RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tari Phillips signs!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/15/05 10:51 pm    ::: Tari Phillips signs! Reply Reply with quote

With The Comets!

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/WNBA_2005.html

PostPosted: 02/15/05 10:54 pm    ::: Re: Tari Phillips signs! Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
With The Comets!

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/WNBA_2005.html

ah, shit. i guess i was still holding out for a miracle. i do hope she's happy there.

PostPosted: 02/15/05 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good move for Houston who needs help with Tina missing the first part of the season. And with Snow there, she won't have to be the primary rebounder and do-all player on offense that she was with the Liberty in previous years.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/16/05 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, what a fucking nice way to start the day...excuse me while I go throw up in the next can...

PostPosted: 02/16/05 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Oh, what a fucking nice way to start the day...excuse me while I go throw up in the next can...

right? what is it with our most beloved players signing with the enemy? you know, this time i was actually hoping she would make it into the sparks retirement village. i think i would actually have rooted for them in a vengeful bitter way.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
right? what is it with our most beloved players signing with the enemy? you know, this time i was actually hoping she would make it into the sparks retirement village. i think i would actually have rooted for them in a vengeful bitter way.

All I'll say is that it'd be easier rooting for the Sharks than for the Comets. But anything goes now that the Lib have lost half their importance (and all the heart they had left) to me.
If Christon gets traded, well, I'll have to find me another team. Enough is enough...

PostPosted: 02/16/05 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Comets aren't as bad as the Sparks. They only break hearts, not bones.

*waves* Bye, Tari. Here's hoping you ever find out how much you'll be missed.

herrade, you think you can start cranking out the I <3 Tari signs for the Houston game? I think that would pound the message home to She-Who-Must-Be-Incompetent.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A simple FUCK YOU, BLAZE! sign will do.
And the worst thing is: she isn't done screwing us up yet.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

there is NO way that tari going to the comets is worse than her going to the sharks. you closet comets fans need to quit. yeah, they may have kicked a little (okay, a lot) of liberty butt in their day, but c'mon . . . whose butt DIDN'T get kicked by the comets, back in their day? face it: the comets represent everything that was exciting about this league in its infancy. no one can ever take that away. so let's just wish tari well, be thankful she didn't wind up on some deadbeat team that was NEVER great, and celebrate that she will have graced the inner circle of a once-proud dynasty.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's just my opinion, no one has to agree with me. Sharks woulda been better than Comets, take it or leave it.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...I'm just happy for Tari, team allegiences aside, I hope she wins the "comeback player" award, if there is such a thing.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/16/05 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope she wins MVP.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was still hoping she'd sign with CT and be our post. I wanted her in the east still. Too bad.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/05 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just hope I'm wrong about her being on the downside of her career.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess the Comets have a new fan!! So Comet fans here I come!!! I will cheering the loudest for Tari!! I hope she destroys the Libs in the paint. You know Van will play the mind games and start her. She'll kick some butt!!! WAY TO GO TARI!! We will miss you terribly and I hope Van treats you well! Otherwise, he'll have to answer to us!!!

Can I have a Fuck you Blaze sign?? I'd love to shover her up her butt!!
Can ya tell I'm angry? Smile

BCBG25 wrote:
A simple FUCK YOU, BLAZE! sign will do.
And the worst thing is: she isn't done screwing us up yet.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/16/05 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it just me, or are things starting to rock in H'town? I was on the fence about buying season tickets again, but I think I just fell over to the BUY, BUY, BUY side.

pilight, does this mean that we can finally usher the useless Number 00 out of town? I know some Constables and Sheriffs that can help get her going in the direction of the County Line, if we need some legal help.

Lib Fans, be ye assured that Kar Thompson will be the caretaker of your beloved Tari. Van will probably not even get to talk to her...he will be too busy pushing guards in and out of the game.

BTW, wasn't Houston considered the "retirement village" at one point?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/16/05 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As we used to say in NY, just give Tari the ball and the get the hell outta her way.
As I said, the Comets won't be nearly as bad as some here predicted, and the Libs are headed south.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just glad we don't lose any of our players to the Libs. If I see Janeth or Sheryl in a Lib uni, I would most likely throw something at the wall.

BTW, I just saw ESPN announce Orender as the WNBA's latest prez on Sportscenter. Cool.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:19 am    ::: this is just horrible Reply Reply with quote

mel, hook me up with one of those fuck blaze signs too. i swear, she is one dumbass beatrice. blaze has finally managed to rip the heart out of the libs. now all the libs have left is fluff (becky hammon) and stuff (everyone who isn't becky hammon)

i am so happy i decided not to renew my 8 yr season ticket subscription. now, if blaze trades christon, i am switching to directv...cablevision can go straight to hell. well, they won't be alone in sheol all their damn teams will be there with them...in the bottomless pit.

KNICKS, RANGERS AND LIBERTY...THE TEAMS FROM HADES

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:34 am    ::: Re: this is just horrible Reply Reply with quote

Oh no Linda...you're abandoning me!! This season is make or break for me! It all indicates that we're going south, but then again, it's the Libs. You can never count them out.

In all fairness, last season C-Rob has LOTS more heart & passion than precious Becky! However, they did give the heart of the Libs to the Comets. Way to go Blaze. I hope it blows up in your face!!

I think the baby will see some PT this season, but unless we get someone who can rebound like DeTrina and has the height of Elena we ain't going nowhere!

FREEDOM4CHRISTON wrote:
mel, hook me up with one of those fuck blaze signs too. i swear, she is one dumbass beatrice. blaze has finally managed to rip the heart out of the libs. now all the libs have left is fluff (becky hammon) and stuff (everyone who isn't becky hammon)

i am so happy i decided not to renew my 8 yr season ticket subscription. now, if blaze trades christon, i am switching to directv...cablevision can go straight to hell. well, they won't be alone in sheol all their damn teams will be there with them...in the bottomless pit.

KNICKS, RANGERS AND LIBERTY...THE TEAMS FROM HADES

pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
As we used to say in NY, just give Tari the ball and the get the hell outta her way.
As I said, the Comets won't be nearly as bad as some here predicted, and the Libs are headed south.

The Comets still have the league's worst backcourt. Who's going to get her the ball? In any event, Phillips has never been as good as Tina Thompson was last year, and hasn't been close in a while. TT is going to miss most of the season and won't be near 100% when she does get back, the Tarnado is clearly supposed to replace her.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keira, to get someone who can rebound and contribute on the offensive end (we just lost a double-digit scorer on a bad day), we'd have to give up the Baby. That's the price I'm not willing to pay.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

The Comets still have the league's worst backcourt. Who's going to get her the ball? In any event, Phillips has never been as good as Tina Thompson was last year, and hasn't been close in a while. TT is going to miss most of the season and won't be near 100% when she does get back, the Tarnado is clearly supposed to replace her.

#7 had her ass handed to her in the 2000 Finals. I felt sorry for her, but then again, I felt sorry for VJ. Putting 30+ pts on a sick Tari doesn't count.
I don't expect the 2000 Tari to be back, but I do think a 2002 Tari is getting ready to rumble. And Van would be very stupid if he doesn't start both when #7 gets back.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight:

I agree that Tina will not be back in uniform for a while this season, so the new addition from the East is most welcome. And, I agree that the back court is still a huge issue.

The Swoopes rumors have subsided, but if a deal does go down with LA, and Mabika is part of that deal, what do you think about a starting line up of Arcain (still hoping that piece falls into place), Mabika, Phillips, Snow and Lambert? I like Canty and I think Van does, too...and then if Houston can retain Pollyanna, that is not a bad group of players to seven deep...and then Thompson coming back.

And don't forget the Belle of the Ball at the end of last season...there's always Octavia Blue...oh well, reality does have to rear it's ugly head.

herrade

PostPosted: 02/16/05 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Keira, to get someone who can rebound and contribute on the offensive end (we just lost a double-digit scorer on a bad day), we'd have to give up the Baby. That's the price I'm not willing to pay.

i would love to see the liberty rebuilt around christon, just as i would love to see the knicks rebuilt around ariza. however, i'm not that committed to her yet. i would be willing to sacrifice christon for an exciting, engaging post. this said, i will be cheering for the comets (sick, i know) when they are in town. i hope tari gives ann wauters a black eye -- or two. if donaphin is on the court, i hope she she takes her all the way down.

for the very first time, i've renewed my season sub not to see the liberty, but to see all the great talent on other teams that will come through the door. unfortunately, most people i'm interested in seeing are in the west, but it will still be worth it.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: