limited the number of extensions this year is that they can only go up 20% from the last year of the existing deal, which means max-level players still on deals from the old CBA couldn't extend at a value anywhere near the new max. If they're looking for new-max money - especially supermax-type levels - they had to let their contracts expire rather than extend.

This is why you are the GOAT. Laughing Very Happy

#NATC

PostPosted: 09/24/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
You can extend repeatedly and endlessly if you want to, but it has to happen before the end of the regular season in the final year of the contract. We've passed that for Achonwa, so she'll be a UFA (unless cored). One thing that likely limited the number of extensions this year is that they can only go up 20% from the last year of the existing deal, which means max-level players still on deals from the old CBA couldn't extend at a value anywhere near the new max. If they're looking for new-max money - especially supermax-type levels - they had to let their contracts expire rather than extend.

x2

And if there's one word that comes to mind when I think of Achonwa's value, it's supermax.
Well, I mean ... I can't blame anyone for trying, anyway.
It'll be interesting to see how the salaries are distributed now that teams can't just throw a max contract at everyone in their main rotation.

PostPosted: 09/24/20 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

x2

And if there's one word that comes to mind when I think of Achonwa's value, it's supermax.
Well, I mean ... I can't blame anyone for trying, anyway.
It'll be interesting to see how the salaries are distributed now that teams can't just throw a max contract at everyone in their main rotation.

True. I made a similar comment in the 2021 free agency thread.

PostPosted: 09/25/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Bring BG to Texas!

Well... maybe so. If y'all WFFLs really want her. Shocked (see Merc thread)

DFWub2018 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
How is there still no explanation for BG leaving the bubble?

I'm sure it had to do with Skylar whining and complaining that all the attention she got from the front office when she initially signed has since faded and refocused on BG as the key to them making it to the finals, but she became so butt hurt that BG finally had enough, so she bounced to prove whose more important to this team!!!

Well, DFWub, it seems you were right about whining and butthurtness leading to BG leaving the wubble... but it wasn't coming from Skylar. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

LOL, I still blame her anyway 😎😎😎

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/25/20 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
My wishlist:
Alysha Clark
Cheyenne Parker
Mercedes Russell
Elizabeth Williams

Draft: Rennia Davis and Evina Westbrook

Trade:
Thornton(if you get Clark)
KLS
NDour(if it helps you get any of the wishlist)

Mabrey/Harris
Ogunbowale/Gray/Westbrook
Clark/Davis
Sabally/Harrison/Alarie
Williams/Parker

I said awhile back that Bibb blew it when he had the chance to get Mercedes Russell after she was cut, but a better run organization like Seattle saw the opportunity real quick and swooped her up asap!!!

What about Collier if she declares?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/25/20 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
So back in the 2014 Draft, I remember Agler (in his last year with the Storm) once saying that either if the Langhorne trade fell through or if Natalie Achonwa hadn't torn her ACL in the previous Final 4 (or both?) that he was gonna draft and keep Achonwa instead of drafting Bria Hartley as part of that trade. Achonwa's now a UFA and the Wings still need some help in the post, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Wings sign her. Sorry for the randomness of this thought, but it just popped up in my mind.

I was thinking about that earlier in the week but I have mixed feelings about the whole idea. I'm not sure if I like or if I would pass on it!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/25/20 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

You can extend repeatedly and endlessly if you want to, but it has to happen before the end of the regular season in the final year of the contract. We've passed that for Achonwa, so she'll be a UFA (unless cored).

One thing that likely limited the number of extensions this year is that they can only go up 20% from the last year of the existing deal, which means max-level players still on deals from the old CBA couldn't extend at a value anywhere near the new max. If they're looking for new-max money - especially supermax-type levels - they had to let their contracts expire rather than extend.

DAMN, you're like a walking encyclopedia...and I love it 🤓🤓🤓!!!

pilight

PostPosted: 10/13/20 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Even if they're looking at $150k Whitcomb-level deals they had to let the old contract expire

PostPosted: 10/13/20 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Even if they're looking at $150k Whitcomb-level deals they had to let the old contract expire

Yeah, the 126,000 that Minnesota gave Dantas was the absolute max she could jump to as an extension. Someone like Taurasi, on 119,500 from her old deal, could've got to 143,400 on an extension. Anyone hoping for 150+ had to wait.

PostPosted: 10/14/20 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agler out

https://wings.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-and-head-coach-brian-agler-mutually-agree-to-part-ways/

PostPosted: 10/14/20 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Agler out

https://wings.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-and-head-coach-brian-agler-mutually-agree-to-part-ways/

Great move Very Happy

Bye Bye, dont let the door hit you on your way out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23

Jump to: