16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Mystics
69%
 69%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 62

greg5222

PostPosted: 04/17/20 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But she’s not going to be a franchise player ever again.

She doesn't have to be and that is not expected of her given the talent around her. She's one part of a very good starting lineup. There is no pressure on ANY one of them. Now Latoya Sanders becomes a big off the bench along with Tianna Hawkins and Meesseman. Powers, Mitchell, Leslie and Hines-Allen. Potent bench.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

Last edited by greg5222 on 04/17/20 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/17/20 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:

She doesn't have to be and that is not expected of her given the talent around her. She's one part of a very good starting lineup. There is no pressure on ANY one of them. Now Latoya Sanders become a big off the bench along with Tianna Hawkins and Meesseman. Powers, Mitchell, Leslie and Hines-Allen. Potent bench.

Exactly my point. That’s why I think the trade in beneficial to both NY and DC. Though I’d expect EDD at SF at least sometimes. Sanders is a better defensive player than Tina by a margin.

PostPosted: 04/17/20 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Regarding what I’ve said about Tina, just a couple of things. She’s in decline. That’s a fact borne by every stat. Doesn’t mean I said she was bad.

Also within 5 feet she shot .519 last year and .652 two years ago. She also shot slightly more from inside ten feet last year than in 2018. Her 3 point percentage was way down too. But it wasn’t just perimeter play at issue last year. She was not herself even in the paint. Couple that with a multi year decline in rebounding...

I still think she helps DC. But she’s not going to be a franchise player ever again.

Completely agree. Indeed, I suspect that many Liberty fans active on this board--including those of us who love Tina Charles--would, sadly, have to agree. She definitely can help the Mystics, but "she's in decline" is a fact.

Yes for sure. And I wholly respect Tina in every way for sacrificing in so many ways for the Libs. I was a little surprised at how Sports Guru interpreted my posts. The trade benefits DC as well.

PostPosted: 04/17/20 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
greg5222 wrote:

She doesn't have to be and that is not expected of her given the talent around her. She's one part of a very good starting lineup. There is no pressure on ANY one of them. Now Latoya Sanders become a big off the bench along with Tianna Hawkins and Meesseman. Powers, Mitchell, Leslie and Hines-Allen. Potent bench.

Exactly my point. That’s why I think the trade in beneficial to both NY and DC. Though I’d expect EDD at SF at least sometimes. Sanders is a better defensive player than Tina by a margin.

They will just continue to outscore teams and beat them by 20 or more like last year Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/17/20 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:

She doesn't have to be and that is not expected of her given the talent around her. She's one part of a very good starting lineup. There is no pressure on ANY one of them. Now Latoya Sanders becomes a big off the bench along with Tianna Hawkins and Meesseman. Powers, Mitchell, Leslie and Hines-Allen. Potent bench.

You've only left yourself with four starters there Wink.

PostPosted: 04/17/20 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Yes for sure. And I wholly respect Tina in every way for sacrificing in so many ways for the Libs. I was a little surprised at how Sports Guru interpreted my posts. The trade benefits DC as well.

What you have said about "sacrificing in so many ways for the Libs" is really important. The vast majority of Liberty fans surely understand that. It's why I'll always have a great feeling for Tina Charles.

One of the things I detest about our sick sports culture is the way that fans turn on players who've given a lot to a team but then leave. I hope that whenever Tina Charles plays her first game for the Mystics in Brooklyn fans give her a 10-minute standing ovation.

PostPosted: 04/17/20 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, if Delle Donne and Charles play a lot of their minutes alongside each other specifically as the 4-5 tandem, Charles isn't even going to be the first option in the post (so to speak) let alone first option on the floor in general. The attention Delle Donne will continue to get from the defense might just translate into Charles putting up franchise-player-level numbers anyway, especially if her rebounding picks back up. On the other hand, I'm guessing Charles will be guarded by the opposing team's center one-on-one a lot more often, and they're all Charles' height or (sometimes a lot) taller these days. Still, Thibault's a creative coach offensively, and this'll be the most talent Charles has ever had to work with around her in the W, so it'll be interesting to see how her game adjusts to it.

greg5222

PostPosted: 04/17/20 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
greg5222 wrote:

You've only left yourself with four starters there Wink.

Absolutely Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: