Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/26/21 6:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
More detail on Ndour: https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1365080465942736905?s=20

A buyout certainly makes more sense than just waiving her in her entirety like the Wings’ press release suggested (still, I probably should’ve known better than to take an official WNBA press release at face-value Laughing ). Still a little surprised they didn’t give her another year where things could’ve been different under a new coach, but oh well.

Once she clears waivers, maybe she’ll somehow find her way back to the Sky. Or I wonder if the Storm would give her a chance, given the Dan Hughes connection. On a non-guaranteed vet min deal, I’d be all for it – if she’s even still looking to play in the League at any point this year (based on the ‘team-friendly’ buyout %, it seems like she is though?).

If Ezi is coming over then i dont want Ndour taking minutes from her and from Russell. They have a lot more potential.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 03/08/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the Wings gave away Azura Stevens to pay Ndour a max contract to sit on the bench for 1 shortened year. Sounds about right for the Wings. Even with the Sky being my former number one team, and now my very close 2nd, this pisses me off. The Sky better just go ahead and win it all in 2021 to relieve this anger.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 03/12/21 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got word from our ticket rep that the Wings will be allowing people in to the stands to watch the games. Gotta get my partner vaccinated and we are there!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/12/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Got word from our ticket rep that the Wings will be allowing people in to the stands to watch the games. Gotta get my partner vaccinated and we are there!

All this time I thought you were in Chicago because of the name you chose 🙉 but thanks for the update because I hadn't heard any news at all!!!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 03/12/21 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just read the WSJ article with Cathy where she indicates they haven't ruled out another bubble season. It'll be interesting to see what happens as the W could potentially have fans in the stands this summer. No shade but they could probably pull in their typical numbers and still do socially distanced seating.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/13/21 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

March 12, 2021
Dallas Wings: Luisa Geiselsoder – Sign Rookie Scale Contract

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/13/21 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting. Wonder if they approached her or she approached them about coming over this year. With all their picks, it seems unlikely she will make the team...but who knows, she might be better than them. Still, it's pretty hard for them to just waive any high 1st round picks. Does this mean they're still trying to trade some of them?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/13/21 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Does this mean they're still trying to trade some of them?

It could be indicative of a big trade looming. But it’s Bibb, so who knows. Maybe the trade has to happen on draft night depending on how the draft goes.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 03/13/21 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

All this time I thought you were in Chicago because of the name you chose 🙉 but thanks for the update because I hadn't heard any news at all!!!

Was a Sky fan from their first game. Season ticket holders all but the very first year until we moved. Then thought we’d support the Wings, but still be Sky fans. Well didn’t take long before the Wings became our number one team. My family enjoys the games. My kiddos play select ball, so we take their teammates and friends with us. Took the entire team one season and they got to meet Azura. I love teaching boys that girls are ballers too.

However, cannot change my moniker as Sloot is my all time fave. She has had many interactions with my kids when we were in Chicago beginning when the youngest was still a baby when she wanted to hold him. Fun that he plays point now, while the older one was close to Syl and now he plays At center.

Interesting though, is the players and organization is so much more available to their fans then Dallas. Don’t know what the issue was driving all the players away in Chicago when they were fabulous to STH. Multiple opportunities for booze and food at the end zone, meet and greets, Q and A with coach before games. When we would travel to see the team we would get free and good tickets. Hopefully the Wings figure it out soon.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/13/21 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

Was a Sky fan from their first game. Season ticket holders all but the very first year until we moved. Then thought we’d support the Wings, but still be Sky fans. Well didn’t take long before the Wings became our number one team. My family enjoys the games. My kiddos play select ball, so we take their teammates and friends with us. Took the entire team one season and they got to meet Azura. I love teaching boys that girls are ballers too.

However, cannot change my moniker as Sloot is my all time fave. She has had many interactions with my kids when we were in Chicago beginning when the youngest was still a baby when she wanted to hold him. Fun that he plays point now, while the older one was close to Syl and now he plays At center.

Interesting though, is the players and organization is so much more available to their fans then Dallas. Don’t know what the issue was driving all the players away in Chicago when they were fabulous to STH. Multiple opportunities for booze and food at the end zone, meet and greets, Q and A with coach before games. When we would travel to see the team we would get free and good tickets. Hopefully the Wings figure it out soon.

Gotcha....I was always a Comets fan back in the day, even thou I'm originally from Southern California, but I immediately became a Wings fan and a STH from the moment we got the team here in Dallas!

Shades

PostPosted: 03/17/21 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally is looking strong today.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Eh2uQZERxv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Milks26

PostPosted: 03/27/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Sabally is looking strong today.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Eh2uQZERxv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After watching Sabally play for the Wings last year she's going to be the better player coming out of her school in 2020. So young in her career but, I can see it

PostPosted: 03/29/21 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alright Bella appears to safe. Dallas would be dumb to lose her. That kid is going to be great. Hopefully it shakes that way

https://share.transistor.fm/s/621d76e4

she's mentioned at 11:18

PostPosted: 03/31/21 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/DallasWings/status/1377337764996292608

Luisa Geiselsöder

I think Dallas jinxed the girl. As as she got a training camp invite after Covid 19 stopped her last year - she gets hurt. Bomber!

PostPosted: 04/01/21 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://share.transistor.fm/s/095dbfe8

Come on #1 pick - right here

PostPosted: 04/02/21 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
https://share.transistor.fm/s/095dbfe8

Come on #1 pick - right here

______________ x This !! Come Come Awak

PostPosted: 04/05/21 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My hope for the draft for Dallas.. I can’t call the draft order but players are listed in terms of my desire at their respective positions:

One of the following for Backup PG or Combo Guard:
Aari McDonald
Dana Evans
Chelsea Dungee
Kysre Gondrezick
Kiana Williams

One of the following SF options:
Rennia Davis
Michaela Onyenwere

2 of the following Post Players(the first two are in no order):
Awak Kuier
Charli Collier
Natasha Mack

If we walk out with this.. I think Dallas is set for the future even more than they already are.

Cut Jefferson. I liked her as a player but health wise she’s giving Monica Wright vibes

PostPosted: 04/05/21 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jefferson have that protected contract though. Why they gave an injury prone player such a thing I have no idea? If they can get rid of her I'm all for it.

Last edited by Milks26 on 04/05/21 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 04/05/21 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Mabrey
AGray/Thornton
Sabally/Alarie
Harrison/Gustafson

Cut
Tradebait

Dallas is at 10 signed players now. They’d need to lose 3 players to add 5 draft picks thru #13.

Don’t think anyone would take on Jefferson’s salary, so probably end up keeping her. They already ate half of Ndour’s lunch.

Gustafson is the star player on her Eurocup team, so wouldn’t that be so Bibb-like to cut Gustafson only to have her turn into a star somewhere else?
Alarie doesn’t seem very relevant overseas but would hate to judge her too quickly if she has potential. Mabrey’s another tough one to move. Might be better to move a draft pick instead of her.

This sample would involve cutting Gustafson and trading Alarie for future consideration.
Harris/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Mabrey/[Dungee or Guirantes] (7)
AGray/Thornton
Sabally/Kuier(2)/Mack(5)
Harrison/Collier(1)

Deal #13 for future second round pick or use it for deferral international pick.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/05/21 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Gustafson is the star player on her Eurocup team, so wouldn’t that be so Bibb-like to cut Gustafson only to have her turn into a star somewhere else?
This sample would involve cutting Gustafson...

Can someone explain why Gustafson isn't cut out for the WNBA? Is it because she's not quite big enough to be an effective 5 yet doesn't have enough of an outside game or enough quickness to be an effective 4?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/06/21 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Can someone explain why Gustafson isn't cut out for the WNBA? Is it because she's not quite big enough to be an effective 5 yet doesn't have enough of an outside game or enough quickness to be an effective 4?

I mean, you pretty much nailed it. Very Happy Players in the W have to sort of fit into a positional mold of sorts when they enter the League.

PGs: Must be able to score; must be able to shoot if they're not quick enough to get to the rim; must have good handles
SGs: Must be able to shoot; must have decent handles
SFs: Must have some level of defensive versatility (ie having to defend a smaller guard at times); must be physical or at least okay with handling physicality; must feel comfortable playing on the perimeter
PFs: Must be mobile on both ends; must have a face-up game; must have enough size
Cs: Must have good length; must be okay with handling physicality; must either have good size, good athleticism, or both

...or thereabouts. That's at least what I've concluded while watching the modern version of the League. A lot of players (not all, but a good handful) don't find a spot in the League because they're considered "tweeners", aka players who can't fit into a particular position in the W. Most tweeners seem to be 3-4 tweeners, since there are so many undersized post players in college who are just too undersized/not athletic enough to play the 4 in the pros, but just can't get comfortable playing on the perimeter at the 3 in the pros either since they've been post players all their lives. Gustafson should she continue to struggle in the W would be a 4-5 tweener, exactly as you described. Players who are called "wing" players in college often end up being 2-3 tweeners as they don't have the physicality/size to play the 3, and they don't have the handles to play the 2. Finally there are 1-2 tweeners – guards who need the ball in their hands & aren't very good at playing off the ball, but also aren't good at/have little experience with running an offense. (Though those tweeners don't seem to be that prevalent imo.)

Conversely, many of the best/most talented players in the W are able to comfortably play multiple positions and find success regardless of which one it is. When you see a player play multiple positions with relative ease, you know you've got a good one.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 04/06/21 2:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your post! Smile It explains a lot.

Stormeo wrote:
undersized post

Also, just wanted to say I caught that^^^ Laughing

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/07/21 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/womenhoops/status/1379853992956735489

PostPosted: 04/11/21 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How do we feel #WFFL’ers about a draft day or post draft trade of #1 & 2 for Jonquel Jones if not BG ALONG with a 22 first rounder? The ladder does not agree with me wbu?

PostPosted: 04/11/21 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
How do we feel #WFFL’ers about a draft day or post draft trade of #1 & 2 for Jonquel Jones if not BG?

Question: How come it seems at least to me like people think Jonquel Jones may be on the trading block? Griner (2020 tumult, TX hometown) and McCowan (seemingly doesn't fit Stanley's system, TX hometown) seemed like more "realistic" possibilities. (Not that anyone's thinking any of these trades'll actually happen at this point...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 9 of 23

Jump to: