RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Power Rankings
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/20 6:02 pm    ::: 2020 WNBA Power Rankings Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29055547/wnba-power-rankings-washington-mystics-seattle-storm-lead-way

1. Washington Mystics
2. Seattle Storm
3. Los Angeles Sparks
4. Connecticut Sun
5. Las Vegas Aces
6. Chicago Sky
7. Phoenix Mercury
8. Atlanta Dream
9. Minnesota Lynx
10. Indiana Fever
11. Dallas Wings
12. New York Liberty

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/18/20 6:12 pm    ::: Re: 2020 WNBA Power Rankings Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29055547/wnba-power-rankings-washington-mystics-seattle-storm-lead-way

Quote:
Center Liz Cambage might not return this season from Australia -- she's currently not listed on the Aces' roster

Even Voepel doesn't know. I feel that I can't really make a season prediction, well, until there'll officially be a season for starters, but also until this Cambage situation is resolved - neither of which may even happen. Evil or Very Mad

toad455

PostPosted: 04/18/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Aces without Cambage might be a lottery team.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
adamj95

PostPosted: 04/18/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Cambage not signing due to coronavirus or Cambage being Cambage?

PostPosted: 04/18/20 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

Far more the latter. She was already one of the final couple of (remotely meaningful) players left to sign before any of this hit.

PostPosted: 04/19/20 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Far more the latter. She was already one of the final couple of (remotely meaningful) players left to sign before any of this hit.

The fashionably late...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/19/20 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like those power rankings. I see Indiana moving a step ahead and Minnesota falling a step back this season .

PostPosted: 04/19/20 5:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

No way. If anything they might be better than with her Razz

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/20 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is another Voepel production. She must be bored in the house, bored in the house, bored... to keep coming out with all this new material.

She’s really not feeling PHX this season. After being PHX’s lap dog in 2012 by refusing to acknowledge they were tanking, I thought she might have some innate kind of obligation to always love them, but apparently not.

Not only did Voepel give PHX the lowest grade on draft night, a scathing C+, on a draft that was actually pretty respectable considering what they had to work with, now she’s got PHX ranked 7th after all the money moves they made. She didn’t like PHX throwing nearly one-third of their long term budget at guards Diggins and Hartley? Probably goes deeper than that.

If any lottery team were to leap over Minnesota (which probably isn’t happening even after the poor offseason), I would think it’d be IND before ATL. She’s got ATL going from last place to 8th place based on it being a totally unrecognizable team from last season? Maybe that’s a good thing considering their record last season, but these are a lot parts being thrown together without knowing how well they fit. It’s Collenstein’s Monster. To me the parts are fitting together ugly.

People seem to forget how many games Lynx players missed due to injury last season, and they still managed a respectable a 18-16 record.

Shepard: Missed 28 games after showing so much promise.
Christmas: Missed 28 games.
Augustus: Missed 22 games and kept better players off the floor when she did play, so how badly are they going to miss her now?
Fagbenle: Missed 16 games, but I’m not sure of the breakdown of how these games were missed... obligations/injury/benched.
Dantas: Missed 8 games.

That’s a lot of games missed games by some key players. I figure the odds are with the Lynx having improved injury health this season.

Are the Lynx really a lottery team this year? I wouldn’t bet on it.

Last edited by Shades on 04/19/20 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total
toad455

PostPosted: 04/19/20 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd have Chicago higher, the Sun lower.

Mine:

1. Washington Mystics
2. Seattle Storm
3. Chicago Sky
4. Los Angeles Sparks
5. Phoenix Mercury
6. Atlanta Dream
7. Connecticut Sun
8. Indiana Fever
9. Las Vegas Aces
10. Minnesota Lynx
11. Dallas Wings
12. New York Liberty

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/19/20 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fist bump to Shades for the Tik Tok reference, gotta keep up with these youngins.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 04/19/20 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This is another Voepel production. She must be bored in the house, bored in the house, bored... to keep coming out with all this new material.

She’s really not feeling PHX this season. After being PHX’s lap dog in 2012 by refusing to acknowledge they were tanking, I thought she might have some innate kind of obligation to always love them, but apparently not.

Not only did Voepel give PHX the lowest grade on draft night, a scathing C+, on a draft that was actually pretty respectable considering what they had to work with, now she’s got PHX ranked 7th after all the money moves they made. She didn’t like PHX throwing nearly one-third of their long term budget at guards Diggins and Hartley? Probably goes deeper than that.

If any lottery team were to leap over Minnesota (which probably isn’t happening even after the poor offseason), I would think it’d be IND before ATL. She’s got ATL going from last place to 8th place based on it being a totally unrecognizable team from last season? Maybe that’s a good thing considering their record last season, but these are a lot parts being thrown together without knowing how well they fit. It’s Collenstein’s Monster. To me the parts are fitting together ugly.

People seem to forget how many games Lynx players missed due to injury last season, and they still managed a respectable a 18-16 record.

Shepard: Missed 28 games after showing so much promise.
Christmas: Missed 28 games.
Augustus: Missed 22 games and kept better players off the floor when she did play, so how badly are they going to miss her now?
Fagbenle: Missed 16 games, but I’m not sure of the breakdown of how these games were missed... obligations/injury/benched.
Dantas: Missed 8 games.

That’s a lot of games missed games by some key players. I figure the odds are with the Lynx having improved injury health this season.

Are the Lynx really a lottery team this year? I wouldn’t bet on it.

Yep, I am calling it right now, the Lynx make the playoffs for the 10th straight time. They will be stronger with new additions this year and with free agents next year, they will contend for the title again

PostPosted: 04/19/20 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd have Chicago higher, the Sun lower.

Mine:

1. Washington Mystics
2. Seattle Storm
3. Chicago Sky
4. Los Angeles Sparks
5. Phoenix Mercury
6. Atlanta Dream
7. Connecticut Sun
8. Indiana Fever
9. Las Vegas Aces
10. Minnesota Lynx
11. Dallas Wings
12. New York Liberty

I love the fact that no matter what we do in Dallas, everyone looks at us as being dis functional and irrelevant, bottom dwellers! I can't wait to see what everyone's has to say when we take over this league and sooner than they think...."You'll keep that same energy!"

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/19/20 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As long as you believe in your team, that’s all that matters.. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/19/20 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

🤓🤓🤓

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/20/20 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Coronavirus has nothing to do with it. However, she has long been afflicted with Cambagavirus.

PostPosted: 04/20/20 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

I found I enjoyed the games a lot more when I quit believing in my team. Very Happy Now they are not even my team any longer.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 04/20/20 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

There is a zero percent chance that Angel McCoughtry, playing on a team that has better players, at every position, than the team she just left, will miss the playoffs.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
toad455

PostPosted: 04/20/20 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

There is a zero percent chance that Angel McCoughtry, playing on a team that has better players, at every position, than the team she just left, will miss the playoffs.

They'll have just Wilson & Hamby inside basically. And if no foreigners show up, Avery Warley-Talbert is their only post off the bench.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/20/20 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I agree, Wilson/McCoughtry/McBride is a nice big 3, along with Hamby, Plum, Robinson, and hopefully Young makes a nice jump for year 2.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/20/20 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

They'll have just Wilson & Hamby inside basically. And if no foreigners show up, Avery Warley-Talbert is their only post off the bench.

Why is there a perception that no foreign players will show up, because they’re scared of the way Trump is handling the coronavirus situation?

toad455

PostPosted: 04/20/20 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Why is there a perception that no foreign players will show up, because they’re scared of the way Trump is handling the coronavirus situation?

if international travel sanctions aren't lifted whenever play/camps begin, no one outside of the US will be playing in the W this season. The exemption may be Canadian players.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 04/20/20 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The last time McCoughtry was in the league, she dragged a team that is much worse than the team she's on now to the second-best record in the league; they were a Moriah Jefferson chop-block away from winning a championship. That same team won eight games, without her. Vegas ain't missing the playoffs, I'll bet you lunch.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/20/20 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are a lot of variables involved to constructing a championship team. I always like to see teams play some games against top competition first to determine if a team has the IT FACTOR necessary to win a championship. Injuries, age, team chemistry, skill development are some of the categories I use to determine if a team has what it takes to win a championship.

PostPosted: 04/20/20 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

if international travel sanctions aren't lifted whenever play/camps begin, no one outside of the US will be playing in the W this season. The exemption may be Canadian players.

There are travel restrictions, yes. But yet every day a whole bunch of planes fly in from foreign countries.

Basically, you just have to get a waiver and then go through the whole testing/quarantine process when you arrive.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: