Liberty
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Mercury
79%
 79%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 39

Shades

PostPosted: 09/20/21 4:06 pm    ::: Liberty @ Mercury - 9/23/21 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs - First Round
Phoenix, AZ - 10:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/bfe87ce3-52b3-446d-9801-60cb1b94c294#bucketId=1

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/liberty-at-mercury-on-09232021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210923/NYLPHO/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401370431

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This should be a good game. Hopefully one that sparks Skylar Diggins-Smith for the rest of the playoffs.

New York is going to compete. I feel better about them than I would vs Washington or LA but I have a feeling in my gut that this is the kind of game that Sabrina will suddenly look like the Sabrina she has the potential to be.

It's a new season now. Will Taurasi play?

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 09/22/21 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the kind of game I thank the inventor of the mute button.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/22/21 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PX is a bad match up for NY

We have no one who can match up with Griner, Diggins-Smith-Smith is the type of athletic guard that we have trouble with.

However I feel if we build off of the positives from the Washington game we at least have a chance, a slim chance but a chance.

We need All-star level Howard, decent level Ionescu and Laney and to shoot 40% from 3 on decent volume. (Keeping TOs in the 10 to 12 range would help, 15 max).

I still think PX will win but I want to make it competitive and if we are in range in the last five minutes than go for it.

Unfortunately our prize if we survive PX is Minny with everyone healthy, hooray.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/22/21 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lib already won a game in Phoenix this season in which Griner went for 29 & 14 and Diggins scored 25 and that was without Howard or Ionescu

PostPosted: 09/22/21 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Lib already won a game in Phoenix this season in which Griner went for 29 & 14 and Diggins scored 25 and that was without Howard or Ionescu

thisthisthis Exclamation

It's the postseason....ANYthing can happen. Cool

PostPosted: 09/22/21 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Unfortunately our prize if we survive PX is Minny with everyone healthy, hooray.

As a Liberty fan, I will be completely ecstatic if New York somehow finds a way to an unlikely upset over Phoenix. Do I really have to think right now about who we'd play in the second round? And who we'd play in the semifinals if our team miraculously registers TWO unlikely upsets?

Beating Phoenix would be a terrific end-of-season achievement for the 12-20 Liberty no matter what defeats might follow. Hey, this is the way the WNBA playoffs work. We don't have to be better than Phoenix over 32 games. We just have to be better, even just one point better, for 40 minutes (or more) tomorrow night.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
This should be a good game. Hopefully one that sparks Skylar Diggins-Smith for the rest of the playoffs.

New York is going to compete. I feel better about them than I would vs Washington or LA but I have a feeling in my gut that this is the kind of game that Sabrina will suddenly look like the Sabrina she has the potential to be.

It's a new season now. Will Taurasi play?

Diana is expected to play.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

You forgot to note that Diana wasn't available for that 1st game either.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
pilight wrote:

There's no particular reason to think she'll be available tomorrow

PostPosted: 09/22/21 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SCook wrote:
pilight wrote:

Sandy said she's expected to play tomorrow.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

As a Liberty fan, I will be completely ecstatic if New York somehow finds a way to an unlikely upset over Phoenix. Do I really have to think right now about who we'd play in the second round? And who we'd play in the semifinals if our team miraculously registers TWO unlikely upsets?

Beating Phoenix would be a terrific end-of-season achievement for the 12-20 Liberty no matter what defeats might follow. Hey, this is the way the WNBA playoffs work. We don't have to be better than Phoenix over 32 games. We just have to be better, even just one point better, for 40 minutes (or more) tomorrow night.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you guys not only win, but smash their asses....I'm sure you can figure out why I pray this happens 😁😁😁

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/22/21 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
pilight wrote:
SCook wrote:
pilight wrote:

Rumor is that her dental appointment got cancelled.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/22/21 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
This is the kind of game I thank the inventor of the mute button.

It's on ESPN so we shouldn't have to suffer with Anne Myers Drysdale at least.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty can get hot from 3, and I don't trust Diggins-Smith in a playoff game. This could be a good one.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 3:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty will need to shoot lights out if they want to win this game. Griner will go for 25+ pts for sure

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
SCook wrote:
pilight wrote:
SCook wrote:
pilight wrote:

Rumor is that her dental appointment got cancelled.

It's too early in the morning to be laughing this hard🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 09/23/21 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's an elimination game...pretty sure D will play.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 09/23/21 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty Win, they go to Minnesota.

Mercury Win, they go to Seattle.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/23/21 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
Liberty Win, they go to Minnesota.

Mercury Win, they go to Seattle.

Id prefer this matchup . Minny will cakewalk NY imo.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prediction for tonight: there will be a call (or non-call) by the referees so bad, so heinous, so profoundly worse than any referee decision in the past, that any basketball fan who cares at all about the integrity of the game will turn off his TV in disgust.

And then it'll happen again the next time Diana Taurasi thinks she's fouled.

You know, I might actually like Taurasi if she treated the WNBA referees the way she treated the Olympic officials. As things are, seeing that she is capable of controlling herself yet chooses not to makes it even more distasteful.

Meanwhile, on the other end, Skylar Diggins-Smith will be flopping every time an air-current from a nearby player billows in her jersey.

My ever-increasing dislike for these two players has made it so that I now have a WNBA team that I actively dislike. I don't think the Liberty have a great chance tonight, but it would be as sweet a victory as there can be. GO LIBERTY!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/23/21 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
Prediction for tonight: there will be a call (or non-call) by the referees so bad, so heinous, so profoundly worse than any referee decision in the past, that any basketball fan who cares at all about the integrity of the game will turn off his TV in disgust.

You know, I might actually like Taurasi if she treated the WNBA referees the way she treated the Olympic officials. As things are, seeing that she is capable of controlling herself yet chooses not to makes it even more distasteful.

Meanwhile, on the other end, Skylar Diggins-Smith will be flopping every time an air-current from a nearby player billows in her jersey.

My ever-increasing dislike for these two players has made it so that I now have a WNBA team that I actively dislike. I don't think the Liberty have a great chance tonight, but it would be as sweet a victory as there can be. GO LIBERTY!

Sad to admit this is very likely !! Their going to spend 10 minutes real time reviewing and still get it wrong as well. This season I must say officiating has not been as atrocious and blatantly bad as the past but it’s still terrible !

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

Sad to admit this is very likely !! Their going to spend 10 minutes real time reviewing and still get it wrong as well. This season I must say officiating has not been as atrocious and blatantly bad as the past but it’s still terrible !

I wasn't really criticizing the officiating; I was trying to be derisively funny about the way Diana Taurasi acts any time a call doesn't go her way.

I'm not a fan of the endless reviews either. Those 10 minutes real time disrupt the flow and outcome of a game every bit as much as bad calls do.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DT a game time decision and it’s not looking good. Didn’t practice yesterday nor did she participate in warmups today .

PostPosted: 09/23/21 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DT a game time decision and it’s not looking good. Didn’t practice yesterday nor did she participate in warmups today .

I can't believe she got injured against Indiana of all teams, just to be entered BACK into the game, just to not play at all for the next three weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: