Jacob Blake / Postponed Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/27/20 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
To me, Jacob Blake is another False flag/staged event to promote even more anarcho-communist terrorism until proven overwise.

Yo, do you ever turn it off, or are you this batshit fucking crazy in real life, too?=

I spent the 12 days RebKells was down educating myself and I was a bit wrong. The only people I know now worth voting for are Trump and probably Loeffler (though she isn't in my state) since she was against the WNBA supporting the BLM Terrorist Orginzation from the beginning (I was wrong that any Democrats or progressive are worth voting for) as the WNBA has to be ran or corrupted by evil forces as why else would they celebrate and tolerate terrorism and celebrate rapists, dangerous criminals and attacking law enforcement—proving they are or supportive of anti-American Communists. The most racist, hate-filled, bigoted people I have ever come across (based on what they do, how they talk, etc) are WNBA fans, WNBA coaches, and WNBA players, so I don't know if that's because they are all subverted, or evil?

So why are you here? Leave. I’m sure there is a Q board waiting on you.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/27/20 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I edited my posts because I don't feel like being banned, but I have saved what I said. 😒

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 08/27/20 7:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/27/20 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Get the fuck out

Signed, Rebkell Members

adamj95

PostPosted: 08/27/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cant believe what I just read. Idc if it's some lame attempt at trolling, it doesn't belong here.

PostPosted: 08/27/20 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The troll still hasn't answered why he/she/they are still here. If the WNBA players are so awful, why troll on a WNBA board? If we who post here are so awful, same question.

To go somewhere to get a thrill by spitting on everyone else? Really?

PostPosted: 08/27/20 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where is Sandman Sims, when you need him?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Richard 77

PostPosted: 08/27/20 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blake did not deserve to be shot in the back. But could officer Sheskey do something different like fire warning shots into the air instead of into the car? If Blake knew that Sheskey had his gun out, why did he gamble that Sheskey wouldn't fire it? If Blake was taking a 50-50 chance and believed that the gun might be fired, wouldn't he have not opened his car door to reach for an as yet unknown object? Wouldn't he have stopped? There's just too many unanswered questions as of yet.

So.

After all the investigations are complete and it comes down to Blake's word over Sheskey's word, neither of which will be truthful in order to blame the other and cover their own tail, which one will society fall in line with? Or should society not believe either one?

I just hope that someone doesn't get the idea of doing something like this on purpose, just to gain notoriety or financial gain for themselves or their family, or continue to perpetuate the fear and hatred running rampant in our society. Even if they're willing to sacrifice their life for it.

I so pray for this country and its citizens.

And if you've not heard, Blake has been handcuffed to his hospital bed.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/27/20 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
After all the investigations are complete and it comes down to Blake's word over Sheskey's word, neither of which will be truthful in order to blame the other and cover their own tail, which one will society fall in line with? Or should society not believe either one?

"Society" will always back the cop, because "society" relies on maintaining the lie that police are there to protect and serve. "Society," as we understand it, would break down if we (the "royal" we) were forced to admit that the Emperor has no clothes.

Quote:
I just hope that someone doesn't get the idea of doing something like this on purpose, just to gain notoriety or financial gain for themselves or their family, or continue to perpetuate the fear and hatred running rampant in our society.

This dude's going to be paralyzed for life. His medical bills are going to be enormous, and never ending. He'll never be able to live someplace without a ramp again. He'll probably have to have a live-in caregiver, for the rest of his life. Nobody's risking that for "financial gain," let alone clout.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/27/20 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's really obscene that we have to ponder speculation here about African Americans getting shot, choked, etc., by cops because of a brilliant plan to... get money for their families after they die???... get money for themselves and their families after they're paralyzed???.... Wow! So sick.

PostPosted: 08/27/20 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously there is a lot of cross-over between recent events and the WNBA. Never more so than now, so conversations will always go that way too.

When it becomes purely discussing the news, society, etc in a non-WNBA context then Area 51 is the more appropriate place for that.

In this case it's probably fine since this thread is already here, it has a WNBA basis, and it already contains all types of unexpected things.
Just try to keep it civil. When realistically possible.

Shocked

PostPosted: 08/28/20 2:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Blake did not deserve to be shot in the back. But could officer Sheskey do something different like fire warning shots into the air instead of into the car? If Blake knew that Sheskey had his gun out, why did he gamble that Sheskey wouldn't fire it? If Blake was taking a 50-50 chance and believed that the gun might be fired, wouldn't he have not opened his car door to reach for an as yet unknown object? Wouldn't he have stopped? There's just too many unanswered questions as of yet.

So.

I just hope that someone doesn't get the idea of doing something like this on purpose, just to gain notoriety or financial gain for themselves or their family, or continue to perpetuate the fear and hatred running rampant in our society. Even if they're willing to sacrifice their life for it.

The officers word will never be enough because you cant explain shooting someone in the back 7 times

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richard 77

PostPosted: 08/28/20 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
It's really obscene that we have to ponder speculation here about African Americans getting shot, choked, etc., by cops because of a brilliant plan to... get money for their families after they die???... get money for themselves and their families after they're paralyzed???.... Wow! So sick.

You’re right Bob, it is sick. So sick that I was terrified of posting my thoughts in fear of what people might think of me. But our American history is full of sick individuals who thought sacrificing their lives for their agenda or cause was worth doing it. Booth, Oswald, McVey, the 9-11 terrorists who committed suicide to kill thousands of New Yorkers to become martyrs...

Do I wish I didn’t feel this way? Yes. But I’d be naive to think that there isn’t one person out there contemplating the sacrifice of their life to further the cause. I am so sorry I feel this way. We must stay cautious.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/28/20 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

You’re right Bob, it is sick. So sick that I was terrified of posting my thoughts in fear of what people might think of me. But our American history is full of sick individuals who thought sacrificing their lives for their agenda or cause was worth doing it. Booth, Oswald, McVey, the 9-11 terrorists who committed suicide to kill thousands of New Yorkers to become martyrs...

Do I wish I didn’t feel this way? Yes. But I’d be naive to think that there isn’t one person out there contemplating the sacrifice of their life to further the cause. I am so sorry I feel this way. We must stay cautious.

My final comment on this. You have every right to post what you want here, but I detest reading AGAIN about how you "feel this way." I respect the people posting here who are rightly focusing on the racist murders of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, the horrific racist shooting of Jacob Blake, the importance of Black Lives Matter and Say Her Name, and the courageous athletes from the WNBA and elsewhere who are taking a stand. Why that discussion has to be polluted with your sick speculations is way beyond me.

PostPosted: 08/28/20 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:

So.

The officers word will never be enough because you cant explain shooting someone in the back 7 times

Thank you, Michelle. Totally with you.

PostPosted: 08/28/20 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To get back to the WNBA and the other teams/leagues who are postponing/cancelling/forfeiting games, is there a stated endpoint? Are the continued postponements going to continue for a certain time period? Until Jacob Blake is un-handcuffed? The officer involved is arrested? What is the objective, if any, besides publicity? It will likely take weeks before the investigation is even concluded.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/28/20 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
To get back to the WNBA and the other teams/leagues who are postponing/cancelling/forfeiting games, is there a stated endpoint? Are the continued postponements going to continue for a certain time period? Until Jacob Blake is un-handcuffed? The officer involved is arrested? What is the objective, if any, besides publicity? It will likely take weeks before the investigation is even concluded.

The games re-start tonight.

PostPosted: 08/28/20 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

The NBA has said they will resume their playoff games and and since the other leagues seem to follow their lead, they will will resume playing their games too.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 08/28/20 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be curious to see what they do with the postponed games. Since each team has one postponed games, the easiest thing might be to extend the regular season by a couple of days and push out the playoffs by the same number of days.

-Lisa

PostPosted: 08/28/20 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
It will be curious to see what they do with the postponed games. Since each team has one postponed games, the easiest thing might be to extend the regular season by a couple of days and push out the playoffs by the same number of days.

-Lisa

One solution could be to make up 3 games on Monday, Aug 30
and make up the other 3 games on Monday, Sept 7.
That would take away one Monday break day away from each team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 08/28/20 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:

So.

My guess...Mr. Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed to try to show us that he really is dangerous. It is a tactic to control the narrative.

A few months ago, Jewell Loyd said that her father told her that his greatest accomplishment is that his son and his daughter lived to see the age of 25. A while back, she talked about when her family bought a house and moved to the suburbs. The police came, thinking that they did not belong in the neighborhood. When her father reached for the deed to the house, the cops pulled out their guns and pointed them at him. How many of the league's Black players do you think can say they have experienced something similar? At least among the Americans, probably all of them.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/28/20 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given that everybody just missed one game, they could make them all up in one day. Especially with two courts it's definitely possible, or if you want to keep them all separate then 12/2/4/6/8/10pm ET tip-offs are plausible.

Regular season ends on a Saturday at present, so the usual counter-programming against the NFL on a Sunday the next day would seem like an option.

PostPosted: 08/28/20 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:

So.

My guess...Mr. Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed to try to show us that he really is dangerous. It is a tactic to control the narrative.

A few months ago, Jewell Loyd said that her father told her that his greatest accomplishment is that his son and his daughter lived to see the age of 25. A while back, she talked about when her family bought a house and moved to the suburbs. The police came, thinking that they did not belong in the neighborhood. When her father reached for the deed to the house, the cops pulled out their guns and pointed them at him. How many of the league's Black players do you think can say they have experienced something similar? At least among the Americans, probably all of them.

FYI, the cuffs have been removed and the 3rd degree felony he was charged with has been vacated according to his lawyer.
BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/28/20 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makes me long for the ridiculously annoying harangue about the trade of a certain player.

Loeffler is in my state (Bama is my home state, GA is my current state) so I will have her on my ballot and I know why I will not vote for her but will vote for another candidate and my decision was made before her BLM status.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/20 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Given that everybody just missed one game, they could make them all up in one day. Especially with two courts it's definitely possible, or if you want to keep them all separate then 12/2/4/6/8/10pm ET tip-offs are plausible.

Regular season ends on a Saturday at present, so the usual counter-programming against the NFL on a Sunday the next day would seem like an option.

My first thought was to make up the games on Monday, but then I realized that would require three teams to have to play three days in a row: all six of the teams who were scheduled to play on Wednesday are also scheduled to play on Sunday, and three of them (Dream, Sun, Mercury) are also scheduled to play on Tuesday.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/20 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Nah. You didn't say that you thought somebody would be willing to martyr themselves "for the cause," you said that you thought that someone would risk getting permanently disabled and/or murdered for clout. Don't try to walk that shit back, now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: