RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OBAMAGATE: The Reality
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What IS it??
O-'BAMA'-Gate: Barack tried to remove Alabama from the USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ObaM.A.G.A.te: Barack turned that famous mantra into "Make America Gag Again"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ObamaGAYte: Barack was really in love with Mechelle, who was indeed, a drag queen.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OBAMAGATE = "AMOEBA TAG" in anagram form, foreshadowing the epic microbial disaster we are all facing, having long known it was Barack's fault all along
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Other: _______________________
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Howee

PostPosted: 05/17/20 3:22 pm    ::: OBAMAGATE: The Reality Reply Reply with quote

What do YOU believe.... Question

IFFF you dare to pick "Other", please specify. Cool

PostPosted: 05/17/20 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cute poll. Wink

I'll tell you this. I don't have an opinion on this one. Because I can't deep dive into shit like this any more. I just can't. So many better things to do.

But there is a source of political news I'd like to share. And they are of the opinion that there's something to this Obamagate stuff. But I don't qualify or disqualify any media on the basis that I find that they're wrong about something or even a number of things. I credit them for whatever I hear that I know in my heart is the political and God awful truths of our time. And so they may be way off on Obamagate. Hey, they have a show to produce day in and day out. They are pretty much on the outside of big time punditry at this point and those two things can lead to a willingness to grab onto something on the edges now and then.

And that would be Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti's show on The Hill (Whatever form that 'publication' has taken at this point, I have no idea. I watch their shit on YouTube.)

And I will say this about their show, called RISING. I have never seen more brutal honest political truths on any form of media outside the old days on KPFK, LA's Pacifica Radio station on the way way WAY out Left Coast. They are right now doing the most essential political truth telling on this planet.

I'll be posting some of their stuff here as I respond to some things.

I would so love to take political talk on this board to someplace more subtle, more calm and more open and forgiving of other people's opinions. You know, like friends on the ground and not just anonymous usernames on the internet.

But yeah, on Obamagate I'd like to hear what people here on Rebkell's have to say about it.

PostPosted: 05/17/20 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there is nothing that Joe Biden would love more than for Trump to turn this election into an Obama vs. Trump referendum.

Obama left office at a high in popularity, and since then has been the beneficiary of the typical "ex-president" bump. Thus he remains an exceptionally popular figure outside of some partisan echo chambers.

Notably, his popularity is so far beyond both Biden's and Trump's that they barely belong charted on the same graph.

PostPosted: 05/18/20 5:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watch Rising. I like that they haven’t gone to the “from my living room” broadcasting everyone else has done despite the fact that we are told six feet is a safe distance. But I do wonder if they are six feet apart behind the desk. They could be further apart.

I also like The Jimmy Dore Show for political commentary. He also isn’t feeling the DNC and Co.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/18/20 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I think there is nothing that Joe Biden would love more than for Trump to turn this election into an Obama vs. Trump referendum.

Obama left office at a high in popularity, and since then has been the beneficiary of the typical "ex-president" bump. Thus he remains an exceptionally popular figure outside of some partisan echo chambers.

Notably, his popularity is so far beyond both Biden's and Trump's that they barely belong charted on the same graph.

I know, right?! Makes one ponder: is this the brainchild of Trump himself, orrr....the devious scheming of his minions (think: Hannity, Bannon, Miller, et. al.) and wtf is their logic in starting a shit war??

PostPosted: 05/18/20 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, Jeezus Pleezus. It appears to be nothing more than Chump's lame attempt at drudging up a big fat nothingburger....Obama wiretapped Trump Towers, he says. OOLD fake news.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/18/20 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obama was doing politics as usual. That's all he ever did, as he is a run-of-the-mill politician.

Trump doesn't know what's usual, has a history of believing conspiracy theories, and is deeply racist. Of course he's trying to blow it up into something unprecedented.

PostPosted: 05/18/20 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Trump doesn't know what's usual, has a history of believing conspiracy theories, and is deeply racist.

A serious question here: What has he done that would lead you to say that he is racist? Also which conspiracy theories are you referring to? For the record I have tried to follow these accusations in the past for my own knowledge and it always leads to someone's misinterpretation or overreaction to something signed into law. I've never heard him refer to someone as the n-word, for example.

On a separate note, Attorney General William Barr has announced that he doesn't foresee a criminal investigation of Joe Biden or Barack Obama relating to this scandal. Not sure if due to lack of evidence or the opposite.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/18/20 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What has Trump done to make me think he's racist? Refusing to rent to blacks and lying to them about apartment availability in his buildings, which he managed to plea bargain out of being a violation of the Fair Housing Act. His continuing assertion of the guilt of the "Central Park Five", despite DNA evidence. John O'Donnell's Trumped! quotes Trump as saying “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump said in a 1997 interview with Playboy that the book was accurate, though he later denied it.

I've never heard of him using then-word either, but it would hardly be shocking if he had. If such a thing did come out nobody would say "Not Donald, he seemed like such a sophisticated and careful man who would never use such vulgar language, I'm so disappointed in him."

As for conspiracies, Trump is a birther. That's what put him on the political map instead of just being another loud mouthed rich dude.

PostPosted: 05/19/20 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
What has Trump done to make me think he's racist? Refusing to rent to blacks and lying to them about apartment availability in his buildings, which he managed to plea bargain out of being a violation of the Fair Housing Act. His continuing assertion of the guilt of the "Central Park Five", despite DNA evidence. John O'Donnell's Trumped! quotes Trump as saying “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. … I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” Trump said in a 1997 interview with Playboy that the book was accurate, though he later denied it.

Is that all??? Razz Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/19/20 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Is that all??? Razz Laughing Laughing

It's a start

PostPosted: 05/26/20 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You want another conspiracy theory the president believes in?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/26/opinion/trump-scarborough-twitter.html

Quote:
The real issue is the very serious collateral damage of this fight, which is the post-mortem libel of Ms. Klausutis and the ensuing suffering of her husband and family. They are the victims, of Mr. Trump and of Twitter’s inability to manage its troubled relationship with him.

PostPosted: 05/26/20 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
You want another conspiracy theory the president believes in?

Laughing Now, you KNOW he doesn't believe in that one....but he knows his average deplorable will, so....he touts it.

The author in that article is most correct. Twitter is at fault for allowing it. I don't know why masses of Twitter followers don't delete their accounts and leave that damned platform so it can become another of Trump's singular shit shows.

PostPosted: 05/26/20 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter has apologized. But I'm not sure about this one. This has come up before, but from the other side years ago when Joe was a Republican.

Second, looking at the tweet, I don't see anything legally problematic. Moreover, there's TONS of this same conjecture allowed every day without apology when it comes to the Epstein suicide.

And well, cough, choke... there's this.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do people think the president is racist? In response to the Minneapolis riots, he's quoting George Wallace...

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Joe Biden was my fifth or sixth choice for Dem nominee.

But during that first debate, when I first saw Joe...the amount of nostalgia and just..warmth..I felt..just seeing Joe again..

Why? I was reminded of Obama.

Still didn't want Joe to win..still think he's a poor pick..but shit..how many people felt that same way?

So yeah..I think Joe Biden would LOVE to turn this into Obama vs Trump.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Why do people think the president is racist? In response to the Minneapolis riots, he's quoting George Wallace...

It's amazing to me this is even a question anymore..

If you don't know Trump is racist, you don't know what racism is.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

They thought he was racist because of something he hadn’t said yet? Did he attribute Wallace? If you are referring to “looting and shooting” that is supposed to match what a Miami police chief once said:

Quote:
In threatening to use the military to shoot down looters in Minneapolis, President Trump was employing a phrase apparently coined by a Miami police chief in 1967, when his city was in the throes of protests over the department’s use of “stop and frisk” tactics that targeted African-Americans.

Last edited by tfan on 05/29/20 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:

It's amazing to me this is even a question anymore..

If you don't know Trump is racist, you don't know what racism is.

Do you think racism is binary - someone either is or isn’t?

It seems to me that we are a society that doesn’t tolerate obvious racist statements or actions. If Trump is doing obvious racist things I would expect CNN, which has no hesitation to criticize Trump, to be featuring them each night they occur and possibly spend multiple nights on them. But the only thing I can recall was them spending a lot of time claiming he said some white supremacists/NEO-Nazis were fine people , even after a guest had pointed out that he specifically excluded them from his “fine people on both sides” comment in the same press conference.

Last edited by tfan on 05/29/20 7:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Hawkeye

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Other.....being President while black and making fun of Trump at the correspondent's dinner.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
Other.....being President while black and making fun of Trump at the correspondent's dinner.

Huh?? What does that even mean?

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Everyone has the prejudice in them. That's human nature. It's just a matter of how much effort is made to control it.

PostPosted: 05/29/20 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:

Everyone has the prejudice in them. That's human nature. It's just a matter of how much effort is made to control it.

Good lord what is this? It's like a... like a... window into a place where people are being honest with each other. I don't know what to do. How do I freeze this moment and hang onto this feeling forever?

PostPosted: 06/28/20 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do people think Trump is a racist?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-villages-protest-white-power-141941308.html

Quote:
President Trump promoted a video Sunday that featured clashing protesters, one of whom chants, "White power."

"Thank you to the great people of The Villages," Trump wrote on Twitter while sharing the video.

PostPosted: 06/28/20 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Why do people think Trump is a racist?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-villages-protest-white-power-141941308.html

Quote:
President Trump promoted a video Sunday that featured clashing protesters, one of whom chants, "White power."

"Thank you to the great people of The Villages," Trump wrote on Twitter while sharing the video.

Also, of note, in the same tweet he said that his opponent "is shot." You know, like a president does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: