RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jonathan Irons, Helped by Maya Moore, Freed From prison

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 07/01/20 7:24 pm    ::: Jonathan Irons, Helped by Maya Moore, Freed From prison Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/sports/basketball/maya-moore-jonathan-irons-freed.html

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/01/20 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So great.

PostPosted: 07/01/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Great job Queen Maya! 🖤✊🏿

PostPosted: 07/01/20 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonderful!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/02/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/02/sports/basketball/maya-moore-jonathan-irons-freed.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

PostPosted: 03/10/21 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Moore & Jonathan Irons to appear on Good Morning America today (7-9 am) to celebrate the 1-year anniversary of his wrongful conviction getting overturned.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 03/10/21 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/31038133/maya-moore-says-return-2021-wnba-season

Maya not coming back for 2021.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/10/21 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/31038133/maya-moore-says-return-2021-wnba-season

I think we have seen the last of Maya... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 03/10/21 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Agreed. At least she went out on top and on her own terms. Hopefully she eventually coordinates a retirement celebration with the Lynx once arenas return to normal.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/10/21 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Agreed. At least she went out on top and on her own terms. Hopefully she eventually coordinates a retirement celebration with the Lynx once arenas return to normal.

I actually think she will come back, maybe it's wishful thinking, but Geno has said she is the most competitive, hard-working kid he's ever coached. I don't think she's done yet.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/10/21 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pure speculation but I'm guessing she wants a family. That doesn't absolutely preclude her from playing again of course, somewhat depending on the size of that family she might want.

Speebs56

PostPosted: 03/10/21 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There must be some reason she doesn't just announce her retirement, which she's not done to date.

Maybe there is some reason to hope she'll be back, sometime. But I think the likelihood is really slim.

Chip

PostPosted: 03/10/21 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

CO-SIGN

BelloFratello

PostPosted: 03/10/21 7:55 pm    ::: Maya comeback? Reply Reply with quote

I do think her competitive spirit will give her the itch to play again. I think she’s coming back. Maybe after a kid, maybe after two. But she’s still fairly young. She could want to come back at probably 36 and still be a desired addition to the Lynx.

But I’m also the one still waiting for Nykesha Sales and Tweety Nolan to announce their comebacks, sooooooo Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/10/21 8:17 pm    ::: Re: Maya comeback? Reply Reply with quote

BelloFratello wrote:
I do think her competitive spirit will give her the itch to play again. I think she’s coming back. Maybe after a kid, maybe after two. But she’s still fairly young. She could want to come back at probably 36 and still be a desired addition to the Lynx.

But I’m also the one still waiting for Nykesha Sales and Tweety Nolan to announce their comebacks, sooooooo Very Happy

Deanna Nolan is only 41 years old! As a Liberty fan, I vividly remember how brilliantly she played for the Shock in some crucial playoff games against our team. Years later, when Bill Laimbeer was New York's coach, I was so hoping that Nolan would join the Liberty--even though she was past her prime. So I'm definitely with you waiting for Tweety's comeback! Smile

PostPosted: 03/11/21 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

in my opinion, you can't go multiple years without playing, and come back the same player. after 2, 3, 4+ years - if she does come back - she won't be the same player.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
In my opinion, you can't go multiple years without playing, and come back the same player. after 2, 3, 4+ years - if she does come back - she won't be the same player.

She may be thinking of emulating her boss Michael Jordan. It’d be a huge story if she could pull it off.

With all these 3-yr guaranteed signings Reeve has made, if Maya did come back, it doesn’t look like it’d be with the Lynx.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: 03/11/21 9:38 am    ::: Re: Maya comeback? Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
BelloFratello wrote:

Deanna Nolan is only 41 years old! As a Liberty fan, I vividly remember how brilliantly she played for the Shock in some crucial playoff games against our team. Years later, when Bill Laimbeer was New York's coach, I was so hoping that Nolan would join the Liberty--even though she was past her prime. So I'm definitely with you waiting for Tweety's comeback! Smile

Only two players have ever played in the league at age 41 or higher and one of those was just a one game cameo.

PostPosted: 03/11/21 12:26 pm    ::: Re: Maya comeback? Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
BelloFratello wrote:

Only two players have ever played in the league at age 41 or higher and one of those was just a one game cameo.

The biggest shit show the W ever made Lol but shout out to LVFO & Big Nance for the headlines that year Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/11/21 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could it be just a negotiating strategy to get the Lynx to cut her loose? Would any team be willing to trade for her rights now?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/11/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Could it be just a negotiating strategy to get the Lynx to cut her loose? Would any team be willing to trade for her rights now?

Minnesota has a history of working things out when people want to play elsewhere. If Maya wanted to come back for some other team, they'd work it out one way or another.

Plenty of teams would trade for her if she was going to sign a contract to play as part of the deal. Doubt you're getting much if it was literally just a trade for her rights with some theoretical idea of talking her into a comeback at some point in the future.

PostPosted: 03/11/21 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Minnesota has a history of working things out when people want to play elsewhere. If Maya wanted to come back for some other team, they'd work it out one way or another.

Plenty of teams would trade for her if she was going to sign a contract to play as part of the deal. Doubt you're getting much if it was literally just a trade for her rights with some theoretical idea of talking her into a comeback at some point in the future.

The Alba Torrens method......

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: