RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Joe Biden Faces Sexual Assault Allegations FromFormerStaffer
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 589
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/26/20 10:44 pm    ::: Joe Biden Faces Sexual Assault Allegations FromFormerStaffer Reply Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-211641946.html

Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden is facing a new sexual assault allegation, from a woman named Tara Reade, who says she has been trying to share her story since 1993 when it allegedly happened. Reade’s allegation comes in the midst of Biden’s surging presidential campaign and is consistent with other stories women have shared about their discomfort with the way Biden has touched them.

Reade was a staff assistant for Joe Biden in 1993, when she claims he digitally raped her. She told part of her story in 2019, when Lucy Flores wrote in The Cut about the inappropriate way Biden smelled her hair and kissed the top of her head. At the time, several other women came forward to say that Biden had touched them in ways that made them uncomfortable, including Reade, who said that Biden used to put his hands on her shoulders and run his fingers up and down her neck. Now, she has detailed what she says is the entirety of her experience with Biden on The Katie Halper Show.

According to Reade, Biden pressed her up against a wall and digitally penetrated her without her consent. “It happened all at once, and then… his hands were on me and underneath my clothes,” she says. She also remembers him asking “do you want to go somewhere else?” and then, when she had pulled away, “Come on, man, I heard you liked me.” Reade says that “everything shattered” in that moment and his claim that he thought she liked him made her feel like she had “done this” somehow. “I looked up to him, he was my father’s age. He was this champion of women’s rights in my eyes,” she says. “I wanted to be a senator; I didn’t want to sleep with one.”

Following her accusations against Biden, reports from Ryan Grim at The Intercept detailed all the ways Reade was stonewalled in telling her story — including from Time’s Up, the high-profile organization founded to help survivors tell their stories in the midst of the #MeToo movement, which is housed within the National Women’s Law Center. According to Grim’s reporting, Reade asked for help from the organization in January of this year, but she was told they could not help her because it would jeopardize their non-profit status due to the fact that he was a presidential candidate.

“As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the National Women’s Law Center is restricted in how it can spend its funds, including restrictions that pertain to candidates running for election,” NWLC spokesperson, Maria Patrick, told The Intercept. It was also revealed in the same story that “the public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden’s presidential campaign.”


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60772
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/16/20 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "It's legitimate to talk about" allegations against Joe Biden

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-joe-biden-its-legitimate-to-talk-about-allegations/

Quote:
She went on to say, "I think it's legitimate to talk about these things. And if we want, if we again want to have integrity, you can't say, you know — both believe women, support all of this, until it inconveniences you, until it inconveniences us."

"A lot of us are survivors, and it's really, really hard and uncomfortable." Not discussing allegations is the "exact opposite of integrity" the congresswoman said, adding that it is "not okay" to prioritize beating Trump over discussing sensitive #MeToo issues like these because they are "very legitimate thing[s]."

"I think a lot of us are just in this moment where it's like, how did we get here? You know, it almost felt like we started this cycle where we had kind of moved on from, you know, from all of this. And now it feels like we're kind of back in it," Ocasio-Cortez said. "And, you know, the most diverse field that we've ever seen — that we're kind of back kind of replaying old movies in a way."



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 20286



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/17/20 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "It's legitimate to talk about" allegations against Joe Biden

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-joe-biden-its-legitimate-to-talk-about-allegations/

Quote:
She went on to say, "I think it's legitimate to talk about these things. And if we want, if we again want to have integrity, you can't say, you know — both believe women, support all of this, until it inconveniences you, until it inconveniences us."

"A lot of us are survivors, and it's really, really hard and uncomfortable." Not discussing allegations is the "exact opposite of integrity" the congresswoman said, adding that it is "not okay" to prioritize beating Trump over discussing sensitive #MeToo issues like these because they are "very legitimate thing[s]."

"I think a lot of us are just in this moment where it's like, how did we get here? You know, it almost felt like we started this cycle where we had kind of moved on from, you know, from all of this. And now it feels like we're kind of back in it," Ocasio-Cortez said. "And, you know, the most diverse field that we've ever seen — that we're kind of back kind of replaying old movies in a way."


I don't know. I like her. I like the way she thinks and I don't see a lot of political dodges in her public positions.



_________________
Falsehood will fly on the wings of the wind, and carry its tales to every corner of the earth; whilst truth lags behind; her steps slow and solemn, she has neither the vigour nor activity to overtake her enemy. - Thomas Francklin
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20176



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/17/20 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They might as well start addressing those things because the red team is certainly going to, and yes it is a legitimate thing to talk about.
The one thing I kinda disagree with her about is prioritizing. That is something that happens all the time, and is necessary because the whole world is not binary. If you can't prioritize and let certain things go then you never move forwards.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7927



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/20 5:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In an interview a month or two ago Tara Reade mentioned that her mother had called into Larry King about her incident with Biden but had not mentioned his name, just that it was a Senator. They found the tape of that 1993 phone call. But the mother does not mention sexual assault or give any details about what happened.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/24/tara-reade-biden-video-207670


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12838
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/20 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't care what an honest, thorough investigation reveals. If Biden is the nominee- which I sincerely hope he is not because he has basically been a Republican his entire career- I will vote for him, because Trump, along w/ the rest of the #OutlawGOP, is overseeing the ruination of the United States of America.

Trump, MCConnell, and Barr personify an Axis of Evil which must be removed from office.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60772
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/20 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/24/tara-reade-biden-video-207670

Quote:
A 1993 video has surfaced that appears to show the mother of Tara Reade, the former aide to Joe Biden who has accused him of sexual assault, talking about "problems" her daughter faced on CNN’s "Larry King Live."



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7927



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/27/20 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Neighbor from 1990s says Reade told her about the incident and was quite upset.

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-neighbor-corroborates-joe-bidens-accuser-2020-4?utmSource=twitter&utmContent=referral&utmTerm=topbar&referrer=twitter


Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4560



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/20 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly, this story isn't going to affect his candidacy. But only because he stands absolutely no chance of beating the dipshit in office in the first place.

I've said it since the first time he was elected, he's going to win a second term in a walk.

Pardon me while I go vomit.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60772
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/30/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Biden To Address Tara Reade Sexual Assault Allegation On ‘Morning Joe’

https://deadline.com/2020/04/joe-biden-tara-reade-morning-hoe-1202922618/



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 11003



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/20 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Honestly, this story isn't going to affect his candidacy.


It had no effect four years ago. That's for sure.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18688



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/20 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If these claims had any sort of substance, he wouldn't have been Obama's VP.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60772
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/20 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have little doubt that something happened between Reade and Biden. My guess is that it was something less lurid than Republicans would like but also more problematic than Democrats would be comfortable with.



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7927



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/20 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What makes the Democrats look bad is them taking the New York Times story that looked at the charge (before the former neighbor and co-worker came forward) and turning it into exoneration. Stacey Abrams kept repeating that Biden campaign talking point about thin a Don Lemon interview and he failed to point out the falsehood - the New York Times said they couldn’t tell one way or the other.

I only see one minute of the Don Lemon interview on YouTube but she referenced that New York Times article multiple times and pointed to it as something that showed he didn’t do it.

Here is the one mention they have:

“I believe that women deserve to be heard and also believe that they need to be listened to. But I also believe that those allegations have to be investigated. I believe Joe Biden. ... The New York Times investigation does not support the charges against the Vice President.”


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18688



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/20 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I have little doubt that something happened between Reade and Biden. My guess is that it was something less lurid than Republicans would like but also more problematic than Democrats would be comfortable with.


Why?



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7927



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/20 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
I have little doubt that something happened between Reade and Biden. My guess is that it was something less lurid than Republicans would like but also more problematic than Democrats would be comfortable with.


Why?


Because she told people about it, at a minimum, in 1993, 1995 and 2008. One of whom called in to Larry King. And she filed an ambiguous report with the police at that time to have some protection.

If Biden minions denying hearing about it (which would also make them guilty of not doing anything about it) cancels that then women should be heard, but not believed.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20176



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/20 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
If these claims had any sort of substance, he wouldn't have been Obama's VP.

Oh please.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60772
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/20 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
I have little doubt that something happened between Reade and Biden. My guess is that it was something less lurid than Republicans would like but also more problematic than Democrats would be comfortable with.


Why?


It's very rare for someone to make up a story like this out of whole cloth, let alone stick with it this long.



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18688



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/20 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I don't care what an honest, thorough investigation reveals. If Biden is the nominee- which I sincerely hope he is not because he has basically been a Republican his entire career- I will vote for him, because Trump, along w/ the rest of the #OutlawGOP, is overseeing the ruination of the United States of America.

Trump, MCConnell, and Barr personify an Axis of Evil which must be removed from office.


We would be a significantly better country if the Republican party looked like Biden, the cray cray authoritarian outspokenly racist nazi republican party went away, and real progressive people as the other party.

It would be like..an actual choice. Laughing

Biden is a mixed bag policy wise. But at the end of the day, Clinton and Obama were likely the two best presidents in all of our lifetimes. (That doesn't mean they were perfect, no president is going to be)...Biden is going to fill his cabinet with people from that administration, and some of the really great up and comers..(Harris, Murphy, Castro, Booker, Buttigieg, O'Rorke, Klobachar, Gillibrand..)....and he'd sign any progressive bill that got to him.

That is so far and away better than what we have now...



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18688



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/20 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
If these claims had any sort of substance, he wouldn't have been Obama's VP.

Oh please.




He was the first black President. His vetting team was exceptional. Republicans tried EVERYTHING to ruin him..including making a scandal out of a tan suit and Obama's choice in mustard. If there was anything about Biden out there, he wouldn't have been VP...and if Obama's team missed it, Republicans would have found it.

And then Reade has some significant credibility issues.

Regardless, Biden's response is what we need from men. "Women's claims need to be taken seriously, investigate it." What that doesn't mean, is to defy common sense and assume all men are always guilty. Because then the movement goes from being legitimate to actually being a witch hunt - and we are back at square one in terms of believability.

Women's claims need to be taken seriously, but if it moves into witch hunt territory, women will be back to square one.

Quote:
It's very rare for someone to make up a story like this out of whole cloth, let alone stick with it this long.


She didn't though. She's changed her story many times. The very few who corroborated with her, were coached on what to say (as was she).

It's rare because there are usually many consequences and no benefits to making up an allegation. But it happens more frequently with high profile men because there can be benefits.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12879
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/20 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
I have little doubt that something happened between Reade and Biden. My guess is that it was something less lurid than Republicans would like but also more problematic than Democrats would be comfortable with.

Why?

It's very rare for someone to make up a story like this out of whole cloth, let alone stick with it this long.


UNLESSSSS.... It's a PRESIDENTIAL election cycle, and the Trumpette Campaign folks--Shit Diggers Extraordinaire--might have dug her up, and done some serious courting of this Stormy Daniels-esque character to throw things awry. She? Nothing to lose, maybe some things to gain over a man she detests? Them? Clutching at straws.

I'd agree, *something* may have well happened between her and Joe....but after all the DiBlasio/Daniels/PussyGrabbing press, who (in their logical mind) actually gives a royal shit?

IT'S NOT BIDEN'S WEAKEST POINT AS A CANDIDATE. Razz



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60772
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/20 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
IT'S NOT BIDEN'S WEAKEST POINT AS A CANDIDATE. Razz


That's true, and a sad statement about what a poor candidate he is.



_________________
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12838
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/20 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
IT'S NOT BIDEN'S WEAKEST POINT AS A CANDIDATE. Razz


That's true, and a sad statement about what a poor candidate he is.



He sure is. Thank the old gods and the new that he's running against Trump.

My handicap of this race, at this point in time*, is that Biden wins because A- he's not carrying the HRC baggage and B- people have experienced a Trump term, and some may even realize their mistake in voting for him. Shocked

I don't think Biden needs the progressive vote. It will only determine the MOV.

My analysis DOES take into account the effect of the usual #OutlawGOP voter ratfuckery that will occur.


* handicap subject to change, depending on future events. Smile



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7927



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/20 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
I have little doubt that something happened between Reade and Biden. My guess is that it was something less lurid than Republicans would like but also more problematic than Democrats would be comfortable with.

Why?

It's very rare for someone to make up a story like this out of whole cloth, let alone stick with it this long.


UNLESSSSS.... It's a PRESIDENTIAL election cycle, and the Trumpette Campaign folks--Shit Diggers Extraordinaire--might have dug her up, and done some serious courting of this Stormy Daniels-esque character to throw things awry. She? Nothing to lose, maybe some things to gain over a man she detests? Them? Clutching at straws.

I'd agree, *something* may have well happened between her and Joe....but after all the DiBlasio/Daniels/PussyGrabbing press, who (in their logical mind) actually gives a royal shit?

IT'S NOT BIDEN'S WEAKEST POINT AS A CANDIDATE. Razz


Stormy Daniels voluntarily had sex with Trump and later blackmailed him and ultimately wanted an even bigger payday from the fame and fortune it would bring a porn star and traveling stripper. Tara Reade was cornered and fingered in the office by Joe Biden, lost her job when she complained about it, and was quite upset when recalling it to a neighbor in 1995. Don’t see the situations as equivalent.

But yes, as it turns out, all that #MeToo stuff by vocal Democrats was just politicized rhetoric or empty virtue signaling. When the guy at the top of their ticket gets accused they don’t give a shit. At least the Republicans are consistent: If it isn’t on film, it never happened. If it is on film then suck it up buttercup because boys will be boys.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12879
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/20 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Stormy Daniels voluntarily had sex with Trump and later blackmailed him and ultimately wanted an even bigger payday from the fame and fortune it would bring a porn star and traveling stripper. Tara Reade was cornered and fingered in the office by Joe Biden, lost her job when she complained about it, and was quite upset when recalling it to a neighbor in 1995. Don’t see the situations as equivalent.


Crock o' Shit. 'Blackmailed'?? Howz 'bout Enquirer/'Catch 'n Kill', etc. I don't care if she was a whore.
It happened.
No, WAIT....Trump said it didn't, so....IT DIDN'T


And you KNOW this is fact, primarily cuz you WANT it to be.
It happened.
No, WAIT....Biden said it didn't, so....IT DIDN'T.


Tit. For. Tat. = Equivalent. Razz
tfan wrote:
But yes, as it turns out, all that #MeToo stuff by vocal Democrats was just politicized rhetoric or empty virtue signaling. When the guy at the top of their ticket gets accused they don’t give a shit.

Right. That's why Al Franken walked off the job for what, comparatively, was a practical joke. After all the misogynistic/racist/etc. bullshit the GOP has forced We The People to overlook, NOW the Dems should be *upright* about condemning a man for fingering a girl 29 years ago? I say it's HIGH TIME the Dems stopped 'giving a shit' about such things, as you say....Boys will be boys.
tfan wrote:
At least the Republicans are consistent: If it isn’t on film, it never happened. If it is on film then suck it up buttercup because boys will be boys.

Do you even read what you write? This is absurd. Unless you're being sarcastic, what you're saying is anything BUT 'consistent'. Republicans say, "He never had sex with Stormy while his wife was home with a newborn, even though everybody knows he did, and he didn't REALLY grab pussies, even though everybody knows he did, he never did all those other sexual assault things, even though everybody knows he did, BUT....He's a highly qualified candidate. Now Joe fingered a girl many years ago. He's the scum of the earth!" But....I'll trust you were being sarcastic. Razz



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin