RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/15/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Lynx have traded Odyssey Sims, the rights to Temi Fagbenle, their 2022 1st round & 2022 3rd round picks to the Fever in exchange for Indiana’s 2022 second round pick.

Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 02/15/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so

D-Rob/(Allemand)/Doyle
Sims/K. Mitchell
T. Mitchell/Vivians/Burke
Lavender/Cox
McCowan/(Fagbenle)

and it looks like pick 4 is going to be a post now

and the two 2nd round picks in 21 are insurance if the Internationals do not come over

Last edited by J-Spoon on 02/15/21 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
pilight wrote:
The Lynx have traded Odyssey Sims, the rights to Temi Fagbenle, their 2022 1st round & 2022 3rd round picks to the Fever in exchange for Indiana’s 2022 second round pick.

Shocked Shocked

Gee - should we do a "Who won the trade poll" on this one?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
pilight wrote:

Shocked Shocked

It is weird but it opens a a guaranteed spot for Powers and a roster spot for pick #9 and they have PX's first round pick in 22, so it is less weird if you include that

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
root_thing wrote:
pilight wrote:

Shocked Shocked

It is weird but it opens a a guaranteed spot for Powers and a roster spot for pick #9 and they have PX's first round pick in 22, so it is less weird if you include that

Yeah, I understand it's a salary dump with MN under pressure. But still, it's not like Sims is a terrible player coming off an awful year. Maybe there's some kind of back story we don't know about.

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever expected to waive Sims.

Last edited by mavcarter on 02/15/21 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Fever waived Sims.

OK that is weird

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims for one year at $119,000 should not be causing this much fuss. Indiana certainly has the cap space. I still think something else is going on.

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Fever waived Sims.

OK that is weird

Should’ve changed the wording, they’re expected to waive Sims. Embarassed

Salary dumps are unusual in this league, which is why it may seem weird.

Fever have the cap space to eat Sims contract and still have money left while getting the 2022 first round pick.

Also works out for Sims because she can double up, even if she signs a vet minimum she’d be making a little over the standard max.

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Fever waived Sims.

OK that is weird

Should’ve changed the wording, they’re expected to waive Sims. Embarassed

Salary dumps are unusual in this league, which is why it may seem weird.

Fever have the cap space to eat Sims contract and still have money left while getting the 2022 first round pick.

Also works out for Sims because she can double up, even if she signs a vet minimum she’d be making a little over the standard max.

No, you were right. The Fever actually waived her already.

Quote:
Sims was waived by Indiana following completion of the trade.

So let me see if I've got this right: In order to make room for one Aerial Powers, (who has had injury issues and alleged behavioral issues) the Lynx traded Sims along with all that other stuff to the Fever... because the Fever were never going to keep Sims, even though she had a decent post-pregnancy season last year and could've helped them out with their guard play. But the Fever will try Lindsay Allen out. Ok. Got it. Everyone's on drugs, thanks. (Well, not the Aces!)

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/15/21 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Salary dumps haven't really been necessary before. Everybody is still figuring out the nuances of this new CBA.

PostPosted: 02/15/21 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You make it sound like Sims hasn't had behavioral issues...

PostPosted: 02/15/21 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

If she had any with Minnesota, we never heard about them. Seems like we've heard of the times that she has had those kinds of issues on her other teams.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/15/21 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why pay her salary but then waive her. She is better then Drob, Allen and Doyle. Or are they tanking this year.. why trade for Allen who is another PG that cant shoot but waive Sims. It just doesntmake sense

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 02/15/21 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

If she had any with Minnesota, we never heard about them. Seems like we've heard of the times that she has had those kinds of issues on her other teams.

Some think a DUI is a behavioral issue.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/15/21 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

Yeah, I forgot about that one. Embarassed Laughing Although that happened in 2019, and the Lynx still seemed fine with keeping her through then and 2020. She at least didn't have any direct incidences with her coaches or teammates, that we know of...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/15/21 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

Lynx have experience with that on their coaching staff so they dont mind

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/21 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jessica Breland is going back to Indiana

PostPosted: 02/16/21 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Jessica Breland is going back to Indiana

Is she less scared of COVID this season? I’ve been wondering how the COVID opt outs will handle this season, because COVID is still around. Will they get priority with the vaccines? Will there be another bubble and they’ll trust in the bubble this time? Many questions.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 02/17/21 2:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I don't see any logic for that trade, unless the Lynx owner has recently purchased the Fever.

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/17/21 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

I don't see any logic for that trade, unless the Lynx owner has recently purchased the Fever.

Lynx needed to trade a protected contract to be able to sign Powers.

PostPosted: 02/17/21 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

Thanks for the info. Still scratching my head though as to them having to include a first round pick and Euro rights to trade her. Sims is only 28, and started all of 2019 and half of the games she played in 2020 after coming back from pregnancy.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/17/21 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

Thanks for the info. Still scratching my head though as to them having to include a first round pick and Euro rights to trade her. Sims is only 28, and started all of 2019 and half of the games she played in 2020 after coming back from pregnancy.

If Sims re-signs with Minny than the trade was never about getting rid of Sims, the trade then becomes about getting someone to pay Sims, remove her guaranteed contract status so Minny could sign Powers, and then waive Sims so Sims could return to The Lynx. The price to do that then becomes the first round pick in 22 and the rights to Fagbenle (If Indy actually wanted to keep wanted Sims I doubt the trade would have had the same components).

This assumes one that at this point no one would want to take on Sims 119K contract by signing her off waivers and two that Sims was willing to take this chance as her 119K is guaranteed and even if she re-signs for vet minimum she will make an additional 70K to play for the team she was already signed to.

Minny probably could have found a different trading partner for Sims, but not one that would pay and waive her. Now if Sims doesn't re-sign with Minny the trade is weird for Indy, but if Sims does re-sign with Indy I am sure it was part of the plan all along and that is why the Fever got compensated they way they did,

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/17/21 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

If the Fever were keeping Odyssey Sims on their roster than what you say makes sense, but seeing as the Fever waived her as soon as the trade was made official they clearly don’t want her on their roster for whatever reason that may be so the other pieces of the trade are what they wanted at the end of the day.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/17/21 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the Fever were really only after Temi Fagbenle the whole time! Twisted Evil Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: