RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minneapolis Burning
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/28/20 10:45 pm    ::: Minneapolis Burning Reply Reply with quote

Welp. They set the precinct house on fire. Live on every cable network now.

PostPosted: 05/28/20 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m liking MSNBC’s coverage with Ali Velshi on the ground and Brian Williams dodging rocket fire in the studio.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Protesting criminal activity by becoming criminals yourselves doesn't defeat the purpose of your original message?
toad455

PostPosted: 05/29/20 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is really getting out of control. Would be nice if we had a competent President to try and get things resolved.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Genero36

PostPosted: 05/29/20 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05/29/20 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05/29/20 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

If she were asked for the number one example of that claim she would say "he said some white supremacists and neo-Nazis were fine people", which is false. So who was doing the stoking?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/29/20 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shit getting really real in front of the White House. CNN has this.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 6:00 pm news from San Francisco spent the entire hour covering local protests, most of which centered on San Jose where they had an overhead helicopter in addition to a reporter on the ground. At one point a cop went to the ground (he got to his feet and limped off), probably hit by a water bottle which were being thrown. At that point the cops fired tear gas, rubber bullets and noise bombs which got the crowd to move away, but not disperse.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 05/30/20 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

If she were asked for the number one example of that claim she would say "he said some white supremacists and neo-Nazis were fine people", which is false. So who was doing the stoking?

You know this how? You asked her? ASSumption? There was literally footage in her new Netflix doc from 2018 where she said she was sad she didn't come out against Trump when he was running. Do your research before you pop off.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/30/20 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

You know this how? You asked her? ASSumption? There was literally footage in her new Netflix doc from 2018 where she said she was sad she didn't come out against Trump when he was running. Do your research before you pop off.

Not sure what you think I was saying. Not accusing her of previously being a Trump supporter. What do you think her number one example of Trump "stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism his entire presidency" would be? I don't see where you made a case for it not being the Charlottesville "fine people on both sides" quote that gets repeated minus the "I'm not talking about the neo Nazis and white supremacists who should be condemned totally" that he said at the same press conference.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/30/20 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bMZnemqsCdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5_bmklzLdmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nT7PWcPPV-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NrynNeqx48I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zYANRUos8Hg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fGfGsXUCHbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Paf8MPhSG08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 05/30/20 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The governor, both mayors, and the state attorney general are alleging outside forces, domestic and possibly foreign, have infiltrated the state, and are in organized fashion setting fire to historic businesses in communities of color, and causing mayhem.

PostPosted: 05/30/20 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Ya, prolly NOT. I'm thinking she's a far bit more informed than you chose to be. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/30/20 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The governor, both mayors, and the state attorney general are alleging outside forces, domestic and possibly foreign, have infiltrated the state, and are in organized fashion setting fire to historic businesses in communities of color, and causing mayhem.

This is being supported in arrests. 100% of the people arrested in Saint Paul were from out of state. They estimate that the breakdown of the rioters is 80% out of state and 20% local.

Last edited by justintyme on 05/30/20 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 05/30/20 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:

Ya, prolly NOT. I'm thinking she's a far bit more informed than you chose to be. Laughing

Don’t get what you are saying. What do you think her number one example would be? What is your number one example?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/30/20 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:

This is being supported in arrests. 100% of the people arrested in Saint Paul were from out of state. They estimate that the breakdown of the rioters is 80% out of state and 20% local.

There’s been a whitening of these race riots in recent years, but absolutely nothing at all like this. So we know these groups have been organizing underground in greater numbers since Ferguson, where they definitely were a factor, but with Trump’s election ANTIFA type groups have grown in number and, honestly, over three years into this administration I’ve been wondering where they’ve been.

The thing that would normally be a takeaway from this in a sort of politically neutral assessment is that you have white kids going into black neighborhoods and burning down or looting businesses that serve black communities and that are often, as we’ve seen on TV, businesses OWNED by local blacks. How destructive and reprehensible is that?

In LA an absolutely surreal scene last night. I hate contributing to the overuse of that word but in this context it is the only word for it. A boutique downtown. In what looked like a prime space which is really saying something in downtown Los Angeles. High window, beautifully lit. Looked like a Rodeo Drive store. Cute fucking clothes in the window. Too cute, apparently. Looters breaking the window. You know the rest.

At the top of the window was a big banner. ‘DREAMER OWNED.’

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/30/20 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

There’s been a whitening of these race riots in recent years, but absolutely nothing at all like this. So we know these groups have been organizing underground in greater numbers since Ferguson, where they definitely were a factor, but with Trump’s election ANTIFA type groups have grown in number and, honestly, over three years into this administration I’ve been wondering where they’ve been.

You're automatic assumption that this is Antifa groups is unsurprising, but there are also plenty of reports that some of the white agitators are from white supremacist and other right wing groups, including Proud Boys and others.

Genero36

PostPosted: 05/30/20 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v4amCfVbA_c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/v4amCfVbA_c

PostPosted: 05/30/20 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

You're automatic assumption that this is Antifa groups is unsurprising

It should be unsurprising when I’m right.

PostPosted: 05/30/20 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I have read they have suspicions, are speculating and are aware of unconfirmed reports. The governor mentioned white supremacists and drug cartels. I believe he was the one who said there had been white supremacist social media posts about going to Minnesota. I wonder if they saw any Antifa social media posts about going to Minnesota. Plenty of them have been made on the West Coast about events where they have destroyed property in Berkeley and Portland. The drug cartel connection didn't make sense to me, something about they are worried about their communication or supply line being disrupted. Don't know how burning buildings in Minneapolis has anything to do with drug cartels, a term I only hear used for Mexico and south.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 05/30/20 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Not sure what you think I was saying. Not accusing her of previously being a Trump supporter. What do you think her number one example of Trump "stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism his entire presidency" would be? I don't see where you made a case for it not being the Charlottesville "fine people on both sides" quote that gets repeated minus the "I'm not talking about the neo Nazis and white supremacists who should be condemned totally" that he said at the same press conference.

Perhaps calling the protesters "thugs" in a tweet? Duh.

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/30/20 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
tfan wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Perhaps calling the protesters "thugs" in a tweet? Duh.

He quoted George Wallace in a tweet. That days about everything you need to know about his mindset.

PostPosted: 05/30/20 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently the governor and the mayors aren't aware that the online arrest records show the addresses of those arrested. Or they thought no one would check.

Jail records show most arrested in Minneapolis riots have Minnesota addresses

Quote:

Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.

Genero36

PostPosted: 05/30/20 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: