RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 Season Thoughts/Impressions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 08/09/20 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The rims seem weird. Like there's too much room between the hoop and the backboard or something.

And they're an inch wider.

Or maybe I need new glasses....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/10/20 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thinking they should try this Lachina & Rucco pair more often.

PostPosted: 08/10/20 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard Coach Reeve said something about this schedule, playing every other day, "may not be sustainable".

Would be nice if they could change the schedule, build in more breaks....

After all, no one's been in this situation before, they should be able to pivot a little based on facts on the ground....

and tired basketball is not a good look for people watching...

too many injuries

toad455

PostPosted: 08/10/20 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too many injuries. Teams may only have 7-8 available players come the playoffs.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 08/10/20 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are always too many injuries. It's the nature of the game.

PostPosted: 08/10/20 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It may be the highly compressed schedule is causing more injuries. Or it is making it seem like there are more injuries. There certainly have to be more lost games per injury.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/12/20 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And of the numerous injuries, it seems like most of them have been inflicted on teams’ guards. Guard depth of several teams’ active rosters has taken a hit, really for a variety of reasons. (SEA, LVA, PHO, MIN, IND, ATL, NYL, CON to be specific)

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 08/12/20 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
And of the numerous injuries, it seems like most of them have been inflicted on teams’ guards. Guard depth of several teams’ active rosters has taken a hit, really for a variety of reasons. (SEA, LVA, PHO, MIN, IND, ATL, NYL, CON to be specific)

Since some of those teams (SEA, LVA, MIN and maybe PHO) are leading the league in wins right now, it lends credence to the idea that the MVP in the league should be a post player. If you can lose guards left and right and not have it affect your team too much, then guards aren't that important. Or at least not as important as posts. But then again, MIN has done well without Fowles, so.........

PostPosted: 08/30/20 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish announcers would actually narrow their commentary to announcing the games! There is too much non-game-related banter that goes on too long, and very little recapping. Ever heard of play by play? Some of us need that!

Commentators: take the time to learn how to pronounce the players' names! It's Do, not Ndour, as an example. I recall several years ago a commentator kept referring to Nneka Og woo MI Kee, and his female partner didn't bother to correct him, I believe she pronounced it correctly and he didn't catch on. If the league doesn't provide a phonetic pronunciation guide, it needs to. Or folks need to read and heed the one provided.

I wish players would stop chucking up 3s! There are far too many of them...

To play the drinking game, track how many times the phrase "locked in" is used! Laughing

PostPosted: 08/30/20 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
I wish announcers would actually narrow their commentary to announcing the games! There is too much non-game-related banter that goes on too long, and very little recapping. Ever heard of play by play? Some of us need that!

amen

- Amanda Gorman
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/30/20 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How is there still no explanation for BG leaving the bubble?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/01/20 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

I'm sure it had to do with Skylar whining and complaining that all the attention she got from the front office when she initially signed has since faded and refocused on BG as the key to them making it to the finals, but she became so butt hurt that BG finally had enough, so she bounced to prove whose more important to this team!!!

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/01/20 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

I'm sure it had to do with Skylar whining and complaining that all the attention she got from the front office when she initially signed has since faded and refocused on BG as the key to them making it to the finals, but she became so butt hurt that BG finally had enough, so she bounced to prove whose more important to this team!!!

LET THAT HURT GO! Wink Laughing

PostPosted: 09/01/20 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

#HateHard Approved!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/01/20 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
LET THAT HURT GO! :wink: :lol:

Nonsense.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/20 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

That’s interesting because according to my calculations, Griner was the only MVP candidate on PHX, and now that Griner has missed too many games and is eliminated, Diggins is now the only MVP candidate on PHX.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/03/20 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

No, hate I just know about some of the issues with her that went on behind the scenes when she was here, but it seems to be working for her in Phoenix!!!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/03/20 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
No, hate I just know about some of the issues with her that went on behind the scenes when she was here, but it seems to be working for her in Phoenix!!!

Even if you have legitimate "insider" knowledge of Diggins-Smith's behavior in Dallas, there's a zero percent chance that your speculation about what's going on in Phoenix reflects a fair and objective assessment.

But, hey, that's cool with me! I'm not here for "fair and objective," anyway. #HateHard Approved

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/03/20 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Even if you have legitimate "insider" knowledge of Diggins-Smith's behavior in Dallas, there's a zero percent chance that your speculation about what's going on in Phoenix reflects a fair and objective assessment.

But, hey, that's cool with me! I'm not here for "fair and objective," anyway. #HateHard Approved

LMMFAO!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/03/20 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

LMMFAO!!!

It Aint working in Phoenix personally , but her numbers are good unfortunately so i have to hush when it comes to Leggo My prenatal-Smith

PostPosted: 09/03/20 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

LMMFAO!!!

No?

She seems to be gelling fine with her teammates, or am I misreading the hugs..

It Aint working in Phoenix personally , but her numbers are good unfortunately so i have to hush when it comes to Leggo My prenatal-Smith

PostPosted: 09/03/20 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

LMMFAO!!!

No?

She seems to be gelling fine with her teammates, or am I misreading the hugs..

No Hugs...Allll Shoulder Shrugs !!! Laughing

PostPosted: 09/03/20 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Selling shirts for $10, who needs one? Laughing

PostPosted: 09/03/20 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I am outraged knowing that everybody here is privvy to inside information except for me so I have to make BS guesses on everything! Smile

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/03/20 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This entire thread Laughing Laughing Laughing

Foolery and innuendos

I approve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: