RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA tournament - RebKell Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/27/20 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm enjoying this, and encourage people to not be afraid of predicting an unpredictable upset! Very Happy

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/27/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The third round is now complete. All of the 1 and 2 seeds won with the exception of North Carolina St who fell to #3 UCLA. UConn had struggled in its first two rounds, at least compared to the seeding, but playing 6 seed Princeton had the biggest win of the 2 seeds, and a higher percentage than either of the first two rounds.

The Elite Eight matchups will be posted by tomorrow morning. I am aiming at having the voting to be completed for the Elite Eight on March 30. The Final Four voting will run until April 2 and the winner will be crowned on April 5, what would have been the night of the final in New Orleans.

Additionally I will remove the seed numbers going forward so that there is no confusion between the seed and the number of votes cast.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/27/20 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
....and the winner will be crowned on April 5, what would have been the night of the final in New Orleans.

Given the timing of the virus and its current virulence in NOLA, it's most fortuitous that things worked out as they did. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 03/31/20 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Final Four has now been posted. Oregon breezed by UConn 22-3. Baylor had a much closer game, winning 14-10 in a game that was close most of the way. The Ducks take on Baylor in a final 4 rematch from last season.

On the other side of the bracket South Carolina easily dispatched UCLA 20-5. Louisville upset Maryland 14-9 to be the only 2 seed to reach the Final Four.

Voting is now open for these two games.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/02/20 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're so boring! With all the supposed parity this year, here we are with #1 and #2 facing each other. Confused

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/03/20 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The final game has been posted, Oregon vs. South Carolina.

Oregon beat Baylor 23-5 while South Carolina beat Louisville 20-8 in the semifinals

Voting will go until 5 PM pacific time on Monday, April 6.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/06/20 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OREGON WINS

Oregon swept through the entire tournament without even a hint of worry. Beating UCDavis 18-0 and Central Michigan 21-2 was expected, but their continued dominance in the next two weekends were impressive.

The Ducks went through week 2 nearly as easily as week 1, beating Indiana 22-1 and then destroying Connecticut 22-3. That is a combined 85-6, a 93% win percentage, far better than any other team.

In New Orleans Oregon met up against the Baylor Bears in the semis and beat them 23-5, 82%. And in the finals against South Carolina it wasn't much tougher, winning 17-5, 77%.

Sabrina Ionescu won the Most Outstanding Player for the tournament. This was the first championship for a Pac 12 team in 28 years when Stanford beat Western Kentucky. Oregon became only the third different Pac 12 team to make the finals. Stanford made the final game 4 times between 1990 and 2010, winning twice. USC made the final in 3 of the first 6 years, winning in 1982 and 1983 before losing in 1986.

Thanks to everyone for voting. It isn't the same thing as the having the tournament, but I think it was better than nothing.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/06/20 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
OREGON WINS

Well....YAAAH. Cool But then, we all knew that back in November, right?? It's just nice to see the Pros concur. Very Happy

calbearman76 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for voting. It isn't the same thing as the having the tournament, but I think it was better than nothing.

It really was. Thank YOU, Cal, for your dedication to this task. It was a fun diversion from *reality*.

PostPosted: 04/13/20 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I MUST SAY, I'M A BIT SHOCKED AT THE LACK OF KUDOS TO OUR INIMITIBLE "CALBEARMAN"....

Where are all you misfits? Cal really does deserve a ton of credit for letting Oregon wi.....errrr....SEEING TO IT THAT.....okay, FOR RUNNING THE SHOW.

PostPosted: 04/14/20 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I MUST SAY, I'M A BIT SHOCKED AT THE LACK OF KUDOS TO OUR INIMITIBLE "CALBEARMAN"....

Where are all you misfits? Cal really does deserve a ton of credit for letting Oregon wi.....errrr....SEEING TO IT THAT.....okay, FOR RUNNING THE SHOW.

Thanks Howee. But it's okay. Getting 30+ votes on a few games was enough to show that people were interested. Hopefully we will be back to real games soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: