Board Junkies Forums

2021 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/13/21 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Rupert played in three ELW games all year, scoring a total of 28 points, 18 of which were in a meaningless game at the end between two teams who were already out. So, yay?

LMAO.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look for Didi Richards to go higher. At 6'2"', great defender, athletic, can defend both guards and forwards well. gives 100% always, can rebound, good teammate, etc. Not a great offensive shooter or scorer though, as most of you know. No one out there like her.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/13/21 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Look for Didi Richards to go higher. At 6'2"', great defender, athletic, can defend both guards and forwards well. gives 100% always, can rebound, good teammate, etc. Not a great offensive shooter or scorer though, as most of you know. No one out there like her.

pilight thinks she should go No. 3.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/21 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

pilight thinks she should go No. 3.

Yeah, that's what I said

PostPosted: 04/13/21 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

👍👍💜

PostPosted: 04/13/21 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Look for DiDi Richards to go higher. At 6'2"', great defender, athletic, can defend both guards and forwards well. gives 100% always, can rebound, good teammate, etc. Not a great offensive shooter or scorer though, as most of you know. No one out there like her.

She averaged 4 rebounds per game for her Baylor career – and not even that this past season. If you think of her as a PG, that number doesn’t matter much. For those of us that think of her more as a SF, that’s pretty bad for someone who’s 6’1-6’2 and plays as hard as she does. But that’s just nit-picking. The main concern will be whether or not she can take & make open shots when the defense inevitably leaves her open, collapsing in heavily on Richards’ 4 other teammates. The next concern will be if she can keep herself healthy year-round considering her all-out-every-night playing style. (Would she be able to temper/change that if necessary?)

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/13/21 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll be shocked if Richards makes a roster. I just don't think there's room in the league (any more, or maybe ever) for a perimeter player that not only can't shoot, but frequently shows no interest in scoring in any fashion. Someone will take a look in camp, just to check whether Mulkey was holding her back and there's more there, but I don't think just perimeter defense is enough. And she doesn't bring much else.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I'll be shocked if Richards makes a roster. I just don't think there's room in the league (any more, or maybe ever) for a perimeter player that not only can't shoot, but frequently shows no interest in scoring in any fashion. Someone will take a look in camp, just to check whether Mulkey was holding her back and there's more there, but I don't think just perimeter defense is enough. And she doesn't bring much else.

Her other big skill is her ability to distribute. Over 6 assists per game this past season, which is why some people want whichever team drafts her to use her as a PG. Still, regardless of whether or not she has the handles to be one (hint: she does not), even PGs in the W have to score. If a coach can figure out how to make her effective on offense by harnessing her ability to pass without her having to shoot the rock a whole lot, give ‘em the COY award.

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/13/21 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

I really really hope she goes top 8 Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/13/21 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, that high dribble is scary for a primary ballhandler, which is part of why I think most teams will see her as a wing. And distribution gets tougher when defenses are playing 10ft off you and basically covering everyone else 5v4.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didi Richards really reminds me of Chelsea Newton, with better handles. Chelsea came into the WNBA at the right time, and I think that time has passed for players of this mold.

That said, Richards has shown flashes of hitting mid-range shots off the dribble. She's got all the tools needed to finish at the rim. I could see her potentially sticking on teams(at least for a year) like Dallas, Chicago, Washington, or Indiana. Not sure she could even make the final roster on half of those teams.

PostPosted: 04/13/21 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Didi Richards really reminds me of Chelsea Newton, with better handles. Chelsea came into the WNBA at the right time, and I think that time has passed for players of this mold.

Funny you should mention Chelsea Newton, because as I recall, she chose to retire perhaps earlier than I think she wanted to because her style of play was too rough & physical on her own body, and thus was unsustainable in the long-term............. 🐸☕️

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/14/21 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK one last try before Thursday

1. Dallas Collier
2. Dallas Kuier
3. Atl Davis
4. Indy Guirantes
5. Dallas McDonald
6. NY Walker
7. Dallas Dungee
8. Chi Evans
9. Minn Mack
10. LA Onyenwere
11. Sea Williams
12. LV Carrington

13. Dallas Perry
14. LV Richards
15. Atl Gondrezick
16. Chi Slocum
17. NY Rupert
18. Sea Heal
19. Indy Thompson
20. Conn N. Jones
21. Conn Mangakahia
22. LA C. Johnson
23. Sea Carerra
24. Indy Lott

25. NY Goodman
26. Indy Pulliam
27. Atl Bailey
28. LA Wilson
29. NY Fauthoux
30. Conn Kelly
31. Indy Mbaka
32. PX Baptiste
33. Indy Vaughn
34. LA Chagas
35. Sea Cain
36. LV Whitehead

Randy

PostPosted: 04/14/21 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you have a winner J-Spoon. Is it ok if I enter your mock in that online draft contest? Smile

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/14/21 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
OK one last try before Thursday

1. Dallas Collier
2. Dallas Kuier
3. Atl Davis
4. Indy Guirantes
5. Dallas McDonald
6. NY Walker
7. Dallas Dungee
8. Chi Evans
9. Minn Mack
10. LA Onyenwere
11. Sea Williams
12. LV Carrington

13. Dallas Perry
14. LV Richards
15. Atl Gondrezick
16. Chi Slocum
17. NY Rupert
18. Sea Heal
19. Indy Thompson
20. Conn N. Jones
21. Conn Mangakahia
22. LA C. Johnson
23. Sea Carerra
24. Indy Lott

25. NY Goodman
26. Indy Pulliam
27. Atl Bailey
28. LA Wilson
29. NY Fauthoux
30. Conn Kelly
31. Indy Mbaka
32. PX Baptiste
33. Indy Vaughn
34. LA Chagas
35. Sea Cain
36. LV Whitehead

Damn, I hope you are right about that first round!!!

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/14/21 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Slocum has value. One on one, she cannot beat the other top players who played PG in college. However, she is the only real PG among the top level PG's currently who can actually manage, lead and run a team- kind of like the skills and abilities of the #6 pick last year.

One example, Chicago. Should something come about that prohibits Vandersloot from being able to play, she, can step up and run, manage and lead the team with little education and training She's professional PG-ready.

Not saying Chicago should select her with their top pick but she would make a good backup.

Other teams, without going through the list, who need a backup PG, might find good value with Slocum too.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slocum has a tendency to pound the rock for 20 out of 24 seconds per play. She's also the weakest defender of the Elite PG's in this Draft (McDonald, Evans, Williams)

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Among Dungee, Carrington and Williams...

Depending upon the WNBA team needs of course, but I like Carrington. Bigger, stronger, pro-ready body etc. etc. draw your own conclusions.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c-B2NH9Wlm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/15/21 4:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Milks26

PostPosted: 04/14/21 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Carrington too. But, Dungee's a reliable and guarantee shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSuTfyXfi4c

wish list in the sig.

PostPosted: 04/14/21 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Slocum has a tendency to pound the rock for 20 out of 24 seconds per play. She's also the weakest defender of the Elite PG's in this Draft (McDonald, Evans, Williams)

Obviously, Evans and McDonald will be picked before her. I said value not elite pick. Most likely second round 16 or higher, depending upon the team's need.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/14/21 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

wish list in the sig.

But Carrington will be a better defender and is more athletic. Dungee is a great shooter, but her best asset, which is her ability to get to the rim, won't be as automatic against W defenders. IMO, she could be called for a LOOOOTTTTT of offensive fouls. The defenders at this level are way quicker and way smarter. I think she could have trouble staying on a roster.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/14/21 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Obviously, Evans and McDonald will be picked before her. I said value not elite pick. Most likely second round 16 or higher, depending upon the team's need.

*Thumbs Up*

I honestly think Slocum would have benefitted coming out last year versus this year. I for one thought she was thrive in Arky's system , she was steady but did not thrive like she did her freshmen year when she was NFOY.

PostPosted: 04/14/21 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

wish list in the sig.

But Carrington will be a better defender and is more athletic. Dungee is a great shooter, but her best asset, which is her ability to get to the rim, won't be as automatic against W defenders. IMO, she could be called for a LOOOOTTTTT of offensive fouls. The defenders at this level are way quicker and way smarter. I think she could have trouble staying on a roster.

Both have deficiencies , i think Dungee's performance versus UCONN catapulted her draft stock . She can score that's for sure and im sure Bibb wont pass her up. #Hopefully

PostPosted: 04/14/21 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one in my mind who could go higher than we are thinking - maybe Jasmine Walker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 50 of 53

Jump to: