RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/28/21 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I was hoping Indy could do something in offseason to improve, but so far no rumors?...other than losing Achonwa, which is not surprising.

A player has to want to sign with a team. Hard to imagine a good FA wanting to sign with Indiana.

They are going to have to have better draft luck. That's the only real way for bad teams to improve in this league.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/01/21 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Fever re-sign Lavender to a multi-year deal.

Quote:
Rachel Galligan
@RachGall

Sources tell @winsidr that Jantel Lavender’s deal with the Indiana Fever is 3-year, $175k guaranteed.

Horrible contract for the Fever imo, considering how injury-prone Lavender has been. Also, if she comes off the bench behind either Cox or McCowan (assuming they both start, or are even still on the team by then), why so much money? Catchings not helping her team out here, especially if Lavender was already willing to re-sign like she seemed.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/01/21 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe being a great player doesn't make one a great GM?

I really hope the Fever/Pacers have a backup plan for Catchings involvement in the organization. Because so far it is not looking like she should be in the GM seat.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/21 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Lavender is one of the more underrated players. She’s always had to be in the shadow of two MVP posts at the Sparks. When she’s gotten the opportunity to start she’s actually played pretty well (2014, 2015, 2019). Catchings played against her in 2014 & 2015, so it’s not like she’s oblivious.
The Sky picked her up for a second round pick and got a starter out of her, until she got hurt. She’s been an iron woman before she got hurt.

I bet Catchings gets more for than her money than Bibb has so far with Ndour and Jefferson.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/01/21 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

agree with Shades (twice in one day! Shocked ) - Lavender is under-rated IMO and I'm thinking she could in fact be on the floor together with the big girl.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/21 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
agree with Shades (twice in one day! Shocked ) - Lavender is under-rated IMO and I'm thinking she could in fact be on the floor together with the big girl.

Where is Dupree headed? She could be another domino. She might have to work for dirt cheap if nobody wants her. I think she’s still got something left in the tank.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/01/21 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I think Lavender is one of the more underrated players. She’s always had to be in the shadow of two MVP posts at the Sparks. When she’s gotten the opportunity to start she’s actually played pretty well (2014, 2015, 2019). Catchings played against her in 2014 & 2015, so it’s not like she’s oblivious.
The Sky picked her up for a second round pick and got a starter out of her, until she got hurt. She’s been an iron woman before she got hurt.

I bet Catchings gets more for than her money than Bibb has so far with Ndour and Jefferson.

I'm a pretty big Lavender fan, but that's a big guaranteed investment on a player who should be a back-up. If they are planning on her being able to help teach and mentor McCowan and Cox, it might be worth it.

As for Catchings, I am still pretty salty about drafting Doyle last year.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/01/21 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Howard Megdal
@howardmegdal
Jantel Lavender said she first requested a trade to @IndianaFever back in 2014 #WNBA

PostPosted: 02/01/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dupree will not return to the fever

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Dupree will not return to the fever

Is this a prediction or info?

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/01/21 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Khristina2334/status/1356265797585403911

So the question becomes: is she not returning because she doesn't want to be in Indiana, or is she not returning because Indiana doesn't want her?

(now with spelling variations)
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/01/21 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is all just a theory but

I think it is hard for veteran players who have been important to a team to adjust to the team moving towards younger players taking more dominant roles and often cutting into their time.

In Indiana's case it seems clear that they are hoping that McCowan and Cox will be the front-court of the future which might (not saying it does or did) make it hard for a player like Dupree or Achonwa to see their roles reduced while players that started off behind them in the depth chart move up.

That is why Lavender probably makes more sense moving forward.

(This was something I saw first hand in NY when Charles came to the team. Pondexter seemed reluctant to give up the alpha role, then was traded for Prince the following season. I do not believe management thought Prince was a better player than Pondecter but Management did think the power structure might work better with Pondexter moving on and the Liberty becoming Charles' team with Prince as the 2nd option, and it did work better).

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/02/21 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
https://twitter.com/Khristina2334/status/1356265797585403911

So the question becomes: is she not returning because she doesn't want to be in Indiana, or is she not returning because Indiana doesn't want her?

Lavender signing or not, seems like Indiana is finally going into full-on rebuild mode. I think it's a good move. Try to get a few good draft picks (including finally getting a No. 1) and take a couple of years to see if K Mitchell, Allemand, and McCowan are pieces you can build around.

As a fan, that would at least give me a potential future to be excited about.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/02/21 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z7yIaO3S9F4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/02/21 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so

D-Rob/Allamand
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
Vivians/Burke
Cox/Lavender
McCowan/Hatar

#4 and #14

(If Indy could somehow poach Meesseman they would be really good)

Shades

PostPosted: 02/02/21 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d say Lavender starts unless Cox is amazing in camp.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/02/21 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

yeah, very possible. I'm still not convinced Cox will turn into a starter, but she has the best chance on a team like this.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/02/21 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so

D-Rob/Allamand
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
Vivians/Burke
Cox/Lavender
McCowan/Hatar

#4 and #14

If Allemand comes over, she should start over D-Rob.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/02/21 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

yeah, very possible. I'm still not convinced Cox will turn into a starter, but she has the best chance on a team like this.

I'm not convinced of it either, but I think you have to try it so you can figure out what you have.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/03/21 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
so

D-Rob/Allamand
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
Vivians/Burke
Cox/Lavender
McCowan/Hatar

#4 and #14

If Allemand comes over, she should start over D-Rob.

I only put D-Rob there because she seems like a better fit with K. Mitchell.

I guess you could flip that starters at 1 and 2

Also my starters and benches aren't really as written in stone as other opinions might be. (Sometimes I flip things around based on shape, or in this case pairing, or in the case of Cox vs Lavender what I think the team might be trying to build towards and also my own personal bias).

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 02/03/21 3:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Quote:
Howard Megdal
@howardmegdal
Jantel Lavender said she first requested a trade to @IndianaFever back in 2014 #WNBA

Had that happened back then, I’d be more excited for both her and them. I’ve always liked her and would’ve loved to see her in a larger role a few years back.

PostPosted: 02/03/21 4:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Julie Allemand is recovering from an injury right now and is missing Belgiums qualifing game this weekend. I dont think she will come before Eurobasket and Olympics though

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/11/21 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Over the years, many countries have been represented in the WNBA – including Canada, Nigeria, Australia and Korea.

Could we soon add the Philippines to that list?

http://beyondthew.com/chanelle-molina-signs-training-camp-contract-with-indiana-fever/

PostPosted: 02/15/21 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx have traded Odyssey Sims, the rights to Temi Fagbenle, their 2022 1st round & 2022 3rd round picks to the Fever in exchange for Indiana’s 2022 second round pick.

PostPosted: 02/15/21 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Lynx have traded Odyssey Sims, the rights to Temi Fagbenle, their 2022 1st round & 2022 3rd round picks to the Fever in exchange for Indiana’s 2022 second round pick.

And we thought the KLS trade was one sided. I realize the reason for it, but just reading that has to make me chuckle. When has any team traded a FRP for 2RP in the same draft????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: