91%
 91%  [ 21 ]
Dream
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

toad455

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Feels like there will be numerous MIP candidates this season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Is it really petty that I kinda want Dietrick to struggle for Atlanta? Embarassed

#HateHard Approved!

Oop. Just as I submitted that, she knocked down a 3. Evil or Very Mad But still, I don't think I'll be losing that energy when it comes to her. Twisted Evil

Why?

Same reason I want Gustafson to struggle is why!

Has she even got in the game yet btw? I’m still waiting too see why we kept her over Anigwe?

Lmao although I'm rooting for Gustafson, she supposedly played 34 seconds in the first half. Embarassed No, Dietrick did absolutely nothing for the Storm last season, and looked bad doing it. But of course, I think today she's scored as many points in the first half (5) as she did the entirety of last season (well, ok, it was 6 all of last season to be fair Rolling Eyes ). Atlanta's clearly a better fit for her but I still don't think she's W material lmao.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like a lot of the rookies this year, but lord, am I excited to watch Chennedy Carter play for the next 10-15 years. And who said she's not a PG? 4 assists to just 1 turnover (so far).

On the Wings' side, Ty Harris being a LOT more impactful than I thought she'd be here. (Ditto Laney for the Dream)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We look lost , Live by the 3 die by the 3. Sabally having a wake up moment in her first game the struggle bus is real.

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harris and Gray doing good things for Dallas. Everyone else seems to be lost or bothered by Atlanta.

And god, Atlanta is gonna be fast this year! They all run well, and we haven't even got Courtney and Glory with this group. (Cuz we all know Kalani won't be playing at this speed)

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love watching A. Gray play.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harris is looking great.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just gonna say it: Carter > Ogunbowale

toad455

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings might be winning this game if they knew how to play D.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/26/20 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wings might be winning this game if they knew how to play D.

A bit surprising given Agler's affinity for defense, but at the same time this is a very young team and it's the first game of the season.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ROY! ROY! ROY!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ROY

+1. Sue Bird knew what she was talkin’ ‘bout when she picked Carter for ROY on her livestream.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For all the Jefferson hype it’s Ty Harris who’s seen majority minutes in crunch time.

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Collen takes carter out leads goes from 9 to 2. 1 min 30 secs left and I’m confused on how the hell we even have a chance to win? 97-95 Dream

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know she took Carter out cuz she got 5 fouls, but what did Collen honestly think would happen by letting Dietrick fend for herself at the PG spot? Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can only imagine how good this Dream team will be with Williams & Johnson in the line-up.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
ROY

+1. Sue Bird knew what she was talkin’ ‘bout when she picked Carter for ROY on her livestream.

Dumb luck. That was before Hayes and Montgomery opted out, leaving Carter in the Ogunbowale role of last year.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
ROY

Dumb luck. That was before Hayes and Montgomery opted out, leaving Carter in the Ogunbowale role of last year.

Ya really think Carter wouldn’t have found the minutes to pull this kind of shit anyway? Especially when it comes to her direct PG competition that would’ve been better-off-the-bench Montgomery.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I like a lot of the rookies this year, but lord, am I excited to watch Chennedy Carter play for the next 10-15 years. And who said she's not a PG? 4 assists to just 1 turnover (so far).

On the Wings' side, Ty Harris being a LOT more impactful than I thought she'd be here. (Ditto Laney for the Dream)

You will enjoy Ty Harris.

She is a leader from the PG slot. Solid decision making - she will only get better with time.

PostPosted: 07/26/20 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
ROY

Ya really think Carter wouldn’t have found the minutes to pull this kind of shit anyway? Especially when it comes to her direct PG competition that would’ve been better-off-the-bench Montgomery.

She would have , you can’t expect everyone to see the obvious. #ROY

PostPosted: 07/26/20 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
ROY

She would have , you can’t expect everyone to see the obvious. #ROY

It depends on how biased the coach is when it comes to young players vs. veterans. For example, on one extreme, Collier only won ROY last year (deservedly, of course) because quality vet, but not an All-Star caliber player, Christmas-Kelly was injured, otherwise to this day, Reeve (the coach most famous for refusing to give Howard any minutes without being told by Jim Petersen when he was an assistant she exists), might still have Collier as bench player only. I hope that made Reeve half-smart now.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/26/20 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
ROY

If all three of Montgomery, Hayes, and CWilliams were playing? Probably not. Can’t have Hayes getting mopey.

Last year, Jefferson and Diggins were out for Dallas. That didn’t make a difference in Ogunbowale’s ROY campaign?

ATL’s starting lineup only had one guard in it. That’s a potential ROY’s Dream.

Bird was just going by who she was most intimidated by in the Team USA games. Carter did very well, partly because Reeve made Bird guard Carter quite a bit. Against Oregon, Bird was guarding mostly the tiny PG, I believe.

Bird didn’t think about it too deeply like she thoroughly went through team projections before she was asked. It was just a reflex response because of her experience with Carter.

Wasn’t expecting you to be this surprised about Carter considering how engaged you seem to be with women’s basketball. This wasn’t a shocking result for me considering the circumstances in today’s game, but it’s just the first game. Carter is the ROY so far, but it’s a long season. Ionescu might be in a better situation to work towards the ROY at the end of the year when it counts.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/26/20 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If all three of Montgomery, Hayes, and CWilliams were playing? Probably not. Can’t have Hayes getting mopey.

Again, Carter could've stolen significant minutes from Montgomery. So if we're going into hypotheticals, who's to say the veteran guards wouldn't have deferred to Carter forcing the issue and making things happen? We know that's something she's capable of.

Shades wrote:
Last year, Jefferson and Diggins were out for Dallas. That didn’t make a difference in Ogunbowale’s ROY campaign?

Sure it did. But again, even factoring them into Dallas' 2019 roster, who's to say Ogunbowale wouldn't have overtaken one of them? I'm particularly looking at Jefferson, who just today got replaced in the 4th quarter by... a rookie - they each played virtually an equal amount of minutes. It's only one game, but it is interesting that it happened in the first game. I find that in this League, talent will find a path to minutes.

Shades wrote:
ATL’s starting lineup only had one guard in it. That’s a potential ROY’s Dream.

I mean, Laney has pretty much always been listed as a G/F or vice versa. Ditto Stricklen, who imo is fairly guard-like in how she plays. Maybe the listed position shouldn't be worth much in the age of "'G/F' Elena Delle Donne", but at least one of the aforementioned two Dream players actually played in a guard spot.

Shades wrote:
Bird was just going by who she was most intimidated by in the Team USA games. Bird didn’t think about it too deeply like she thoroughly went through team projections before she was asked. It was just a reflex response because of her experience with Carter.

That's your interpretation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My interpretation factors in that Bird & Team USA would've watched film of their exhibition games, where Bird would've been able to get a non-stressful, objective setting to analyze how each of Carter and Ionescu enjoyed success in their respective games against the Team. And factoring in the possibility that she indeed was 'most intimidated' by Carter, whose Aggies didn't even beat Team USA, wouldn't that be quite telling about who would be more intimidating to face (aka hardest to stop) in a WNBA-game setting?

Shades wrote:
Wasn’t expecting you to be this surprised about Carter considering how engaged you seem to be with women’s basketball. This wasn’t a shocking result for me considering the circumstances in today’s game, but it’s just the first game. Carter is the ROY so far, but it’s a long season. Ionescu might be in a better situation to work towards the ROY at the end of the year when it counts.

Another interpretation I find interesting. I don't recall expressing 'surprise' in this game thread, or particularly recently in general, about Carter's play/potential - though I could be wrong. Anyways, you are right about it just being the first game of a long season. Too, Atlanta just played what might be the worst team in the League, while New York played what might be the best - something all of us currently on the Carter Hype Train are probably not thinking about enough. But assuming good health, I don't foresee Carter losing opportunity as she gains more weapons to pass to around her - and that little gal will always find a way to get her shots up. Surprised

pilight

PostPosted: 07/26/20 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was the first game in WNBA history to feature multiple Ivy Leaguers

PostPosted: 07/26/20 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Curious who starts for each team?

Per 2K submitted rosters it’s

Jefferson
Ogunbowale
Thornton
Sabally
Ndour (I prefer Harrison)

Either way we’re getting fried inside all season.

I know you're going to think I'm crazy, but I would entertain offers for Kayla Thornton if I were Greg Bibb and second, I still can't get over the fact that: 1. We didn't go after Mercedes Russell when she became available last year. 2. Meagan G. is a wasted roster spot simply due to being worried about a fan base that doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: