Dallas Wings 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/27/20 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Howard is a great player , but im not seeing her addition making Dallas a contender. She was sleepwalking the first half of the season , and came alive a bit towards the end. Yes i would like her as a Wing , but she's not enough and i wouldn't give up Alarie or #5 for her. KLS , Thornton though hmmmmmmm....

I approve this message 🤫

sorry y'all are crazy. Howard makes you instantly a contender. Alarie and or #5 does not even come close.

THIS.
max 10 minutes of Alarie per game and 5th pick in a weak draft Laughing Laughing
That would be robbery and i would be very pissed off if that happens.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/27/20 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so...if you shitcan 80% of the team, the big question is 'who do you get back that is better?' and the second question is 'if you don't want them, why do you think another team would?'

Laughing Laughing Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/27/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Ideal Targets in no particular order .....

Cheyenne Parker
Natasha Howard
Jessica Breland
Chelsea Gray
Tianna Hawkins
Alyssa & or both Jas Thomas Smile

If we could come out with at least 2 of these players above and still have a first round pick Id like to think we would be in good shape !

PostPosted: 10/27/20 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
myrtle wrote:
so...if you shitcan 80% of the team, the big question is 'who do you get back that is better?' and the second question is 'if you don't want them, why do you think another team would?'

Laughing Laughing I don't even remember when I said this, but it has to be one of my better lines!

- Amanda Gorman
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/28/20 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laughing Laughing I don't even remember when I said this, but it has to be one of my better lines!

And still holds relevancy today Laughing Laughing

craigmont

PostPosted: 10/28/20 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
myrtle wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
myrtle wrote:

And still holds relevancy today Laughing Laughing

And fits most of the "trade ideas" on here

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/02/20 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Season In Review: Dallas Wings
December 2, 2020
WNBA.com

Overview:

Leading up to the 2020 season, the Dallas Wings revamped their roster by acquiring second-year guards Marina Mabrey (traded from Los Angeles Sparks) and Katie Lou Samuelson (traded from Chicago Sky). The team also added Astou Ndor (traded from Chicago Sky) to the lineup in 2020. The Wings topped off their squad with three rookies, including Satou Sabally. Unlike other teams in the W, Dallas was not equipped with one true veteran to produce on the floor. Second-year player Arike Ogunbowale traditionally carried most of the workload. Consequently, the Wings finished 2020 with an 8-14 record, marking another losing season. After missing the playoffs, Dallas and former head coach Brian Agler agreed to mutually part ways. Although the young squad experienced some growing pains, there were positives the Wings can take away from this season.

Players such as Marina Mabrey saw a significant jump in playing time. The WNBA leading scorer, Arike Ogunbowale, (averaged 22.8 PPG) proved that she can take over a game, especially in the clutch, and newcomer Satou Sabally played a huge role on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor.

https://www.wnba.com/news/season-in-review-dallas-wings/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/03/20 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDV728PejkE

PostPosted: 12/03/20 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vickie Johnson expected to be named Dallas Wings head coach

https://theathletic.com/2237254/2020/12/03/vickie-johnson-dallas-wings/

#NATC

PostPosted: 12/03/20 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay. Very Happy

PostPosted: 12/03/20 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Yay. Very Happy

Oh god.........I guess VJ won with HC experience over C-Rob ? Not sure how 8-26 can count as success/experience Rolling Eyes. Getting real tired of Bibby bullshit

PostPosted: 12/03/20 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Yay. Very Happy

Oh god.........I guess VJ won with HC experience over C-Rob ? Not sure how 8-26 can count as success/experience Rolling Eyes. Getting real tired of Bibby bullshit

I’m just happy that a black coach got a opportunity. Laughing Embarassed

PostPosted: 12/03/20 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Yay. Very Happy

I’m just happy that a black coach got a opportunity. Laughing Embarassed

Oh that too , but C-Rob is...nvm

PostPosted: 12/03/20 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Yay. Very Happy

I see this as an opportunity to fail. Absent a superstar demanding her way into Dallas (which I don't see happening) this team is at best top of the lottery bunch or very bottom of the playoff group. The former likely gets you a lottery booby prize, the latter a one game exit from the playoffs. It seems that the Wings are a franchise no one good wants to join and a once a young player become good, she wants to leave. So, just like she did with her first opportunity to fail in San Antonio, VJ will succeed in failing again.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/03/20 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In fairness to Vickie Johnson, that San Antonio team was 7-27 the year before. They weren’t expected to do much in 2017. They got the #1 pick in Kelsey Plum, but she was injured almost immediately and never got back on track. It's possible Kelsey played all season without being 100%. Jefferson also wound up injured and was in and out of the lineup. Moriah hasn't been the same since then. The team started 0-15 but finished 8-11 the rest of the way. What you expect from a young, rebuilding team is improvement. Under VJ, the Stars definitely improved as the season went on.

PostPosted: 12/03/20 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It seems that the Wings are a franchise no one good wants to join and a once a young player become good, she wants to leave.

Now with the new CBA, mid-level players might need to become less fussy about where they play if they want a job. Where is Breland gonna end up, if she still wants to play (has a job at Duke now)? Brionna Jones? Most likely these players’ teams won’t be able to afford them this season. Plaisance could return. It should be an interesting free agency.

Randy wrote:
So, just like she did with her first opportunity to fail in San Antonio, VJ will succeed in failing again.

She was coaching fodder her first time around. She was given a one year contract because they intended to sell the club.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 12/03/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong - I wish her well. I just think the Dallas franchise is such that even Coach of the Year for Life Cheryl Reeve would have hard time making this team any better than the 8th place finisher in the standings. She has nothing to lose - she's an assistant coach now and apparently a very good one and will have no trouble finding a similar job if she doesn't succeed in Dallas. All she will have lost is the opportunity to succeed somewhere else someday....

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/03/20 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="WNBA 09"]
mavcarter wrote:
Yay. Very Happy

Oh god.........I guess VJ won with HC experience over C-Rob ? Not sure how 8-26 can count as success/experience Rolling Eyes. Getting real tired of Bibby bullshit[/quote

I've been tired, as you well know!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/21/20 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.kxii.com/2020/12/21/former-wnba-and-sosu-crystal-robinson arrested

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/21/20 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.newsbreak.com/oklahoma/atoka/news/2130400665707/former-wnba-and-sosu-crystal-robinson-arrested

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/05/21 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Speaking about the Sky’s lone draft pick, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Sky draft Iliana Rupert at 8. I forgot James Wade’s nationalities are both American and French. He could also find a way to acquire a late-rounder or two to try & get some other draft-worthy French players, since this is the year to do so.

Noooooooo....I have her on my wish list, besides we need her more than they do😪

If I were the Dallas GM (& I couldn't trade away any of those picks!), I would prefer/go after Awak Kuier over Iliana Rupert, just because of the availability concerns Rupert would bring. Unlike Chicago & New York, there's no French connection (yet) on the Wings that would necessarily entice her to show up.

Man though, what are the Wings to do? There's hardly any more space for more draft picks, let alone three 1st-rounders and as many as a total of five. And the Wings have no business getting younger, being perennially one of the youngest teams in the League. Gotta grow up sometime.

Ok I think I've got it: Bibb drafts both Kuier and Rupert, and then proceeds to attempt to draft more French players with his other three picks (I've heard as many as four French players mentioned as potential 2021 draftees). All the French players being drafted to the same team naturally incentivizes the players to show up & play together. And since no one would take up a roster space in 2021 being all deferral players, the team doesn't technically get younger. Laughing Wings can then wait for them to be available & ready, or trade them in future seasons for continued asset flexibility. And there ya have it! Very Happy

(I'm probably being 60% serious here, fwiw; y'all should probably draft one ready-to-play American player in the first round.)

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/05/21 4:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Speaking about the Sky’s lone draft pick, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Sky draft Iliana Rupert at 8. I forgot James Wade’s nationalities are both American and French. He could also find a way to acquire a late-rounder or two to try & get some other draft-worthy French players, since this is the year to do so.

Noooooooo....I have her on my wish list, besides we need her more than they do😪

If I were the Dallas GM (& I couldn't trade away any of those picks!), I would prefer/go after Awak Kuier over Iliana Rupert, just because of the availability concerns Rupert would bring. Unlike Chicago & New York, there's no French connection (yet) on the Wings that would necessarily entice her to show up.

Man though, what are the Wings to do? There's hardly any more space for more draft picks, let alone three 1st-rounders and as many as a total of five. And the Wings have no business getting younger, being perennially one of the youngest teams in the League. Gotta grow up sometime.

Ok I think I've got it: Bibb drafts both Kuier and Rupert, and then proceeds to attempt to draft more French players with his other three picks (I've heard as many as four French players mentioned as potential 2021 draftees). All the French players being drafted to the same team naturally incentivizes the players to show up & play together. And since no one would take up a roster space in 2021 being all deferral players, the team doesn't technically get younger. Laughing Wings can then wait for them to be available & ready, or trade them in future seasons for continued asset flexibility. And there ya have it! Very Happy

(I'm probably being 60% serious here, fwiw; y'all should probably draft one ready-to-play American player in the first round.)

Hmmmmmnnn...interesting!!! Well, guess we will have to wait and see how creative (not) ole Bibby can be or NOT!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/14/21 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://abc7.com/sports/longtime-wnba-coach-brian-agler-hired-as-wittenberg-university-athletic-director/9630610/

Quote:
"More than anything else, this had to do with my passion for the university," Agler said of taking the job. "It was an easy decision for me to be involved there.

Or has he been blacklisted from the rest of the league at this point ? D3 alma mater congrats either way Snoop.

PostPosted: 01/14/21 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://abc7.com/sports/longtime-wnba-coach-brian-agler-hired-as-wittenberg-university-athletic-director/9630610/

Quote:
"More than anything else, this had to do with my passion for the university," Agler said of taking the job. "It was an easy decision for me to be involved there.

Or has he been blacklisted from the rest of the league at this point ? D3 alma mater congrats either way Snoop.

Snoop *dead*

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/24/21 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Somewhere in 2020 Gray has surpassed Thornton in every aspect of the game. Excepting maybe her defense, but it is close. Gray is effective on without having to look crazy intense.

The players that cannot be traded In my view are: Gray, Arike, Sabally and Mabrey. The rest can be packaged or chopped. Except Harrison. She can only go if they get done post strength.

The one I’d most like traded is Bibb

They could go shopping at Washington. A lot of over achievers there this year that won’t get enough minutes next season.

There are some people (not me) that are saying that Dallas needs to see what they can get for Arike and Mabrey, and build around Sabally. There will be more shots for the others players on the team that Arike took and missed.

Thank goodness whoever feels that way is not running this organization!!!

What if Arike in Dallas is what Harden was to Houston?

I like Arike, she seems like a great woman and she's an incredible player, but man, she jacks up a loootttttt of shots. Like, a lot. Does she really make her team better(or will she ever) or does she just score?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 5 of 23

Jump to: