RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Games - Conference Tournaments: March 1-15
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/01/20 1:23 pm    ::: Other Games - Conference Tournaments: March 1-15 Reply Reply with quote

The dates of all the conference tournaments are here:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28717803/2019-20-women-ncaa-basketball-conference-tournament-schedule
dinkytown

PostPosted: 03/02/20 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The first upset of the tournaments occurred in game 3. #11 Utah State knocked off #6 San Diego State 81-79 in OT in the MWC First Round.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/03/20 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am enjoying watching the Utah St Aggies. They are playing smart basketball and hitting shots. Utah St 39-25 at the half.over Wyoming

I can't see either team staying with Boise in the semis.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/03/20 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I am enjoying watching the Utah St Aggies. They are playing smart basketball and hitting shots. Utah St 39-25 at the half.over Wyoming

I can't see either team staying with Boise in the semis.

I certainly put the hex on the Aggies. Utah St came out in the second half like they were trying to hold on to the lead instead of continuing to play the way they did in the first half. And when it started going bad they couldn't hit a shot.

Fresno looked only so-so today, but I expect them to play better tomorrow and get the win. UNLV looked bad against San Jose St.. Boise St should be able to handle Wyoming which would set up a good final Wednesday night.

Unfortunately there is no internet in the arena so I can't give live updates.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/03/20 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hoping for a Boise St/Fresno final even though I've been watching Whitehead and Basallo all season. They don't seem to have anything to match up with the Cavinders.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/04/20 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thoughts from the MW semis.

Fresno St played so much better today than yesterday. They have a solid group of players. The Cavenders looked good and generally played under control. Utti is the most polished and professional. She is solid and has a 4eal feel for the game. But my biggest takeaway from the game was just how poorly San Jose St used their timeouts. At 8-7 in the first quarter SJSU called a timeout after they made a basket. It worked out so well that they called another timeout with 30 seconds left in the quarter, down 28-11. They wasted another TO in the third quarter, although to be fair by then the game was totally out of reach.

The other note from game 1 was that midway through the 4th quarter Fresno was up 84-48, when SJSU hit 4 consecutive 3s to cut the lead to 84-60. They actually hit 2 more threes to make the final score much more respectable than the game actually was.

Game 2 was much more interesting. Boise was far the better team, but after getting a solid leading the second quarter they sputtered. Wyoming has big lumbering players and plays good defense but has no speed. For great stretches in the game Boise didn't exploit that, and as a result the game stayed within range. I also was surprised to see how poorly Mallory McGwire played at times. She seemed lost on offense, although some of this may have been by design. Boise wanted to keep the key open so they could drive so McGwire was left on the outside and took some I'll advised shots.

Boise will have to play far better tomorrow night or have Fresno revert to their form against Nevada if they want to claim the title.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/04/20 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WCBB is just so cyclical. I was just looking at the SEC bracket and seeing Tennessee, Georgia, and Vandy playing on days 1 or 2 still seems weird to us old timers.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/04/20 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Thoughts from the MW semis.

Fresno St played so much better today than yesterday. They have a solid group of players. The Cavenders looked good and generally played under control. Utti is the most polished and professional. She is solid and has a 4eal feel for the game. But my biggest takeaway from the game was just how poorly San Jose St used their timeouts. At 8-7 in the first quarter SJSU called a timeout after they made a basket. It worked out so well that they called another timeout with 30 seconds left in the quarter, down 28-11. They wasted another TO in the third quarter, although to be fair by then the game was totally out of reach.

The other note from game 1 was that midway through the 4th quarter Fresno was up 84-48, when SJSU hit 4 consecutive 3s to cut the lead to 84-60. They actually hit 2 more threes to make the final score much more respectable than the game actually was.

Game 2 was much more interesting. Boise was far the better team, but after getting a solid leading the second quarter they sputtered. Wyoming has big lumbering players and plays good defense but has no speed. For great stretches in the game Boise didn't exploit that, and as a result the game stayed within range. I also was surprised to see how poorly Mallory McGwire played at times. She seemed lost on offense, although some of this may have been by design. Boise wanted to keep the key open so they could drive so McGwire was left on the outside and took some I'll advised shots.

Boise will have to play far better tomorrow night or have Fresno revert to their form against Nevada if they want to claim the title.

thanks for the thoughts. I've wondered all year why McGwire wasn't appearing better than she has...and also when I watched, it seemed like she spent way too much time outside the key and taking those longer shots, and missing. Somehow I'm thinking their coach just doesn't know how to play with an inside dominant post. Kinda too bad.

- Amanda Gorman
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/04/20 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First round SEC pretty predictable: Auburn defeats Vandy, and Mizzou over Ole Miss.
Tomorrow should be more interesting.
https://www.secsports.com/bracket/womens-basketball

toad455

PostPosted: 03/04/20 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miami lost to Clemson. Pretty sure that just squashed their NCAA tournament hopes. Also, Mompremier's draft stock just took a tumble. Is she still a first-round pick?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/04/20 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CMU loses to Toledo! Shocked Big upset.

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/04/20 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
CMU loses to Toledo! Shocked Big upset.

At least that was still a regular season game.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/04/20 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fast paced ga.e in LV. Tied at 13 after 7 minutes. Early 3 point success has led to some poor shots. Cavenders scored first 10 points for FRes o.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/04/20 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

20-16 Fresno after 1. Boise hit 4 3s to keep the game close. Mallory McGwire has been a total non factor.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/04/20 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boise leads 29-29 midway through the second. Very quickly paced with few whistles

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/04/20 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boise leads 38-34 at the half. Haley Cavender scored the first 8 for Fresno but hasn't scored since. She seems to be pressing and it is hurting the rest of the team. McGwire didn't play in the second quarter and I saw her coughing a few times so she maybe under the weather.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boise 49-41 with3:40 to go in the third. Very sloppy play. Fresno is totally out of sorts. Hannah Cavender has had 4 drives to the basket where she either missed layups or was stuffed
McGwire has come back and is playing solid defense.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloppy play continues. Fresno has continued to drive without purpose and Boise's defense has shut down Fresno

51-45 afr 3.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fresno came out with a purpose in the 4th and has gotten with 2. The difference has been as simple as playing more team offense and out quicking Boise

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boise69-67 with the ball, 37.4 seconds to go. The Cvenders have made some era freshman plays

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

69-68 Boise with the ball 15.8 left

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McGwire makes 2 Ft. 3 to lead with13.6 to go

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haley Cavender hits a 3. Tie game 7.6 to go. The girl has guts. Overtime

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/05/20 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boise 77-73 40.2 ,left in OT

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/20 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

phew. what an ending!

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: