RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dream vs Sun - 9/11/20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/11/20 12:17 am    ::: Dream vs Sun - 9/11/20 Reply Reply with quote

Palmetto, FL - Court 1 - 7:00 PM ET
TV: Fox Sports Southeast-Atlanta

Video stream:
https://www.facebook.com/wnba/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/dream-at-sun-on-090112020

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20200911/ATLCON/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401230867

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 09/11/20 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can you tell that Connecticut isn’t trying too hard to win this game with the lineup they have out there. Two-fold result: They can rest their starters for the playoff game against Chicago and help friend Collen have more of a chance to make the playoffs.

Only thing is CHI can do the same thing with Dallas tonight.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76

PostPosted: 09/11/20 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting end to the first half. Bonner hits a 3 but it is determined it was too late. Funny thing is that the clock on the TV showed the shot was clearly in time, but it wasn't synced up with the clock on the basket, even wheen they had the separated boxed clock on replay.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/11/20 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jasmine Thomas, already struggling with plantar fasciitis, played 5 minutes in a meaningless game for... what reason, exactly?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/11/20 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why was the Mercury (social media person) so obsessed with the Dream winnning this game?

---

OK, nevermind. They just tweeted why.

PostPosted: 09/11/20 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Why was the Mercury (social media person) so obsessed with the Dream winnning this game?

The Lynx swept the Sun, so it's better for the Merc if Connecticut finishes below .500

#NATC

PostPosted: 09/11/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. My brain is slow to get moving on Saturday mornings.

Though IMO we only win tonight if Seattle allows us to.

PostPosted: 09/11/20 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

The Lynx swept the Sun, so it's better for the Merc if Connecticut finishes below .500

Honestly I appreciate anyone who works for any one part of the League that has shown they've done their homework and gives out relevant non-obvious information, even if it's someone as far down the totem pole as a social media coordinator (...aka comms intern).

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/11/20 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Honestly I appreciate anyone who works for any one part of the League that has shown they've done their homework and gives out relevant non-obvious information, even if it's someone as far down the totem pole as a social media coordinator (...aka comms intern).

The social media person is 100% not an intern but I agree with you that teams should be more active on grabbing the passion of the fans into caring about more.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/11/20 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
The social media person is 100% not an intern

Lol I’m just referring to how every time any company tweets out something of note, someone always makes a joke about the person behind the tweets being the company’s one social media intern. Laughing

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/11/20 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Lol I’m just referring to how every time any company tweets out something of note, someone always makes a joke about the person behind the tweets being the company’s one social media intern. Laughing

I figured that’s where your head was at. I just want to take some time to thank the WNBA social managers this season.

We went from “here is some WNBA action” in 2012 with Cindy Brunson to some real pro level social talent. It’s growing the league.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/11/20 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
mercfan wrote:

I figured that’s where your head was at. I just want to take some time to thank the WNBA social managers this season.

We went from “here is some WNBA action” in 2012 with Cindy Brunson to some real pro level social talent. It’s growing the league.

Have you checked the attendance figures this season? The league is not growing. They don't even have cardboard cutout fans..... Smile

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/11/20 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Have you checked the attendance figures this season? The league is not growing. They don't even have cardboard cutout fans..... Smile

The WNBA needs to find whoever it was who calculated the Mystics home game attendances prior to their move to the new arena. I'm sure they could have somehow got the averages this year to about 3,000 per game despite no one being allowed inside.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: