RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/11/21 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm thinking that the state of Indiana wants the medical license back that it issued to "Dr." Stock.

Quote:
Dr. Gabriel Bosslet, an ICU physician at Indiana University Health, calls Stock’s comments about immune derangement caused by the COVID-19 vaccine “nonsense” backed by no data.

“We have a natural study of billions of people in the world who've gotten this vaccine who don't have deranged immune systems. I can tell you they don't have deranged immune systems because they're not in the hospital with COVID,” he said.

Quote:
Dr. Gabriel Bosslet said if Stock made these claims, he doesn’t understand ADE or is purposely trying to mislead people.

Quote:
“We have not lost anybody at our hospital that’s been vaccinated,” said Dr. Rob Klinestiver, a pulmonologist who serves as medical director of pulmonary and respiratory services at Hancock Regional Health. The hospital is in the same county where Dr. Stock is trying to convince a school board that vaccines don’t work.

“These people dying now are in the prime of their life and the only thing they have in common is they are unvaccinated,” Klinestiver told 13News.

Quote:
“All the studies are that people who previously had COVID-19, when you measure antibody levels before and after the vaccine, it goes up,” said Bosslet. “So I have no clue where [Dr. Stock’s] data comes from. And frankly, that defies all logic.”

The ICU doctor said he is skeptical of other doctors who claim to know more than state and federal health agencies.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/verify/fact-checking-dr-dan-stocks-covid-19-claims-at-the-mt-vernon-indiana-school-board-meeting-verify-disinformation-hancock-county/531-35d5d1f1-cc54-44eb-99e9-fadc92a0016d

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/11/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An Arkansas doctor needed to transfer a patient. He called Indianapolis. Over 600 miles away. Every other hospital that he called was also on diversion. It turned out that Indy couldn't take the patient because of the type of care that she needed (IU Methodist probably judged the best, most wide-ranging hospital in the state of Indiana couldn't take her - that's scary!).

Arkansas only had 12 ICU beds in the STATE at one point. TWELVE!! IN THE ENTIRE STATE!!!!!!!!

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/indianapolis-methodist-hospital-diversion-staff-arkansas-icu-patient/531-0dd1c9a2-6bf5-4367-a6f6-507f5079d616

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/12/21 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, this is going to piss off a lot of conservatives!!!!!!
Quote:
The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to block a COVID-19 vaccine mandate at Indiana University, clearing the way for school officials to require students and faculty members to be vaccinated.

Associate Justice Amy Coney Barrett rejected a request from Indiana University students for emergency relief. The case is the first challenge to a vaccine mandate during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/12/covid-19-vaccine-scotus-declines-indiana-university-vaccine-challenge/8115997002/

Howee

PostPosted: 08/12/21 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to block a COVID-19 vaccine mandate at Indiana University, clearing the way for school officials to require students and faculty members to be vaccinated.

Associate Justice Amy Coney Barrett rejected a request from Indiana University students for emergency relief. The case is the first challenge to a vaccine mandate during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/12/covid-19-vaccine-scotus-declines-indiana-university-vaccine-challenge/8115997002/

I couldn't get to the story (paywall), but....whatttt!? It sounds as if they petitioned her alone. When did we start allowing groups/individuals to petition any single scotus member?

PostPosted: 08/13/21 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

I couldn't get to the story (paywall), but....whatttt!? It sounds as if they petitioned her alone. When did we start allowing groups/individuals to petition any single scotus member?

No paywall, but maybe you have to have an account with them? Try this one: https://www.wane.com/news/supreme-court-justice-wont-block-college-vaccine-mandate/

Quote:
The court’s newest justice rejected the plea without even asking the university for a response or getting her colleagues to weigh in. Justices often act on their own in such situations when the legal question isn’t particularly close. Barrett handles emergency matters from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, which includes Indiana.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/14/21 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
When did we start allowing groups/individuals to petition any single scotus member?

Probably in 1789.

Barrett's decision not to take the case was clearly a correct and conservative one. The case had been unanimously decided in favor of Indiana University by a three judge appellate panel composed of two Trump appointees and authored by Frank Easterbrook, a 72 year old conservative icon, based on the 1905 Supreme Court Jacobson precedent, which allowed mandatory smallpox vaccinations in Massachusetts without exceptions for every adult.

Since the case at bar involved only students at one university and also allowed for exceptions for religious and medical reasons, it was an easy case under Jacobson.

There are several cases around the country attacking mandatory vaccinations. Every one I've read is filled with ridiculous arguments and is a loser.

All that legal stuff aside, it's difficult for me to discern the libertarian philosophical position on mandatory vaccinations.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/14/21 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“I can tell you right now we’ve got 12 inpatients with COVID, every single one is unvaccinated,” he said. “That’s the most number of COVID patients we’ve had in this hospital since the vaccine came out.”

Dunkle said many of these patients are also younger than they are used to seeing.

”We have people under the age of 40 in the hospital now, many of which are on oxygen,” Dunkle said

Quote:
Dunkle said he’s worried the flu will be on the comeback as fewer people wear masks this fall and winter.

”Those other respiratory illnesses, like influenza, that we were lucky to avoid last year, I don’t think we’re going to avoid them this year,” he said.

Quote:
”This shouldn’t be political, it’s not about personal choice,” Dunkle said. “It’s about doing the right thing. How many people have to die before more people get vaccinated?

https://www.wane.com/community/health/coronavirus/indiana-hospital-creating-patient-beds-in-offices-storage-areas-due-to-covid-19-surge/

tfan

PostPosted: 08/15/21 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New Covid-19 Hospitalizations for 30- to 39-Year-Olds at Record Rate

Quote:
Group largely avoided hospitals earlier in pandemic, but highly contagious Delta variant and lagging vaccination rates have changed health outcomes[

New hospital admissions of Covid-19 patients in their 30s hit a daily average of 1,113 during the seven days that ended Wednesday, up from 908 the prior seven days.

I was preparing to post this based on the heading and subheading. But then I read further and the subheading actually isn't accurate based on a stat they give. In early January, 2 per 100,000 of 30 somethings were entering the hospital due to COVID-19. Now it is 2.5 per 100,000. That's a 25% increase but doesn't reflect "largely avoided hospitals" versus the present.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/15/21 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Howee wrote:
When did we start allowing groups/individuals to petition any single scotus member?

Probably in 1789.

Barrett's decision not to take the case was clearly a correct and conservative one. The case had been unanimously decided in favor of Indiana University by a three judge appellate panel composed of two Trump appointees and authored by Frank Easterbrook, a 72 year old conservative icon, based on the 1905 Supreme Court Jacobson precedent, which allowed mandatory smallpox vaccinations in Massachusetts without exceptions for every adult.

Since the case at bar involved only students at one university and also allowed for exceptions for religious and medical reasons, it was an easy case under Jacobson.

There are several cases around the country attacking mandatory vaccinations. Every one I've read is filled with ridiculous arguments and is a loser.

All that legal stuff aside, it's difficult for me to discern the libertarian philosophical position on mandatory vaccinations.

The thing with both of the new conservative justices is that they are still justices.

I don’t want them there. I don’t think they should be there. But they aren’t as subjected to current political ideology, and this - right here - is the reason for the appointment for life.

Amy didn’t have to play politics with this, instead of the obvious legal answer. And what you see with these two - repeatedly, is that ..yes, they have their ideology, but they rule by the law first.

PostPosted: 08/15/21 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Supreme Court is far less politicized than the media makes it out to be. The reality is we've got eight of the best legal minds in the country plus Sam Alito making decisions on contentious issues based on the law. Media loves to make SCOTUS rulings (a vast majority of which are near unanimous rulings on legalese) seem like partisan dogfights when they’re not. That sort of lack of perspective is what causes people to think the court is far more partisan that it actually is

PostPosted: 08/16/21 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Supreme Court is far less politicized than the media [and the kneejerk partisan politicians during Supreme Court nominations] makes it out to be.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/16/21 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
we've got eight of the best legal minds in the country plus Sam Alito

I see what you did there.

PostPosted: 08/17/21 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas school district finds unique loophole in Gov. Abbott’s ban on mask mandates

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article253562849.html

Quote:
Paris ISD’s board of trustees voted to alter the district’s dress code to include masks, according to its website.

PostPosted: 08/19/21 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Israel was an inspiration with their high vaccination rates and their cases going down to around zero. But now worldometer shows their cases have spiked up towards where their two previous peaks had been.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/

Deaths lag the infections so too early to see if they match their heights in the two previous peaks (would really suck if they do with all those vaccinations), but they have begun a sharp rise a little over a month after the cases began to rise.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/21/21 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

32 year old football coach dies of complications of COVID.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/southern/2021/08/21/western-carolina-assistant-football-coach-dies-unexpectedly-age-32/8227862002/

tfan

PostPosted: 08/23/21 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Vaccinated Are Worried and Scientists Don’t Have Answers

Quote:
Though it is evident vaccination still provides powerful protection against the virus, there’s growing concern that vaccinated people may be more vulnerable to serious illness than previously thought.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/29/21 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is a new study - not yet peer reviewed - which shows prior infection (not clear but presumably not the Delta variant) with COVID-19 to be better at protecting from re-infection from the Delta variant than the Pfizer vaccine. Which to my layman's brain makes more sense than the studies that showed the vaccine gave more immunity than having the virus did.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/29/21 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makes logical sense to me too, though interestingly it is not the case with all viruses/vaccines (eg. the HPV vaccine).

PostPosted: 08/29/21 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
There is a new study - not yet peer reviewed - which shows prior infection (not clear but presumably not the Delta variant) with COVID-19 to be better at protecting from re-infection from the Delta variant than the Pfizer vaccine. Which to my layman's brain makes more sense than the studies that showed the vaccine gave more immunity than having the virus did.

There were at least a couple of earlier studies that said the opposite so I think the jury is still out on this one. I think it's rather a moot point IRL because we need to get everyone vaccinated because our health system is imploding again due to the huge volume of patients and because the unvaccinated now make up the vast majority of patient deaths. Waiting for patients to get the virus once and hoping that keeps them immune is going to result in a lot of deaths in the meantime.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/04/21 5:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This article says that:

a) 62% of Americans have had at least one vaccine dose
b) The U.S. is heading into Labor Day weekend with just over four times as many Covid-19 cases and more than twice as many hospitalizations as at this time last year

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/04/21 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That article fails to say that
a) only 53.5% of the US population are fully vaccinated
b) that the country had 0% of cases with delta variant last year and 93% this year
c) <5% of hospitalizations and deaths are occurring in vaccinated patients.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/07/21 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Idaho hospitals begin rationing health care amid COVID surge

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-public-health-coronavirus-pandemic-idaho-db21f9a14254996144e78aafb1518259

Quote:
The move allows hospitals to allot scarce resources like intensive care unit rooms to patients most likely to survive and make other dramatic changes to the way they treat patients. Other patients will still receive care, but they may be placed in hospital classrooms or conference rooms rather than traditional hospital rooms or go without some life-saving medical equipment.

PostPosted: 09/07/21 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Idaho hospitals begin rationing health care amid COVID surge

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-public-health-coronavirus-pandemic-idaho-db21f9a14254996144e78aafb1518259

Quote:
The move allows hospitals to allot scarce resources like intensive care unit rooms to patients most likely to survive and make other dramatic changes to the way they treat patients. Other patients will still receive care, but they may be placed in hospital classrooms or conference rooms rather than traditional hospital rooms or go without some life-saving medical equipment.

Ration the care of the anti-vaxxers, and give everyone else what they need.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/10/21 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There were various predictions on when Delta infections would peak and many were fairly near term. The 7 day average for infections has begun going down at the worldometers site.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/18/21 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because of my job, I always look through the local obits. The last 3 weeks or so, I have seen more people between 30 and low 50's than I have EVER seen. There's even be a very healthy looking 20-something! I'd say there's been 10-12. I can look for a month and it's only people 60+ with maybe 1-2 50 somethings. Usually if it's someone young, it's stated that they died in a car accident or had some disease condition. These obits are mostly saying "died unexpectedly" or just 'passed away.'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 94 of 100

Jump to: