RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Interesting suggestion for non-conference games - bubbles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 09/09/20 3:29 pm    ::: Interesting suggestion for non-conference games - bubbles Reply Reply with quote

Well, this was written for men's basketball, but he does indicate this should/could be used for women as well (he suggests men's and women's teams traveling together and going to the same location for the most part). In short, he is suggesting 11 brackets set up in 6 different locations around the country from Nov. 25th through Dec. 23rd. Basically, each bracket would be done in a couple of weeks and you can stagger the starts. Double elimination so everyone is guaranteed at least 2 games.

Anyway, I found it to be pretty interesting and I would love to see the NCAA put something like this into play. There are more than enough hosts of preseason events that I'm sure would love to be involved in something like this (Naismith Hall of Fame, Basketball Travelers, Triple Crown Sports, MGM Grand, etc).

Here's the article, which is worth the read IMO: https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketballs-nonconference-scheduling-issue-can-be-solved-with-bracket-play-to-start-season/

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/10/20 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That article is long on basketball and short on health-related information. With colleges now trying to manage COVID outbreaks, to the point of cancelling in-person classes all together, sending thousands of students around the country for games and then home to their families safely would require rigorous testing and isolation procedures.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 09/10/20 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get that. I found the concept pretty interesting and compelling. I understand there would have to be a lot more involved, but the idea of the bubbles around the country is something to think about and may make some sort of college basketball season possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: